• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzmanZ

Man, that was one of greatest time I had on NeoGAF. We finally got the game like after a decade and the pace of reveals and announcements were superior to MVCI. We got new information every month unlike MVCI.

The reminder of U/MVC3 hype train.

GVCdM.jpg
Wow I forgot I was in that pic and my love for nemesis included

Loved the demo actually graphics are nice only I still find the controls weird I prefer mvsc2 style

Is it only 2 partners to a team btw for final game though?

Megaman was sweet I want zero too if he is not already in

Nice. I wonder if that can hurt the opponent like Chun-Li's taunt can. If the game didn't have such an open tag system, it'd be fun if it did massive damage, but it's way too easy to lock someone down with one character and tag X in for a taunt kill to be a good idea.

Well, according to..

Does damage, very low and the windup almost renders it pointless but it's there

It can. But when I tried it at some point, nothing happened. It hates me, clearly.

McNum

So it exists solely to style on someone. Because getting a KO with a taunt that you need to user a Hyper to unlock temporarily can only be for style purposes.

Loved the demo actually graphics are nice only I still find the controls weird I prefer mvsc2 style

Is it only 2 partners to a team btw for final game though?

Megaman was sweet I want zero too if he is not already in

The controls are more similar to MVC2 than anything else. The only difference is you can't get a MP/MK by chaining lights together.

Yes, it's 2V2.

Zero was announced, so the Maverick Hunter team is in.

Dahbomb

At least Chun Li/Dante/function in MvCI aren't the biggest presentation related debacle to hit 2017.

We still have Mass Effect Andromeda and this monstrosity...

5f4.gif

I can't wait to see more of everyone's alt colors and skins. So far I've seen:

Goldtron
Proto Man X/Rising Fire
Black Nova
Black/White/Red Carol
Purple/Silver Thanos

and I'm sure a few others I'm not thinking of. I love seeing the inspiration behind the colors/costumes

Anyone have any ideas how they'll make Nemesis less booty? Maybe actually give him infinite hyper armor on startup on his super like we thought they would originally?

Keits

Developer
Anyone have any ideas how they'll make Nemesis less booty? Maybe actually give him infinite hyper armor on startup on his super like we thought they would originally?

Nemesis, nearly completely unchanged from MvC3, would be pretty good already in MvCi imo. His moveset would mesh with this game's systems pretty well. His rocket launcher super and punches super are both slow and hit repeatedly, great for tag cancelling for pressure and mixups. Even things like doing a long range anti air command grab and tag cancelling that in case they dont jump would be pretty nasty.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
At least Chun Li/Dante/function in MvCI aren't the biggest presentation related debacle to hit 2017.

5f4.gif

what am I looking at? It looks like when South Park did the anime parody

Neoxon

5f4.gif
To this day, I still can't understand why the Berserk adaptation was renewed.

Dahbomb

....You leave my Berserk alone. lol
Fucking never. That monstrosity of animation should be ridiculed until the end of time (or until we get a definitive Berserk adaptation that cleanses our minds of that abomination).

what am I looking at? It looks like when South Park did the anime parody
You are looking at Berserk 2017, an actual anime adaptation of the best manga series ever made. This is not a parody, this is what the show actually looks like.

Ashhong

I don't know why it bothers me that it seems to be MCU vs Capcom. Makes it seem like such a cash grab instead of a focus on a good fighting game. Regardless, I hope it's good and I'll most likely buy it anyway. Wasn't sold on the demo but I've enjoyed every CvM game so far

Neoxon

I don't know why it bothers me that it seems to be MCU vs Capcom. Makes it seem like such a cash grab instead of a focus on a good fighting game. Regardless, I hope it's good and I'll most likely buy it anyway. Wasn't sold on the demo but I've enjoyed every CvM game so far
I mean, there wasn't really much Capcom could do about that aside from turning the deal down & waiting it out. Silver lining, at least we have Nova & (maybe) Venom as far as non-MCU characters go.

Ashhong

I mean, there wasn't really much Capcom could do about that aside from turning the deal down & waiting it out. Silver lining, at least we have Nova & (maybe) Venom as far as non-MCU characters go.

Yea I get that. Which is why I'm still going to play it haha. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Sidenote: Isn't Nova heavily rumored to be coming soon? I would think maybe a cameo in Cap Marvels movie?

Neoxon

Yea I get that. Which is why I'm still going to play it haha. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Sidenote: Isn't Nova heavily rumored to be coming soon? I would think maybe a cameo in Cap Marvels movie?
They have the Nova Corps in the MCU & introduced Rhomann Dey (the one who gives Richard Rider his powers) in Guardians Vol. 1, but there's currently no plans to do solo Nova due to James Gunn not being a huge fan of solo Nova. All the same, he left the door open for someone else to do Richard Rider in the future.

We already have Hagger, they're not gonna include anymore Final Fight characters.

I'm assuming it was Lucia from DMC2.

Since someone brought up Cloak and Dagger
I wonder if Marvel would do some sort of company-wide marketing event for the freeform/hulu shows when they release in 2018 and we'd get some of them as DLC?

Though I guess if they didn't consider Defenders important enough...

Neoxon

I wonder if Marvel would do some sort of company-wide marketing event for the freeform/hulu shows when they release in 2018 and we'd get some of them as DLC?

It's possible, Marvel (or Capcom, or both) did decide to save Black Panther for DLC.

Would really like to get down to the bottom of this roster stuff, but tbh it doesn't even matter, my fate was sealed the moment Monster Hunter was mentioned by Ryce

All they need to do is give me like 30 seconds of Monster Hunter gameplay in an upcoming trailer and I'm buying this game regardless of my complaints

I am very weak willed

tribal24

Banned

thats the thing if they view the game as a service, i would expect cross promotion with things but i don't trust capcom on keeping release dates in check for DLC.

Jawmuncher

thats the thing if they view the game as a service, i would expect cross promotion with things but i don't trust capcom on keeping release dates in check for DLC.

Yeah, especially if SFV is any indication.
The content rollout for that game is all over the place.

Neoxon

They still haven't released the 3rd Strike costumes for Ibuki & Alex. Didn't the show those like a year ago?
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if those costumes ended up being saved for a huge wave of Nostalgia Costumes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just curious with people's thoughts here.

What is your expectation for final numbers for the roster in few years? Since they said they had a plan for years.

What is your expectation for final numbers for the roster in few years? Since they said they had a plan for years.

As long as we end up about where MvC2 amd UMvC3 were, I'll be happy. Anything less would be squandering a great opportunity to expand the game over time and give it some real long-term life. Anything more I will treat as a very pleasant surprise.

Neoxon

I feel like matching MvC2's roster count may be the bare minimum of Marvel & Capcom's goals for the game as far as DLC goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom