• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

Am glad X finally is in the limelight again. Its been so long since i saw that character , feels nostalgic seeing X,Zero and Sigma.

I wish they gave X his theme from X4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGBUdNSWNY

Man, THIS is the one I played the shit out of. I always get all the X games mixed up (besides the first), but hearing this track confirms it. Yeah I played the shit out of X4. I still don't think I ever beat Sigma. Got to him multiple times but would get a game over and have to start ALL OVER.

Jawmuncher

I've said it before. But I would literally kill for Dino Crisis to be treated like Mega Man and to a lesser extent Darkstalkers.

Numerous rereleases, tons of merch, and guaranteed crossover spots?
Yes Please.

Jawmuncher

How did DC series sell?

4.4 million. Not as much as Mega-man total sales (But he has a lot of games and DC1 and DC2 are ranked higher than a lot of them by mass) but more than Final Fight, Darkstalkers, Okami, viewtiful joe, Ghost n Goblins, and numerous other capcom IPs we still see in MVC games and other stuff.
DC is like the red-headed step child on the capcom's Platinum Game Sellers list. With maybe only Sengoku Basra starting to be treated as badly since it's usually rejected from crossover stuff as well. Though Onimusha is starting to get to that point as well. Though it's had a few little things helping it out.

Shadoken

Are there any reviews for the Collectors edition ? I wanna see how good the figures are. I kinda wanna get it coz its just 160$ on Best Buy GCU.

Thats 90$ more that deluxe for 4 figures.

Lulubop

Man, wasn't Sengoku Basra a big deal for a time? Like had Musou on the ropes, and Koei kinda started making their stuff more similar?

I mean in Japan of course.

Better than MM series on average that's for god damn sure.

4.4 million. Not as much as Mega-man total sales (But he has a lot of games and DC1 and DC2 are ranked higher than a lot of them by mass) but more than Final Fight, Darkstalkers, Okami, viewtiful joe, Ghost n Goblins, and numerous other capcom IPs we still see in MVC games and other stuff.
DC is like the red-headed step child on the capcom's Platinum Game Sellers list. With maybe only Sengoku Basra starting to be treated as badly since it's usually rejected from crossover stuff as well. Though Onimusha is starting to get to that point as well. Though it's had a few little things helping it out.

That's a damn shame.

Dahbomb

Noob question. Is X and Zero noobie characters meaning easy to use?

X is confirmed zoner yes?
X is fairly straighfoward, he does have a curve to him though. Zero is harder, you need to charge the Buster with him always, it's super integral to his game plan. Plus Zero has more complex movement than X as he has command dashes both on the ground and in the air plus Lightning.

Durden77

Noob question. Is X and Zero noobie characters meaning easy to use?

X is confirmed zoner yes?

Zero is fairly easy to grasp as a beginner because of his big multihitting moves, but you'll hit a wall pretty quick, and will need a lot of skill and practice to bring out his full potential. Charging the buster constantly, tight execution, complex combos...ect.

X we don't really know enough about yet, but I would guess it's about the same as Zero. He seems tricky to master.

Jawmuncher

Man, wasn't Sengoku Basra a big deal for a time? Like had Musou on the ropes, and Koei kinda started making their stuff more similar?

I mean in Japan of course.

Yeah it was a flash in the pan kind of thing. Came out shook up the Musou. Everyone loved it and then just kinda fell off for whatever reason. I could see the series coming back on Switch though.

Seyavesh

Jedah is a bust ass. Confirmed.

fGtPzD2.jpg

Dahbomb

tenor.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

How hard is it to charge zero buster if you play on fighting commander pro 4? I never used him enough in mvc3 to try.
Wasn't that hard in marvel 3, you could put a button to one of the shoulder buttons. You wouldn't have full mastery because you would have to switch up the charge buttons mid combos sometimes but something like st.L you can set to charge and it works for 90% of his game plan.

I don't know if that will work in MVCI.

Durden77

How hard is it to charge zero buster if you play on fighting commander pro 4? I never used him enough in mvc3 to try.

I play on stick, but I found it pretty difficult. It's just one more thing you have to keep track of in the madness that already is Marvel. Especially when it came to switching the button mid combo to keep the charge and stuff....my mind drops it completely.

Ryce

Isn't Grandmaster Meio a main villain in Project X Zone? I've never played the game, but I remember hearing that somewhere.

tenor.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

Wasn't that hard in marvel 3, you could put a button to one of the shoulder buttons. You wouldn't have full mastery because you would have to switch up the charge buttons mid combos sometimes but something like st.L you can set to charge and it works for 90% of his game plan.

I don't know if that will work in MVCI.

I play on stick, but I found it pretty difficult. It's just one more thing you have to keep track of in the madness that already is Marvel. Especially when it came to switching the button mid combo to keep the charge and stuff....my mind drops it completely.

Ah thanks. Will look into it.

I will never be able to use Zero because holding out a button and sometimes having to switch just fucks me up especially on pad (which I'm using here since PS3 sticks aren't supported.) I'm like one of those people that plays Balrog and never TAPs lmao.

