• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite - Story Trailer 3 [Up: Final roster is 30 characters]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWnncuYXCE

Some more details here:
Offline Modes and Features:

Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.

Online Modes and Features:

Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.

HardRojo

Some "new" reveals as we finally see Jedah and Ghost Rider in the Story mode.

Full Story Trailer

mvci_story_screen_-_azdsof.jpg

mvci_story_screen_-_c0psup.jpg

mvci_story_screen_-_dk2sal.jpg

mvci_story_screen_-_i46sir.jpg

mvci_story_screen_-_jgws5o.jpg

mvci_story_screen_-_monsg4.jpg

mvci_story_screen_-_ngfsuu.jpg

mvci_story_screen_-_rwvsnf.jpg

From the description of this mirror of the trailer from Capcom UK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWnncuYXCE
These newly added characters bring the final roster at launch up to 30 characters, with more post launch characters to be revealed in the future.
Category

Final base roster confirmed to be 30, plus 6 DLC characters coming post launch.

BiggNife

For what it's worth, this looks a lot better than the cutscenes in the E3 demo. Maybe it really did get a lot of last minute polish.

Blueblur1

Chun-Li's face is improved but proportions still look like they're out of whack. Especially Spider-Man's.

Edit: Specifically her head.

Baconmonk

This just looks like silly surface level fanservice. I hope the gameplay is good because I'd love a new MvC, but that story mode looks super cringy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's SymbioteHuge, I guess.

Ghost Rider looks okay, the jaw needs work.

Lip synching needs work.

Wait , there's a Civil War aspect to this now?

Symbiote suit spidey!

DAT FASTBALL SPECIAL IN HD

But Jedah is the 4th Stone keeper? Man, it's impossible to predict anything about this game.

Story looks super fun and has a lot more production value than we saw in previous trailers, I'm in.

Blueblur1

Yikes at the roster confirmation. I'll wait for the post-launch $15 edition. Maybe the price will drop even faster than SFV's.

TreIII

Welp! So much for my the last bit of hope I had for Monster Hunter at launch.

This just cements the notion that I'll be fine waiting until the likes of Panther and Hunter (who should have in by default!) are in the game. And by then, I'll probably be playing something else.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If 30 characters is in the OT title, fixed Chun-Li face probably should be too.

This just looks like silly surface level fanservice. I hope the gameplay is good because I'd love a new MvC, but that story mode looks super cringy.
The tone of the story in this game is 100% exactly what an MvC story should be like. It should be campy, cheesy, and fun with a liiiiitle bit of drama given the IPs involved. And it is.

They said they'd fix Chun's face and they fixed Chun's face.

Having played the game a bunch now thanks to a couple of demos being available at UK events...

This game is going to be crack cocaine for the FGC when it hits.

Vic_Viper

Looking alot better than what was shown at E3. Hope this isnt being rushed out the door for EVO.

Was Nova known already? I hope he isnt just a character in the story and is actually playable! Black Panther looks cool but wasnt in the trailer that much.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i hope Collections is really full like MK Krypt stuff - want to be able to play a lot of solo stuff and grind out cool rewards

Top Bottom