• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Skittles

Damn, MH has super armor on some of her moves

Loveeeee the attention to detail they put into the game with character interactions. If you select X and Sigma they have different dialogue on the select screen, based on which one was selected last

JayEH

That's how the roll is in the MH game I believe. MH I think is up there with Dante with faithfulness to their original game.

Dahbomb

Uhhhhhh mh roll is completely invincible when powered up thats nuts
Can't roll when you are locked down.

giphy.webp

brian!

Is it frame 1 tho, cuz time stone is frame 2 i believe

Mh dash bends time better than infinity stone?? 🤔🤔🤔

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It's a shame it's a CapcomUnity stream, so we can't gleam anything about the development or future patches or whatever. At least it's nice to have more direct feed footage of the characters.

JayEH

It's a shame it's a CapcomUnity stream, so we can't gleam anything about the development or future patches or whatever. At least it's nice to have more direct feed footage of the characters.

Let's be real when we would ever hear anything about development for this game.

Skittles

Did that Sigma sword swipe super look invincible to anyone else?
Yea, he should have gotten tagged by the other sigma's super but it went right through him.

Just noticed the nice Tertiary animation on fallen bodies that stay on screen after death. You can see them breathing

Dahbomb

I mean if we are talking about game authenticity...

Dante's jump has invulnerable frames and he too has a roll cancel. His wave dash and air dash also has invulnerability. And he has a Parry and a Counter/Reversal that can one shot you, a Parry which can Parry projectiles and physical hits (you can even parry God if you wanted to).

Also what about that Time slow and Doppelganger feature? I mean Zero and Gamora has those, Dante should have that too!!!

Imagine if Dante's block actually had to be timed in royal guard, most players would get bodied straight out of the gate if they had to do that (as in they would die like it's Dante Must Die Mode). Especially since player timing is much more unpredictable compared to AI.

sinkfla87

So has anyone made a full post yet of what I can pushblock and what I cannot? Or is there an overarching rule for what isn't able to be pushblocked? I know you can't do shit against Gamora guns but I need to delve deeper into this so I don't keep pressing buttons and getting murdered lol.

Yup that's super stupid at the same time look back at all the super stupid stuff in the series.

It'd be great if they patch it up and make the game a little more stable overall but at the end of the day it's a marvel game a hot mess is to be expected that's half the fun
There's fun stupid and then there's "trying to play Gold Lightan in TvC" stupid. More and more we're closer to the latter

patchday

I wonder why go through the charade of making us wait til Tues if these characters been done before release? I mean by this point we're all really sure these 3 DLC characters were already done

It's hilarious I want these DLC characters so bad I havent even mastered one character adaquetly. But the stupid casual deep within wants a huge cast

JayEH

I wonder why go through the charade of making us wait til Tues if these characters been done before release? I mean by this point we're all really sure these 3 DLC characters were already done

It's hilarious I want these DLC characters so bad I havent even mastered one character adaquetly. But the stupid casual deep within wants a huge cast

Everyone is still accusing them of cutting them from the game so they might as well have just released everyone day 1. Game sold like shit too so it wouldn’t lose any sales either.

Skittles

I really doubt Sony allows you to change the day your patch drops so easily. Probably finished slightly ahead of schedule so they showed em off
Everyone is still accusing them of cutting them from the game so they might as well have just released everyone day 1. Game sold like shit too so it wouldn't lose any sales either.
If the last 3 were able to released, we would have seen something by now. Those characters are looking like late december releases if we don't hear anything when the DLC drops
I gotta be honest
Mh looks fucking broken
Yeap, she looks incredibly nuts. Her armor and invincibility are gonna be a problem.

What did Gold Lightan do?

We starting to realize the amount of broken shit that needs to be fixed. The actual gameplay mechanics are mad fun but half the top tiers can straight up ignore how mechanics are supposed to work.

Yep that's the biggest problem is the split between characters who have to play by the rules and characters that don't.

The good thing it seems like any fixes will simply involved tuning those rule breaking characters to fit within the game better.

Jaeger

Watching that stream I missed. Both Panther and Sigma look gawdly! Btw, I can see the PC version of Infinite being heavily modded with MvC3 characters added, and all the fixes made by fans that Capcom may never end up fixing. Think Project M. It's gonna be great.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Watching that stream I missed. Both Panther and Sigma look gawdly! Btw, I can see the PC version of Infinite being heavily modded with MvC3 characters added, and all the fixes made by fans that Capcom may never end up fixing. Think Project M. It's gonna be great.

A large sustained project like Project M would require a large, dedicated community...

Dahbomb

You can't roll while being lock down so nah... she isn't going to be able to do much.

Looks like a cool support character though.

Top Bottom