• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

We Def need asura in this game (never played God hand so I personally can't speak for or against gene).

And lord raptor (Anakaris tho?)

Renkax

Looking forward to this :) hopefully the DLCs aren't too far away also and hopefully they show up before or after NYCC. Would love a reveal there

Meio kinda reminded me of Lord Saddler from RE4. You can tell the difference now, but when I first saw him, I kinda thought it was him.

I still wonder if we'll fight Sigma in the story.

Lulubop

strider-hien-namco-x-capcom-4.29.jpg

WHEN?

if they went by the polls

X (in)
Captain Marvel (in)
Gene
Venom (DLC?)
Gambit
Captain Commando
Psylocke
Jin

would make sense to be in at some point

Though X-men character chances for anyone not named Wolverine, Storm, Magneto is unlikely even in the best case scenario and CapCom and Jin might be too obscure to bring back

Top 4 seem likely though

I'm conflicted. Meio is very much like Jedah to me in a surprise/out there kinda pick, which I like and think we need more odd or obscure picks to make the roster interesting. But the character personally does nothing for me and only furthers the idea that story mode peeps are the priority.

He could've been S2 or if there is one S3 character and I think I'd be a lot happier

More then anything I'm wondering if Sigma is going to be released the week the game comes out as like a surprise. I can see it happening and then people bitching about him not being in the base roster.

It'd be nice to see some Sigma gameplay sooner than later.

I guess they'll probably wait a bit before showing. I was actually surprised the 3rd DLC character wasn't shown in the trailer.

Coda

That clip is some serious craziness! New players are gonna get destroyed by veteran players in this game.

Lulubop

It'd be nice to see some Sigma gameplay sooner than later.

I guess they'll probably wait a bit before showing. I was actually surprised the 3rd DLC character wasn't shown in the trailer.

I think they're avoiding announcing DLC characters atm because of possible backlash. I hope the first two come at the same time at least. I mean they kinda have to if they wanna get em all out before 2018

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I think they're avoiding announcing DLC characters atm because of possible backlash. I hope the first two come at the same time at least. I mean they kinda have to if they wanna get em all out before 2018
They'll release one per month, calling it.

And, yeah chances are they were gonna show off all DLC fighters before the game came out but backlash made them weary.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can't see him being in for awhile, i feel like we would get Batsu before him.

I'm not sure about that. I felt that Batsu is too vanilla for this game. :p

We Def need asura in this game (never played God hand so I personally can't speak for or against gene).

And lord raptor (Anakaris tho?)

Asura for 2018, BELIEVE!

Who?

That clip is some serious craziness! New players are gonna get destroyed by veteran players in this game.

Thankfully there would be beginner lounge for new players.

October: Sigma/BP
November: Capcom and Marvel character
December: Capcom and Marvel character

That's my prediction.

I think everyone actually predicted Black Panther and Sigma being first two characters of DLC 2017. I really hope Hunter and Venom would come during November.

Jesus that Jedammu clip is insane. Looks like grab lv3s aren't completely useless now.

They'll release one per month, calling it.

And, yeah chances are they were gonna show off all DLC fighters before the game came out but backlash made them weary.
The characters will be released in pairs. They've also confirmed all 6 will be out before year's end.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The characters will be released in pairs. They've also confirmed all 6 will be out before year's end.

ill chuck that one in with the "brand new characters" for the season pass, in the "ill believe it when I see it category". Especially because things change dramatically in game development.

I really wanted to be surprised about who we'd be getting beyond Sigma/Black Panther, but that seems unlikely now. I guess I'll have to wait for 2018 for that.

Dahbomb

That's not even 90%, that's like 60-70% because that final LVL3 drops (unless it's an inescapable reset).

And it's 60-70% burning 4 meters and the whole Soul gauge.

What could you do in Marvel 3 with 4 meters and the equivalent X factor? You could kill 4 characters LMAO!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's not even 90%, that's like 60-70% because that final LVL3 drops (unless it's an inescapable reset).

And it's 60-70% burning 4 meters and the whole Soul gauge.

What could you do in Marvel 3 with 4 meters and the equivalent X factor? You could kill 4 characters LMAO!

its all about it looking cool damn it! You would think a Vergil fanboy would know this :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We literally have nothing to go off of for who the last 4 DLC characters are.

People thought BP was base until he was unveiled as DLC.

An unverified, minimally conflicting leak from half a year ago saying the remaining DLC characters would show up in the story in some form or another is the only thing that has people thinking TWS/Venom/Meio/project4thcharacterhere are DLC.

The mere exposure effect is truly at work in MahvelGAF; Ryce said he thinks Meio will be the last character enough times that people are believing it that it's somehow likely now, even though it's wholly contingent upon believing a semi-convenient random reddit rumour and ignoring that they profiled him as an NPC in the story mode panel.

In the immortal words of Regina George, stop trying to make Meio happen. It's not going to happen. It's effectively unlikely, not likely, to happen, because of that panel.

Durden77

UM Tyrant comes through with HULK gameplay finally

unfortunately, much like the previous gamescom Tyrant video, it seems whoever is playing the game (especially on player 2, maybe its vs the AI?) is... not...very good. No offense Tyrant if youre out there lurking, we still apreciate the videos :p

Man the VA in this game in general I dislike, but I especially hate how so many characters just sound like they're using the lamest fucking generic "tough guy" voice. Like Dorm, Hulk and Ghost Rider all sound to same to me. And it's awful.

* INSERT GRAVELY TOUGH GUY VOICE HERE*

Dahbomb

its all about it looking cool damn it! You would think a Vergil fanboy would know this :p
Vergil isn't about being cool, he's about being efficient. You are confusing him with Dante.

I mean I am all for cool and stylish stuff but this isn't the type of stuff you will see in tournaments on the regular. This is a training mode combo.

Rhaknar

Vergil isn't about being cool, he's about being efficient. You are confusing him with Dante.

I mean I am all for cool and stylish stuff but this isn't the type of stuff you will see in tournaments on the regular. This is a training mode combo.

I mean the character, youre runing my groove here.

An unverified, minimally conflicting leak from half a year ago saying the remaining DLC characters would show up in the story in some form or another is the only thing that has people thinking TWS/Venom/Meio/project4thcharacterhere are DLC.

The mere exposure effect is truly at work in MahvelGAF; Ryce said he thinks Meio will be the last character enough times that people are believing it that it's somehow likely now, even though it's wholly contingent upon believing a semi-convenient random reddit rumour and ignoring that they profiled him as an NPC in the story mode panel.

In the immortal words of Regina George, stop trying to make Meio happen. It's not going to happen. It's effectively unlikely, not likely, to happen, not likely, because of that panel.

no.... we are going by the zip leak which has been proven 100% correct so far. Thats where people are getting the last 4 dlc from, not from Ryce's words.

Is that avatar your penance for IntelliHeath's?

yes

giphy.gif

DR2K

Banned
As long as Meio isn't 1 or the 6 characters, everything is good.

Capcom can make him a free addition at some point if they choose.

I think the Capcom side especially is filled at the characters people don't want quota. I'd laugh if they tried to sell Meio.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

In the immortal words of Regina George, stop trying to make Meio happen. It's not going to happen. It's effectively unlikely, not likely, to happen, because of that panel.

What? No one thinks it's from a random Reddit rumour. It's because they're on the .Zip leak that lists DLC character alongside the entire main roster. And it also doesn't list every story NPC, given that M.O.D.O.K. isn't there. And people doubt that only some DLC characters are in story mode, so the assumption is every DLC char is in the story. So they make assumptions that Death is not a character and Winter Soldier is, because Death feels less likely to be a character. And there's only 3 Campcom characters in the list that aren't in the roster, the exact number of DLC characters.

Stop trying to make Meio not happen. It's never not gonna happen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
no.... we are going by the zip leak which has been proven 100% correct so far. Thats where people are getting the last 4 dlc from, not from Ryce's words.
The zip leak doesn't say he's a DLC character, at all. It says he has a model in the story mode, that's it. A story mode we know has NPCs. One of which happened happened to be featured in the story mode panel alongside other NPCs like Ultron Sigma.

It would be unlikely that they show off all these story-mode only stuff only to make it all playable via DLC, let alone do a feature on a story-mode only character in a story mode panel, and then turn around and be like hey! now they're DLC! Would be incredibly odd.

There's more working against Meio than for. And what's for is just gleefully ignoring those things I noted above.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The zip leak doesn't say he's a DLC character, at all. It says he has a model in the story mode, that's it. A story mode we know has NPCs. One of which happened happened to be featured in the story mode panel alongside other NPCs like Ultron Sigma.

It would be unlikely that they show off all these story-mode only stuff only to make it all playable via DLC, let alone do a feature on a story-mode only character in a story mode panel, and then turn around and be like hey! now they're DLC! Would be incredibly odd.

There's more working against Meio than for. And what's for is just gleefully ignoring those things I noted above.

What things you noted? The false assumption that people are basing on a random 'leak'?

The fact that people thought BP wasn't gonna be DLC? What does that have to do with the other character

That you think people are just taking Ryce's word at face value or just following what he said? I believed that Meioh was DLC before Ryce said so. And even then how does that make Meioh less likely?

The fact that they "profiled" him as an NPC? Well, I mean, He is. Until he's DLC.

You really have nothing to say that he isn't the last Capcom DLC character.
I like the training stage :(

And I enjoy all the Sonic the Hedgehog games. It's okay to like bad things/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Hunter tho?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What? No one thinks it's from a random Reddit rumour. It's because they're on the .Zip leak that lists DLC character alongside the entire main roster. And it also doesn't list every story NPC, given that M.O.D.O.K. isn't there. And people doubt that only some DLC characters are in story mode, so the assumption is every DLC char is in the story. So they make assumptions that Death is not a character and Winter Soldier is, because Death feels less likely to be a character. And there's only 3 Campcom characters in the list that aren't in the roster, the exact number of DLC characters.

Stop trying to make Meio not happen. It's never not gonna happen.
Could just be a gameplay folder, hence why M.O.D.O.K. and Dr. Light aren't in there because you never fight them directly in gameplay.

If every DLC character was in the story and everything is numerated so conveniently, that doesn't explain the irregular amount of models per side (particularly more on the Marvel side).

And again, the reason why I mention the reddit rumour is because that's the only real tangible base for assuming the rest of the models are more than NPCs and DLC characters. Otherwise, no good reason for making that leap just because the first two and only two announced early on (coinciding with their reveals, I might add, which have since passed for Meio and for some nonsensical reason only decided to show him out of the rest of the DLC characters).

It's very flimsy suggestion at best, requiring several degrees of assumptions. It's very poor reasoning.

What things you noted? The false assumption that people are basing on a random 'leak'?

The fact that people thought BP wasn't gonna be DLC? What does that have to do with the other character

That you think people are just taking Ryce's word at face value or just following what he said? I believed that Meioh was DLC before Ryce said so. And even then how does that make Meioh less likely?

The fact that they "profiled" him as an NPC? Well, I mean, He is. Until he's DLC.

Yes, that false assumption. Which is still present in your other post, regardless of whether you got it from that leak or not.

Except for superman 64 that is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom