• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Big Band shit is fucking amazing. holy shit :D

I got it. Man movement is butt. If you try to WD traditionally you'll get random dd moves you try to do f+Lp+Hp d you get random supers. You can ONLY dash with two punches too. I though maybe if I tried dashing with LK+HP I could avoid the random supers but no.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

That's definitely good news so it would give people who have those five costumes a sense of entitlement of "exclusive" for few months I suppose. Why I think it's a good news since it would give us a hope that Captain Marvel potentially getting Ms. Marvel (OG) costume.

8i6eNfH.jpg

I really like former one but I know it's more likely to be latter one tho.

Ryce

We all know that the .zip leak is correct at this point, but I just realized that it even has the alternate costumes correctly labeled as 2 instead of 1.

Spade

whats the easiest way to get a refund then, just submitting a support ticket? You guys got me worried now.

Yea, submit a support ticket and for the category just select Refund. That's what I did and stated I wanted a refund. They refunded me later on.

patchday

whats the easiest way to get a refund then, just submitting a support ticket? You guys got me worried now.

I sent them an email this morning (with my order #) after gaf made me aware the amazing deal on cdkeys was indeed too good to be true ;(

They refunded my money promptly.

Basic Zero BnB. Full corner carry 5700 some odd damage builds a bar.

Charging, c.LK, HP, f+HP, f+HK, qcf+LK, buster cancel, dash, f+HP, dd+HP, buster cancel, dash f+HP, c.HP, j.LK, j.lK, HP, HK, f+HP, buster cancel, dd+Lp+Hp

Skab

You do that you will get a super.

I don't know if it's what he meant, but you wave dash marvel 2 style, canceling with down. You have to let the animation rock a little longer than usual for it to be worth while though, otherwise you cancel the dash to early and you don't get the distance you want.

MrCarter

Ordered due to discount on Prime. 2 more days! Actually really looking forward to playing and watching how the Cinematic story unfolds. Let's go Jedah and Morrigan.

Neoxon

I've been working on this for a while, but I thought I could compile all of the Fox ban nonsense into one post. Keep in mind that everything in the first quoted post below was as of June 14th, 2016.
Marvel legally has the rights to give developers access to their entire cast of characters thanks to Activision's hold on certain franchises (the X-Men for example) expiring back in 2014. The only license Activision has left is the Spider-Man movie tie-in license, which expires next year. This isn't a matter of Marvel not being able to use X-Men & Fantastic Four characters, it's the fact that they don't want to. Marvel's been trying to minimize the exposure of the X-Men & the Fantastic Four in an attempt to lower the popularity of both properties (which would in turn screw over Fox). Within the last few years, Marvel has had a bit of a feud with 20th Century Fox over the properties they still hold the movie rights for (the X-Men & the Fantastic Four). It grew to the point where, after the release of Marvel: Contest of Champions (the mobile Injustice knock-off by Kablam), Marvel imposed a complete ban on all X-Men & Fantastic Four characters in games made after Contest of Champions. One of the first victims of the ban was Marvel Mighty Heroes, whose developer (DeNA) had this to say on the matter.

m45z5LB.png

To clarify what this ban means....
  • As stated earlier, all new games made after Contest of Champions are not allowed to use any X-Men & Fantastic Four characters. This includes the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Jean Grey/Phoenix, X-23, Storm, Magneto, Super-Skrull, Sentinel, & more.
  • Games made before the ban with active contracts, like Marvel Heroes (the PC MMO), can add whoever they want until their current contracts expires (Ex: Gazillion's existing contract with Marvel expires in 2019).
  • Remasters &/or ports of older games can be re-released untouched (Ex: The Deadpool remaster for PS4 & XB1).
  • The Maximoff Twins, Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) & Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), are only allowed on a case-by-case basis (Ex: Lego Marvel's Avengers). Only their comic book & MCU incarnations can be used in the event that Marvel allows a developer to use one or both of the Twins, & zero references to their X-Men history can be made. They've also been banned from games more times than not, but their inclusion in certain games isn't impossible.
As for the timeline on how this has affected post-CoC games...
  • Avengers Alliance 2: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Avengers Academy: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Lego Marvel's Avengers: The Maximoff Twins are present, No X-Men, No Fantastic Four
  • Marvel Mighty Heroes: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Marvel Future Fight: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins

However, as of October 2016, Bill Rosemann (VP of Marvel Games) made this post on Twitter.
Bill Rosemann said:
Who loves the #XMen? @MarvelGames loves the #XMen! #ResurrXion

CvUaXaCUkAAcps5.jpg
This led many to speculate that maybe the end of the X-Men part of the ban was upon us. And as of June 2017, we started to see Marvel Entertainment reel back on their X-Men restrictions for games when Marvel Future Fight finally added X-Men characters to the roster. This lines up with what Ryce reported around the time of MvCI's initial reveal.
I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming... as DLC. It's a done deal.
But given that we know that MvCI's development started as far back as Summer 2015, Marvel Entertainment's change-of-heart was too late to have any impact on MvCI's base roster or the 2017 Character Pass. That being said, even though the X-Men are starting to come back in Marvel games, the Fantastic Four are now more screwed over than ever. Marvel Heroes, one of the games made before the ban even started, recently had to remove all Fantastic Four characters with the exception of Doctor Doom (likely since he was the main villain of the game). While the Ryce post implies that Capcom made the DLC deal with Marvel before they doubled down on the F4 ban, we're still talking about a rumor in Ryce's case. And as such, this recent development throws the chances of Doctor Doom & Kl'rt/Super-Skrull joining the MvCI roster into question.

TL;DR: The lack of X-Men & Fantastic Four characters in MvCI's base roster (& likely the 2017 Character Pass) is NOT Capcom's fault, but rather the fault of the higher-ups at Marvel Entertainment (likely Ike Perlmutter, if you want to get specific).

V-Faction

Thanks, Neoxon.

Makes me think how modern-day MvC has been subjected to so much Corporate decision influence and design. MvC3 was authorized around the time when Marvel was really pushing their Phase 1 stuff. (AKA getting people hyped for The Avengers 1, introducing them to these characters). The MCU was pretty much Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow, and Thor. The inclusion of the X-Men didn't include the likes of Cyclops, Gambit, Venom etc., but looking back it's almost a miracle Wolvie, Storm, Dr. Doom, Magneto were in at all. Bet Seth Killian had a big hand in that (with Sentinel's return directly affected by him).

It's all about the new hotness, and pushing the latest product, which is why you get Rocket, Iron Fist, Nova, for Ulitmate. And why were getting Thanos, Gamora, Ultron, and Black Panther. The X-ban being a symptom of that is probably my least favorite aspect of these games going forward. But, on the plus side, it DOES introduce new faces and creates new fan-favorites.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Neo that MH part is incorrect, not only can they not add whoever they want but they even had the F4 characters removed from sale recently.

Neoxon

Neo that MH part is incorrect, not only can they not add whoever they want but they even had the F4 characters removed from sale recently.
Keep reading, I mentioned the F4 part later in the post. The initial quote was as of June 2016.

Thanks, Neoxon.

Makes me think how modern-day MvC has been subjected to so much Corporate decision influence and design. MvC3 was authorized around the time when Marvel was really pushing their Phase 1 stuff. (AKA getting people hyped for The Avengers 1, introducing them to these characters). The MCU was pretty much Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow, and Thor. The inclusion of the X-Men didn't include the likes of Cyclops, Gambit, Venom etc., but looking back it's almost a miracle Wolvie, Storm, Dr. Doom, Magneto were in at all. Bet Seth Killian had a big hand in that (with Sentinel's return directly affected by him).

It's all about the new hotness, and pushing the latest product, which is why you get Rocket, Iron Fist, Nova, for Ulitmate. And why were getting Thanos, Gamora, Ultron, and Black Panther. The X-ban being a symptom of that is probably my least favorite aspect of these games going forward. But, on the plus side, it DOES introduce new faces and creates new fan-favorites.
Marvel also didn't want Magneto and Storm in 3. Seth had to fight for them too.

I don't know if it's what he meant, but you wave dash marvel 2 style, canceling with down. You have to let the animation rock a little longer than usual for it to be worth while though, otherwise you cancel the dash to early and you don't get the distance you want.
Omg you guys are so dumb. It is not like Marvel 2. Read my post.
I'm done posting about the game. This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom