• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

FSLink

Banned
Sigmas QCB+Lp in the air is soooo good!!! (Divide or some shit right? I haven't really memorized the names) shits an overhead, 2 hits and has armor :0

YAAAS I LOVE THIS GAME. Also I can finally not use reality cause sigmas QCP+HP eats that shit FREE. IM COMING FOR YOU REALITY SPAMMERS.

YAAAS NIGGA YAAAAS.
What do you do against Gamoras? She's really annoying as Sigma lol

FSLink

Banned
tried out some space stone and its pretty good but im so used to throwing out reality stone before tagging
Space Stone is so great once you get used to it. And being able to box opponents who recklessly tag back into their low HP character is fun. Makes it a great tool to steal back momentum, or keep momentum going.

tariniel

Another question, for characters that do combos with air dashes in them, what's the most common/easiest way to input it?

Example with Dante, he does: launch > j.HP > air dash > j.HP > double jump > j.HP into whatever ender.

I've been doing it with the stick, pressing forward forward for the dash. Is it better to press 2x punches? Should I map 2x punches to a single button?

FSLink

Banned
Another question, for characters that do combos with air dashes in them, what's the most common/easiest way to input it?

Example with Dante, he does: launch > j.HP > air dash > j.HP > double jump > j.HP

I've been doing it with the stick, pressing forward forward for the dash. Is it better to press 2x punches? Should I map 2x bunches to a single button?
For characters without flight I just use two punch buttons to dash, for flight characters....

Easiest way is mapping with a single button. Don't forget the j.LP before the flight combo.

So it'd be something like launch with cr.HP, super jump, j.HP xx flight, j.LP then hit LP+HP, hit it again while holding direction (it'll automatically become a dash instead of j.HP, and repeat.

Sigmaah

What do you do against Gamoras? She's really annoying as Sigma lol

I haven't fought any gamoras yet while using sigma but I think you could either counter or maybe his tackles will take the armor. I'm not too sure cause her guns hit physical but I'll check it out later today.

brian!

Yeh it's physical + you can just tackle like a b0ss i think, he should technically be pretty good but i havent seen it in action yet

Example with Dante, he does: launch > j.HP > air dash > j.HP > double jump > j.HP into whatever ender.

I've been doing it with the stick, pressing forward forward for the dash. Is it better to press 2x punches? Should I map 2x punches to a single button?

In general 2x punches is better, for fly combos you can even just mash it for the dash->hp->dash->hp

Reset concept for bp: https://twitter.com/raynexpress/status/920917147945140225

Haven't played this game since a week ago since I've been playing TEW2. Just had my first match this week and got bodied by a stupidly good Dante/Dorm player.

GOING SOMEWHERE?

tumblr_oy200haf8R1r7sijxo1_500.gif
Top 10 Anime Battles

Voidwolf

Man, it took me like 10 minutes non-stop to get Gamora's 5th mission, the standard combo into Divine Slash(?) > crouching LK > crouching HP > standard air combo (apologies, I don't know all the fighting game acronyms for inputs) but when I finally got it I quit out to training and just kept practicing it for a while. Finally felt like I somewhat got it so I went into Arcade against a CPU and couldn't pull off the whole combo in a fight haha. I got a long ways to go.

Also I tried finding a match in Beginners League and couldn't find anything, I even set it to all regions and connection 1+ but still nothing. Did the same searching for a casual match and still nothing! Playing on PC btw, is the game dead on this platform?

zenspider

Man, it took me like 10 minutes non-stop to get Gamora's 5th mission, the standard combo into Divine Slash(?) > crouching LK > crouching HP > standard air combo (apologies, I don't know all the fighting game acronyms for inputs) but when I finally got it I quit out to training and just kept practicing it for a while. Finally felt like I somewhat got it so I went into Arcade against a CPU and couldn't pull off the whole combo in a fight haha. I got a long ways to go.

Also I tried finding a match in Beginners League and couldn't find anything, I even set it to all regions and connection 1+ but still nothing. Did the same searching for a casual match and still nothing! Playing on PC btw, is the game dead on this platform?

I had zero requirement matches on in training mode and had one match in 45 minutes. I think it's dead.

ZeroCDR

Hopefully the PC version will pick up after a few good discounts, because I totally want to abandon the PS4 version at some point. I'm fickle when it comes to paying for PS+ and this is the only game that's making me pay for it atm.

Voidwolf

I had zero requirement matches on in training mode and had one match in 45 minutes. I think it's dead.

This game has a fight request system like in SFV? I had no idea.

In response to the post above, I think it may have been around 11PM EST when I was searching.

Another thing I noticed is that while in fullscreen mode with my Xbone controller plugged in, I can continue using my PC with mouse and keyboard on my second monitor and playing the game on the main monitor. It doesn't switch off the focus, it's so awesome as I can train while simultaneously browsing the web for tips and combo inputs and stuff without the need to alt tab or click out of the game. I love it, I can't think of a single PC game that does this.

Dahbomb

Saturday is the Red Bull Proving Grounds finals right?

That's the next stone event which will give the Power Stone. This should be our first major event for MVCI since SCR in terms of actual competition. Sonic Fox said he will be in attendance along with other notable East Coast players.

brian!

Yeah last i checked there were at least 80 signed up, hoping for some hype shit. Wouldnt be surprised if sonic took it, he seems fired up from the loss

Producer

Saturday is the Red Bull Proving Grounds finals right?

That's the next stone event which will give the Power Stone. This should be our first major event for MVCI since SCR in terms of actual competition. Sonic Fox said he will be in attendance along with other notable East Coast players.

any west coast players going?

Don't buy this game on PC, even on sale this is one of the worst ports I've ever played. I haven't had a single playable online match since the first 2 days of release, it constantly loses my stick for some reason and nobody is playing it. It's honestly one of the dumbest purchases I've ever made. Can't wait till the console version is $20........

Don't buy this game on PC, even on sale this is one of the worst ports I've ever played. I haven't had a single playable online match since the first 2 days of release, it constantly loses my stick for some reason and nobody is playing it. It's honestly one of the dumbest purchases I've ever made. Can't wait till the console version is $20........

My experiences have been literally the opposite of this, for what it's worth. I live on the pacific US coast and play during the evening which is probably peak hours but I always am getting consistent matches really quickly with really solid connections and I've never had any issues with my stick.

Plus now mods are starting to come out.

brian!

My experiences have been literally the opposite of this, for what it's worth. I live on the pacific US coast and play during the evening which is probably peak hours but I always am getting consistent matches really quickly with really solid connections and I've never had any issues with my stick.

Plus now mods are starting to come out.

Same, east coast have never had an issue finding a match.

Jawmuncher

First Star Wars Episode 3 and now this.

Delete this, nephew.

Also I'm an SMT fan so I'm required by law to worship any line Kaneko puts on paper.

How do you manage to continuously disappoint me

Yeah no, the Kaneko Devil Trigger Design is GOAT.

It's mainly the face. It's just so derpy and non-threatening for a "Most Powerful Form".
untitled1mvuzz.png

I get what they were trying for (going "full" devil) but they just look too mushy.
Their dark coloring doesn't help matters either.

shaowebb

Finally saw some of Justin playing Black Panther.
...its actually nothing special at the moment. J Wong still plays with Nova+reality stone which doesn't really do a whole helluva lot to opimize panther. He's basically playing two point characters pure rushdown and since he gets more damage with Nova and BP doesn't get any mixups off him it just ends up looking like a Nova fest.

J. Wong really needs to pick either Space stone to fish crossups or pick a better tag partner for one of his team. As is, he's great but his team is really holding him back IMO.

brian!

Dunno if he's committing to anything, prob just trying him out. I think reality would be pretty good with bp just to help him deal with enemy reality surge

NotLiquid

Maximilian put up a video on YouTube showing the MonHun tech that was on his stream the other day. For those who don't know, MonHun's cinematic level 1 resets the characters to mid-screen which allows you to immediately follow up with another cinematic hyper if you perform it during the time freeze. His best combo so far nets 9.2k damage using 4 bars and no stone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyR7FWBrE5E

Sesha

Maximilian put up a video on YouTube showing the MonHun tech that was on his stream the other day. For those who don't know, MonHun's cinematic level 1 resets the characters to mid-screen which allows you to immediately follow up with another cinematic hyper if you perform it during the time freeze. His best combo so far nets 9.2k damage using 4 bars and no stone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyR7FWBrE5E

This is pretty sweet. It's basically a custom tag super too.

NotLiquid

Sparda > 3 > Alastor > everything else

Though I'm gonna be "that guy" and say I probably love Nero's Devil Trigger just as much because he goes full fucking JoJo

Top Bottom