Though I guess I should actually sit down and get used to it.

Shadoken

Lets not forget RE just had one character in MvC2 when it was already Capcom's Top 3 franchises by then. While tons of other niche Capcom characters got in.

Its not just sales , but also how they would fit in the series. And if the character has a unique or iconic look.

I'd say thats an unfair comparison. Capcom diluted the megaman franchise to infinity , it would be on sale for barely a year before the sequel would come out.

Final Fight was a hugely successful and influential arcade game , cant just compare its console sales ( which was also really good for its time ). Darkstalkers is pretty much carried by Morrigan and her popularity. Shes an auto rep.

GnG has some new found popularity because of some online game IIRC? But yea it does get a bit more limelight that it should be. Okami is like Capcom's highest rated game or something among reviewers.
Vjoe is kinda weird , but then again the character is very unique so maybe thats why he got in. And he is still more recent than Dino Crisis.

I think the problem with Dino Crisis is that if they want to renew interest in the Franchise , they gotta go all in AAA ( Which is weird considering how relevant Dinosaurs are again with Jurassic world and shit ). They cant just hire some small dev and release a new title like they did with Strider.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so we know arcade unlocks colors. I wonder if it unlocks colors for both iof your characters or just like, the first or something?

Dahbomb

Ruebon Langdon as Dante, JYB as Zero (who is also Nero).

2 Voice actors from DMC4 in MVCI.

2 + 4 - "I" = 5

DMC5 confirmed!!!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ruebon Langdon as Dante, JYB as Zero (who is also Nero).

2 Voice actors from DMC4 in MVCI.

2 + 4 - "I" = 5

DMC5 confirmed!!!!!

this one made me lol

edit: another gaffer got the cdkeys version (he hasnt been posting here) so thats another one for the PC army at least.

It's hard to see no dual audio for Capcom characters imo.

The gameplay looks fun though.
Looking forward to see how the game is received.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
so we know arcade unlocks colors. I wonder if it unlocks colors for both iof your characters or just like, the first or something?

You have to beat Arcade Mode with a character twice to get both colours. It's kinda dumb.

edit: another gaffer got the cdkeys version (he hasnt been posting here) so thats another one for the PC army at least.

Oh, yeah, if I get it soon (1000 pesos ain't that much, right?) sign me up for the PC peeps.

Neoxon

Preview of Fighter Card

Voice Actors/Actresses list
Seeing as Ashly Burch is unionized, this either means that Laura Bailey is gonna voice someone else or she was busy with other shit during MvCI's recording (most likely the latter, possibly the former).

But yeah, the Marvel side is pretty much everyone I expected based on how they sounded & who was cast for the characters in the recent cartoons (Cap, Iron Man, & Hawkeye aside, who got their EMH/UMvC3 VAs back). I wonder if this means that Benjamin Diskin is gonna voice Richard Rider in the Guardians cartoon in the near future.

Jawmuncher

Lets not forget RE just had one character in MvC2 when it was already Capcom's Top 3 franchises by then. While tons of other niche Capcom characters got in.

Its not just sales , but also how they would fit in the series.

I'd say thats an unfair comparison. Capcom diluted the megaman franchise to infinity , it would be on sale for barely a year before the sequel would come out.

Final Fight was a hugely successful and influential arcade game , cant just compare its console sales ( which was also really good for its time ). Darkstalkers is pretty much carried by Morrigan and her popularity. Shes an auto rep.

GnG has some new found popularity because of some online game IIRC? But yea it does get a bit more limelight that it should be. Okami is like Capcom's highest rated game or something among reviewers.
Vjoe is kinda weird , but then again the character is very unique so maybe thats why he got in. And he is still more recent than Dino Crisis.

I think the problem with Dino Crisis is that if they want to renew interest in the Franchise , they gotta go all in AAA ( Which is weird considering how relevant Dinosaurs are again with Jurassic world and shit ). They cant just hire some small dev and release a new title like they did with Strider.
Nah I'm not saying X character should be taken out.l or anything. Just saying lesser characters in terms of sales waltz right in.

As I said earlier. It capcom at least acknowledged Dino Crisis more than they do considering its status as a multi million seller I'd have less complaints. The last time Dino Crisis had a actual rep and not just a costume was Namco x capcom.

The fact that I'd take the dire straits Mega Man fans think they're in is what I'm getting at. DC eating like MM has the last two years would be heaven for me.

DC is in this odd spot of almost he forgotten despite having been successful in the past. When they bring it back it'll practically be seen as a new IP with how little capcom has show cased it through out the years.

Rhaknar

You have to beat Arcade Mode with a character twice to get both colours. It's kinda dumb.

aye but my question stands. Does it unlock for both of them?
if so, thats 30 times with all chars for all colors. Thats alot of arcade mode. If its just for the first character in the team, then you would have to do arcade mode 60 times, and that is just ungodly ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom