• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Just watched the Fchamp vs SonicFox sets, dude got washed 😂 not that I'd fare any better but I also understand I don't know shit about this game yet.

Really hoping this series doesn't get put on ice, they should try to V it but it's nowhere close. There's a good base, : patches for infinites, goodwill stuff, a model change and QOL can help turn it around but that costs money and who knows if they want to throw good after what is so far kinda bad for them.

I won't be playing these games in 10 years so hope they get right with this one.

Think I'm leaving Tony for Clint. Offers a much better balanced team and I like how time stone gets me where I need to go for combos, escaping pressure, and converting arrows with either Hawkeye or Spidey off an ice arrow.

Bring back bae Laura capcom. Make her wolverine.

NEO0MJ

So if I understand that glitch right certain supers reset hitstun deterioration which allows you to pull of combos that usually you shouldn't be able to do because under normal circumstances the opponent would break free? Cool.

Also, I wish players who knew what they were doing would pick Sigma. The videos seen so far have been pretty bad.

Neoxon

So if I understand that glitch right certain supers reset hitstun deterioration which allows you to pull of combos that usually you shouldn't be able to do because under normal circumstances the opponent would break free? Cool.

Also, I wish players who knew what they were doing would pick Sigma. The videos seen so far have been pretty bad.
That's par the course for footage taken from conventions, especially with new characters.

NEO0MJ

That's par the course for footage taken from conventions, especially with new characters.

Yeah but you'd think someone decent would be there. I'm not asking for Justin or even Max tier, just someone who can do spacial commands right and has a basic understanding of the combat system.

Sigmaah

So we basically got a new dhc glitch lmao.

The one glitch I truly despised and vowed never to use in vanilla mahvel 3.

Let's hope they patch this type of stuff before ppl start making heavy use of it.

Neoxon

Yeah but you'd think someone decent would be there. I'm not asking for Justin or even Max tier, just someone who can do spacial commands right and has a basic understanding of the combat system.
Max is over in California, & the likes of Justin mainly attend tournaments. If they gave this build to be played at a tournament, then you'd see more decent players using the characters.

I never really played Zero in MvC3. For those who play him on pad, are y'all remapping a button to be on the shoulders so you can charge and still hit other normals? If so, which button?

In MVC3 you could map an attack to multiple buttons, but not here. My solution is kind of janky but it fits my needs.

I map LK to L2 and map LP+LK to the X button. It works out for my X/Zero team for the most part but it's still gross. That's why I'm praying Sigma will be good so I don't have to deal with trigger charging anymore.

So we basically got a new dhc glitch lmao.

The one glitch I truly despised and vowed never to use in vanilla mahvel 3.

Let's hope they patch this type of stuff before ppl start making heavy use of it.

It resets hsd but damage scaling still seems to be intact. Looking at these videos, I wish people set the dummy's meter to 0 so we can see how much it builds for them, since it seems to build a lot of the attacker, it's a good bet that the defender builds a lot too. So I think in a practical sense, people will try to counter switch out before they can kill a character (It seems that they get rather close in these vids but not exactly there yet), so this seems like a very practical way to force a counter switch, which the attacker could try to tag on their way in.

If it takes 2 combos to kill a character, I think killing in less hits rather than more is much better so you don't build your opponent meter. But on one hand red life is huge in this game, it comes back so fast, so still don't want to give them that leeway to heal up. I do think throws are pretty damn useful because of red life. I've seen huge chunks of it just straight up gone, because throws happen pretty off, since they are 1 button and seems to be pretty far for characters.

NEO0MJ

Max is over in California, & the likes of Justin mainly attend tournaments. If they gave this build to be played at a tournament, then you'd see more decent players using the characters.

I think you misread my post. I said I didn't need someone of Justin or even Max's level :p

FSLink

Banned
It resets hsd but damage scaling still seems to be intact. Looking at these videos, I wish people set the dummy's meter to 0 so we can see how much it builds for them, since it seems to build a lot of the attacker, it's a good bet that the defender builds a lot too. So I think in a practical sense, people will try to counter switch out before they can kill a character (It seems that they get rather close in these vids but not exactly there yet), so this seems like a very practical way to force a counter switch, which the attacker could try to tag on their way in.

If it takes 2 combos to kill a character, I think killing in less hits rather than more is much better so you don't build your opponent meter. But on one hand red life is huge in this game, it comes back so fast, so still don't want to give them that leeway to heal up. I do think throws are pretty damn useful because of red life. I've seen huge chunks of it just straight up gone, because throws happen pretty off, since they are 1 button and seems to be pretty far for characters.

Yeah, some of the vids G.X. tweeted out showed that the enemy builds a lot of bar, enough to tag out, so it isn't the worse thing.

Dahbomb

People still have not figured out how to optimize combos in this game.

Longer isn't better in this game. The Sonic Fox approach is the way to go, you want to always be in an advantageous position after and minimize Counter Switches.

Longer isn't better in this game. The Sonic Fox approach is the way to go, you want to always be in an advantageous position after and minimize Counter Switches.

Now it makes sense why he's so dominant - you want to combo Skullgirls-style.

kiaaa

I'm not even sure I want to really work at learning flight loops. They don't seem worth it when I can get similar damage from a much easier combo. I suppose you get more meter, but from what I can tell, you give the opponent almost the exact same amount.

ryan13ts

I'm convinced this game completely bombed, at least on Xbox anyways. I can literally never find a game on Casual or Ranked no matter the time of day, and there's usually only one or two lobbies up at a time.

I don't think I've ever seen that in a online game that's been out for less than two weeks. (Well, if you don't count Lawbreakers but that's another platform..)

Producer

man, dante is so bs in this game. it triggers me to see this guy jet stream and twister/tempest all over the fucking place with no consequences

Dahbomb

I'm not even sure I want to really work at learning flight loops. They don't seem worth it when I can get similar damage from a much easier combo. I suppose you get more meter, but from what I can tell, you give the opponent almost the exact same amount.
You still want to learn flight loops because they are good to convert from air to air situation. Also if you can squeeze a bit more meter and land a lvl3 to kill a character then it's worthwhile.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keits‏ @TheKeits 54m54 minutes ago
More
Another 13 man mvci tournament?!

which one would this be?

Top Bottom