• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Neonep

I think Nero's DT looks fantastic and better than most designs in the series.
latest

JayEH

Nero is better than most things in the series. Shame he’s forever forgotten like so many other capcom charcters.

Voidwolf

I just won my first online match! Opponent had Monster Hunter and Captain America with the purple stone and I had Gamora and Captain Marvel with the time stone. They were kicking my ass real bad with MH, every now and then I'd get a few hits in but they did a few combos and got Gamora to critical real fast so I swapped to Marvel and they swapped to Cap and I was able to start turning it around with some terrible attacks haha. That time stone really comes in handy for throwing people off though. Can't believe I actually won, the other player had some good combos on me.

And it was ranked, I forgot to set it to Beginners League.

Jawmuncher

For SFV we’re missing 12 more costumes for that extra mode since I think everyone should be getting at least one (he didn’t post VJ but we know Rashid is getting that). There’s 5 more female characters who don’t have a costume so Regina has a chance to make it into SFV.

kirblar

For SFV we’re missing 12 more costumes for that extra mode since I think everyone should be getting at least one (he didn’t post VJ but we know Rashid is getting that). There’s 5 more female characters who don’t have a costume so Regina has a chance to make it into SFV.
C.Viper or Roxy would definitely get a Regina costume if one of them makes it in.

Go to the PlayStation Store & get the characters. They should show up as free. It’s a dumb way to handle the pass, I know.

It's how MKX/IJ2 DLC works too.

I have the Ultimate edition but I have to go to the add-on sections and download the appropriate DLC (it's like 1 MB per)

Neoxon

It's how MKX/IJ2 DLC works too.

I have the Ultimate edition but I have to go to the add-on sections and download the appropriate DLC (it's like 1 MB per)
I guess I’m too used to SFV just giving them to you if you have the pass.

Cool thanks.. nice combo, neo. Now I have something to work with!😬
I’m still trying to nail the Wall Cling cancels, so hopefully I’ll be able to get more combos down. The one you just saw took around 30+ minutes to nail (including experimenting with other variations of the combo). In fact, I chose that combo as a means to get by until I can perform Wall Cling cancels consistently.

I guess I’m too used to SFV just giving them to you if you have the pass.

I’m still trying to nail the Wall Cling cancels, so hopefully I’ll be able to get more combos down. The one you just saw took around 30+ minutes to nail (including experimenting with other variations of the combo). In fact, I chose that combo as a means to get by until I can perform Wall Cling cancels consistently.
That's cool, I'm practicing it now cuz it's cool.. I got lots of catching up to do. Lol

bubumiao

Played some Captain Commando earlier on my SNES Classic Edition. It'd be cool if he made a comeback. I really doubt he will though.

:/

Monster Hunter's j.hp and level 1 sword super have to be my favorite things in the game at the moment. That super is my new Bionic Arm.

Oh and fuck Dante. I officially hate that bastard. Twister can fuck off into the sun.

Neoxon

kiaaa

I’ve been at that first combo for an hour now. The DP into super is still getting me (at first I thought it was c.HP into super, & the super refused to connect).

To be honest, I was making more progress when I had my Broadway showtunes playing instead of the game’s music.

You pretty much have to input the super before the dp comes out. It's a small window.

tariniel

I tried playing Monster Hunter last night by pairing her with Dante. I don't really understand how to play her, she is so slow and I don't know how to get in. I was fighting a friend who was using Thanos and Sigma, and I just felt like I was constantly stuck blocking, unless I threw out armor to do something which I still took a ton of damage for doing. I felt pigeon holed into either doing j.HP repeatedly, which he could do Sigmas stupid air-dash-armor-shit, or do grounded armor moves and take damage to maybe get a hit in.

Anyone have tips how to play her more effectively, or players to watch videos of? Her normals are also really slow, I couldn't block punish anything with lp or lk even. I just don't get it. My friend said trying to block punish isn't what marvel is about but I don't understand what I can do if I have no way in and can't punish anything. I actually think Dante might be a bad partner for her because his normals are also on the slow side and can't block punish a lot of stuff either.

Sorry for the rant. I'm sure I'm missing something...

brian!

Both dante and mh have slow normals so maybe something like power stone or reality stone can help you out. Beyond that it's just growing pains i think, at some point youll understand how your comp is supposed to play and adjust accordingly. If you're having issues with pressure mh has an invincible lvl 1 super, so try using that. You can go for a mixup by using mh qcf+hp and tagging in dante for a low/high, if you're looking for approach ideas. Cancel j.hp into her air slashy thing and tag while they are locked down

Dont forget that she can cancel her stuff into a roll (kk) and that the roll turns into an invincible dash if you use the slashy knifey super

tariniel

Both dante and mh have slow normals so maybe something like power stone or reality stone can help you out. Beyond that it's just growing pains i think, at some point youll understand how your comp is supposed to play and adjust accordingly. If you're having issues with pressure mh has an invincible lvl 1 super, so try using that. You can go for a mixup by using mh qcf+hp and tagging in dante for a low/high, if you're looking for approach ideas. Cancel j.hp into her air slashy thing and tag while they are locked down

Dont forget that she can cancel her stuff into a roll (kk) and that the roll turns into an invincible dash if you use the slashy knifey super

Hey, thanks brian, you're super helpful in this thread! Greatly appreciated.

When I get home today I think I'll mess around with power and time stones, I always just use reality because I don't really know how to use the other ones. I need to hit training mode and do some work to find out how to deal with Sigma/Thanos as MH and Dante and with what stone.

I really don't want to have to replace Dante, I love the DMC series (even DmC) and he's one of my favorite characters ever in any video game. It's too bad he gets a lot of shit for being OP or too common, I actually feel bad for playing him sometimes. Let me tell you though at my skill level he definitely does not feel OP, those slow normals are really a problem for my playstyle of blocking and punishing that I learned from years of Street Fighter and Tekken.

Top Bottom