• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Dormammu is either going to lose a version or gain a 4th version of Dark Hole.

Though they are getting rid of DPs so I am thinking here is how they do Dormammu.

Dark Hole - QCF Punches, lose a version
Purification - QCF kicks, lose a version
QCB LP - Power of the Creator
QCB LK - Power of the Destructor
QCB HP - Release

DD Attack - 4 buttons, 4 teleports like Strange
QCB HK + LK - Flight

As far as Spencer and Thor go, Spencer got 4 versions of Wire Grapple and Thor got 2 versions of his Mighty attacks. Most characters got their special moves lowered to 3 but some like Strange, Spencer and Strider got 4.

Honestly with the exception of screen position moves, a lot of these specials don't really need a medium version.

Dormammu is either going to lose a version or gain a 4th version of Dark Hole.

Though they are getting rid of DPs so I am thinking here is how they do Dormammu.

Dark Hole - QCF Punches, lose a version
Purification - QCF kicks, lose a version
QCB LP - Power of the Creator
QCB LK - Power of the Destructor
QCB HP - Release

DD Attack - 4 buttons, 4 teleports like Strange
QCB HK + LK - Flight

As far as Spencer and Thor go, Spencer got 4 versions of Wire Grapple and Thor got 2 versions of his Mighty attacks. Most characters got their special moves lowered to 3 but some like Strange, Spencer and Strider got 4.

Honestly with the exception of screen position moves, a lot of these specials don't really need a medium version.

Honestly, Dormammu just can't lose a version of Dark Hole and Purification. Imagine if there was a position you could stand in where Dormammu couldn't threaten you anymore outside of Dark Matter, which you can just jump over. He would be horrendously bad. So either he gets a full rework or there are 4 of each. If there are 4 of each, then my guess is that version 4 summons right on top of Dormammu as an anti-teleport option or something. Purification actually could have used 4 versions in MvC3 because it had a blind spot.

What is Dr. Strange's new teleport position?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Do we know how much the season pass is and if it comes with the mmx command mission costume? That's the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger

Because I am sheeple

I think Season Pass is 30 dollars, and it only come with 6 newcomers and their premium costumes.

Also MMX's Command Mission costume and Hulk's Warrior costume are more likely to be Deluxe Version Preorder Exclusive.

Edited:
lM4h2wL.png

I think Season Pass is 30 dollars, and it only come with 6 newcomers and their premium costumes.

Also MMX's Command Mission costume and Hulk's Warrior costume are more likely to be Deluxe Version Preorder Exclusive.

Oh fuck that gotta get the deluxe edition then, sheeple hard for command mission x costume

Neoxon

The UMvC3 pre-order costumes were made available to everyone else not too long after launch, so there's that to consider.

Honestly, I really wish that Capcom had made costumes the money maker in MvCI rather than characters. Because lord knows I'd buy esoteric costumes for Marvel characters. US Agent for Cap, Thunderstrike for Thor, Captain Universe for Spider-man, etc.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The UMvC3 pre-order costumes were made available to everyone else shortly after launch, so there's that to consider.

Nope. If people missed out certain preorders, then they still have to wait for two-three months to get it out. You should clarify on "shorty after launch" since you made it sound like a week or two.

Edited: Here is the timeline for DLC (for UMVC3) And I bolded the packs that are available for preorders so it seems that they got two months exclusive on those costumes. I wonder how long they would have exclusive on those costumes for Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite.

MvC3 Costume Pack (11/15/11): Chris Redfield, Ryu, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Dante
The Rising Dead Pack (11/22/11): Frank West, Nemesis, Phoenix, Ghost Rider
The Evil Twin Pack (12/6/11): Hsien-Ko, Vergil, Deadpool, Spiderman
Ancient Warrior Pack (12/20/11): Arthur, Firebrand, Hulk, Magneto
Brawler Pack (1/10/12): Spencer, Haggar, She-Hulk, Iron Fist
Femme Fatale Pre-Order Pack (1/17/12): Morrigan, Chun-Li, X-23, Storm
Villain Pre-Order Pack (1/17/12): Wesker, C.Viper, Super-Skrull, M.O.D.O.K.
New Age of Heroes Pre-Order Pack (1/17/12): Akuma, Strider, Dr. Doom, Sentinel

Animal Pack (1/24/12): Felicia, Amaterasu, Wolverine, Rocket Raccoon
Weapon Expert Pack (2/7/12): Trish, Zero, Taskmaster, Hawkeye
Viewtiful Strange Pack (2/21/12): Viewtiful Joe, Tron, Phoenix Wright, Dormammu, Dr. Strange, Nova

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Have they said how much individual characters will be? I'm not interested in buying costumes so I don't want to fork out for the season pass if it'd be cheaper to just buy the characters.

for Character Pass 2017, 6 newcomers with their premium costumes so I guess the cost of Character Pass 2017 would be 30 dollars. I presume 5.99 dollars per character, so we might save 6 dollars by going with Character Pass 2017, plus some money for not buying costumes individually.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They sure as hell better not be the same price as SFV since nothing's earnable for free.

Agreed. I think it would be good if they are going to price it at 3.99 but I can see they are going with 4.99 to 5.99.

Seems like an oversight to not make Warrior Thor look more like Thor: Ragnarok MCU Thor

Well, they have to license out for actor's appearance so that would even cost more money.

Jawmuncher

They sure as hell better not be the same price as SFV since nothing's earnable for free.

$5.99 is what SFV characters cost if you chose to pay for them. I'm expecting MvCI characters to be around $4-5 on their own.

Unless the season pass is cheaper than $30 I don't think that'll be the case. Thus far every capcom season pass is made to have the pass as being a "savings" of some sort. You don't need a season pass when all chapters are $5 bucks or even less.

Only other idea is that the season pass is 24.99 and they're charging people for the Hulk and Megaman Costumes at 2.49 each in the deluxe

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
$5.99 is what SFV characters cost if you chose to pay for them. I'm expecting MvCI characters to be around $4-5 on their own.

That's why I said 5.99 because I wouldn't be surprised that they are going to slap the same price on MVCI characters.

Problem is

I'm still not sure we are going to get only 6 characters in 2018 so I think we might get more characters than what people would expected. I would guess 10-12 characters since they could borrow some assets from UMVC3 to padding the numbers for Season Pass to make it look more appealing so they could focus more on newcomers. Again, I might be wrong on my feeling.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Only other idea is that the season pass is 24.99 and they're charging people for the Hulk and Megaman Costumes at 2.49 each in the deluxe

20 dollars for Character Pass
2.50 dollars per costumes so four costumes = 10 dollars
Also if you are going to get PS4 version then you also get Captain Marvel's alternative costume as well.

Jawmuncher

20 dollars for Character Pass
2.50 dollars per costumes so four costumes = 10 dollars
Also if you are going to get PS4 version then you also get Captain Marvel's alternative costume as well.

Depending on if the pass is trying to force costumes, it might be a better deal to skip it

vg260

Unless the season pass is cheaper than $30 I don't think that'll be the case. Thus far every capcom season pass is made to have the pass as being a "savings" of some sort. You don't need a season pass when all chapters are $5 bucks or even less.

Blech.

It would be terrible if they charged the same amount for costumes as they do for SFV as the reason for the super elevated price for those is supposedly to make up for making the other content earnable for free.

I'm thinking the costumes will be two-packs for $4 or $5, as most of their pre-order DLC in the past was a single pack no more than $5 in value when sold later. Still sounds like an increase over MvC3.

I had no issues with the DLC pricing on SF4 and MvC3. I bought most/all on multiple systems, but their pricing schemes this gen turn me off so much.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Depending on if the pass is trying to force costumes, it might be a better deal to skip it

I do think Character Pass 2017 is somewhat good deal since I don't have to pay 6 costumes for those DLC characters. However it would be much better if they could throw one or two stages in the season pass.

Is Amazon ever going to get the Physical Deluxe Edition?? I want to order that with the Prime discount. (To get the 4 pre-order skins.)

I think Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and GameStop have it... Amazon, what's up?

Is Amazon ever going to get the Physical Deluxe Edition?? I want to order that with the Prime discount. (To get the 4 pre-order skins.)

I think Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and GameStop have it... Amazon, what's up?
Prime discount no longer applies to special editions. You'd have to pay full price either way.

Best Buy is the only place you can get a discount on the DE and the CE.

brian!

Havent really been following this stuff, will characters be available with in-game currency (is there in-game currency?)

Jawmuncher

Dropped in price on Amazon again. It's $40.88 now for the standard.

Anyone on the fence lock in a preorder now and cancel it later if things don't change. It'll end up going back up at any moment

Jawmuncher

Currently unavailable.... won't let you pre-order at the moment.

Try on mobile. It says you can't in the listing. But the page itself has it preorderable.

Ahh never mind. Seems they might be fixing it. Guess it went too low for them.
BUT seems if you locked in a preorder earlier from Amazon, it'll be this price.

brian!

No, they removed that.

Too many people complained about how hard it was to unlock free DLC characters in SFV apparently.

Dang
Im never gonna unlock all the characters in sfv w/ the rate i play but i was pretty much able to purchase every character i was interested in, sad that mahvel wont do the same

JayEH

I think it would have better for them to not say what the dlc characters are. Look how many people are mad that black panther and sigma are dlc.

Prime discount no longer applies to special editions. You'd have to pay full price either way.

Best Buy is the only place you can get a discount on the DE and the CE.

That sucks. I'll just hop on that GCU I guess. Been warning to for a while and it has more benefits for games than prime anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom