• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. DC fighting game?

Let's say you could try the demo for a Marvel vs. DC fighting game. There are 16 characters to play with from the comics, divided equally between the two immensely popular comic publishers, of course.

What characters would you choose? I think I would do it like so:

[MARVEL]
  • Spider-Man
  • Iron Man
  • Thor
  • The Thing
  • Wolverine
  • Jean Grey
  • Ghost Rider
  • Venom
[DC]
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Aquaman
  • Flash
  • Green Arrow
  • Lex Luthor
  • John Constantine
  • Static

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Make it with the original Marvel Vs Capcom/ Xmen vs Street fighter art style. Late 80’s - 90’s character and comic style

Marvel:
Spider-Man
Scarlet Witch
Adam Warlock
Thor
Silver Surfer

DC:
Batman
WonderWoman
Superman
Swamp thing
Black Adam

But there should defo be 20 on each side lol. Always wanted to see a Marvel vs Capcom vs DC game

Krizalidx11

Banned
Let's say you could try the demo for a Marvel vs. DC fighting game. There are 10 characters to play with from the comics, divided equally between the two immensely popular comic publishers, of course.

What characters would you choose? I think I would do it like so:

[MARVEL]
  • Spider-Man
  • The Thing
  • Wolverine
  • Jean Grey
  • Ghost Rider
[DC]
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Lex Luthor
  • John Constantine
  • Static

ZdxqLY0.png

Bridges

Isn't Netherealm rumored to be making this right now?

I fully expect if this were a thing that at least the Marvel side would consist mostly of characters popular in the MCU. DC seems like they've been more lax with Injustice though so maybe we'd see some cool picks there if there's room after all the Batman characters they'll inevitably add. As long as Martian Manhunter is there I'm cool with whatever.

5 slots each isn't nearly enough. You gotta cover the normal characters and then throw in some lesser known characters. Fuck it I'll do 10 each.

Marvel:
Nico Minoru
Cyclops
Wolverine
Armor
Spider-Man
Hulk
Captain America
Moon Girl w/ Devil Dinosaur
Black Panther
Thanos w/ pimp slap DQC input

DC:
Swamp Thing
Batman
Superman
Joker
Harley Quinn
Beast Boy
King Shark
Power Girl
Timber Wolf
Gorilla Grodd

Ozzie666

I imagine each company would be very protective of having their characters humiliated in combat. Having your competition perform a fatality or something similar, wouldn't be great. No one wants to be the loser, or have their characters appear weak. Having Marvel characters beating Superman, might not be great. But I'm all for it.

But if this game was made in the vein of the Capcom VS series, it would be fantastic. They could do Avengers vs Justice League, DC vs Capcom. DC vs Marvel, etc etc, So many great characters and dream match-ups. I always felt Capcom or another arcade company missed this boat in the 90's. Sunsoft and Blizzard games don't count.

You need to use the big names to start.

Also Guy Gardner is a must.

I imagine each company would be very protective of having their characters humiliated in combat.
No one wants to be the loser, or have their characters appear weak. Having Marvel characters beating Superman, might not be great. But I'm all for it.
I don't understand this rationale.

Just last weekend, I did a quick playthrough of Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. I faced:

- Shuma-Gorath, an entity/being that can practically destroy entire galaxies with little work
- Spider-Man, one of the most powerful heroes on the Marvel side
- Apocalypse, practically immortal and one of the most powerful beings in the entire Marvel universe
- Wolverine, arguably the single most popular X-Man who has an insane healing ability
- ... and others

I faced them, and I beat them (multiple perfect rounds along the way), with THIS GUY:

Alpha_3_Dan.PNG

Talk about the ultimate humiliation.

So I'm not sure how "having your character appear weak" is a factor, like, at all.

Make it with the original Marvel Vs Capcom/ Xmen vs Street fighter art style. Late 80’s - 90’s character and comic style

Marvel:
Spider-Man
Scarlet Witch
Adam Warlock
Thor
Silver Surfer

DC:
Batman
WonderWoman
Superman
Swamp thing
Black Adam

But there should defo be 20 on each side lol. Always wanted to see a Marvel vs Capcom vs DC game
Oh yeah. I was just thinking of a demo so it wouldn't necessarily be the full roster. But 10 is a little short so I changed it to 16.

I think Injustice had 24 characters and then it was 28 for the sequel (base characters).

Ozzie666

I don't understand this rationale.

Just last weekend, I did a quick playthrough of Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. I faced:

- Shuma-Gorath, an entity/being that can practically destroy entire galaxies with little work
- Spider-Man, one of the most powerful heroes on the Marvel side
- Apocalypse, practically immortal and one of the most powerful beings in the entire Marvel universe
- Wolverine, arguably the single most popular X-Man who has an insane healing ability
- ... and others

I faced them, and I beat them (multiple perfect rounds along the way), with THIS GUY:

Alpha_3_Dan.PNG

Talk about the ultimate humiliation.

So I'm not sure how "having your character appear weak" is a factor, like, at all.

Capcom and Marvel aren't really enemies, where as Marvel and DC are direct competitors, with a lot of bad blood. Even the Marvel and DC comic cross overs, from what I remember, went out of their way to make results very murky. I recall they had fan voting for one series. But neither company wanted to appear weak and everything was almost a wash in the end.

Maybe I'm wrong. But did MK vs DC have fatalities? I suppose in the end, if Capcom and SNK can work together, maybe anyone can. But then again SNK did get the shaft on that deal.

Krizalidx11

Banned
If the NRS game is a thing i wonder how it will work for Spiderman, if he's gonna be PS5 exclusive or multi.

Sony did the dirty with Avengers game and gave it a negative response before it came out, same might happen to this game however this one will have a lot more characters so people won't be as mad

NahaNago

Marvel would be
magneto​
wolverine​
spiderman​
deadpool​
thor​
captain america​
black panther​
iron man​

DC would be
superman​
wonderwoman​
batman​
joker​
flash​
aquaman​
green lantern​
shazam​
I hate that this list stops at only 8 for each side so I'll list a few more: Darkseid, luthor, thanos, cable, storm, cyclops, jean grey, super boy, robin, batgirl, catwoman, poison ivy, bane, doc oct, vulture, venom, gambit, jubilee, colossus, psylocke, mystique, rogue, beat, swamp thing, john constantine, cyborg, steel, kingpin, mr. freeze, slade, raven, starfire, namor, supergirl, hulk, braniac, martian manhunter, fant astic four, groot, blade, and I think that is all of the most famous ones or at least the names of the one I can remember. The guardians of the galaxy crew and the samurai that tried to kill wolverine in that movie plus the adamantium doc oc wolverine enemy, and oh yeah sabretooth. You can also use wolverine's female clone and dr. doom.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of paperwork and handshaking needed to even make this an idea in a boardroom...

OsirisBlack

Banned
Iron man
Dr Strange
Thor
Silver surfer
Wolverine
Captain america
Thanos
Dr doom

Bat man
Constantine
Superman
Wonder woman
Darkseid
Sinestro
Cyborg
Lobo

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Kinda surprised the question wasn't about the developers instead of the roster. Who would make the better fighter?

Capcom
Netherrealm
Bandai Namco
Arc System Works
Reverge
SNK
Koei Tecmo
Iron Galaxy
Sega AM2
Others?

Top Bottom