• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers - Announcement Trailer

Bullet Club

- Planned for PC, PS4, One and Stadia
- Playable in the third person
- Adventure action game with high narrative will
- Scenario necessarily unpublished
- Will still have a service game side
- Playable solo and in cooperation
- The bad guys will be revealed soon
- Five playable characters: Iron Man (Nolan North), Black Widow (Laura Bailey), Thor (Travis Willingham), Captain America (Jeff Schine) and Hulk (Troy Baker).
- No lootboxes.
- Free follow-up (new heroes, missions, areas...)
- Beta and future content exclusive to PS4
- Release date scheduled on May 15, 2020

Last edited:
when-ya-mama-dont-buy-the-name-brand-poptarts-hypun-18957001.png

They shoulda just coughed up the money for likenesses........ The movies make bajillions of dollars and I can't get Chris Hemsworth in one fucking videogame.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
If they were going to take their own spin on this I wish they would have went all out with it, not this super weird “kinda looks like the movie, but a tiny bit different”. It just feels like a weird parody.
I agree. Ugh I can already see the forced stealth Black Widow missions which are going to be garbo after being the fucking Hulk and Thor.

wzy

Astonishingly bad looking game. I assume this is separate from the Ultimate Alliance thing coming out, right? Why on Earth would you intentionally make a licensed game that looks like the Skinemax parody of the movies? Just have it be, you know, comic book inspired rather than get a bunch of knock-offs to play the movie characters.

tkscz

I'll wait on gameplay before I judge.

Astonishingly bad looking game. I assume this is separate from the Ultimate Alliance thing coming out, right? Why on Earth would you intentionally make a licensed game that looks like the Skinemax parody of the movies? Just have it be, you know, comic book inspired rather than get a bunch of knock-offs to play the movie characters.

Yeah, Ultimate Alliance 3 is a completely different game and is being published by Nintendo.

Last edited:

NahaNago

The characters looked a bit odd. I don't mind that they didn't use the movie like versions but these new versions don't look great.

When you get us used to the characters in the films for well over a decade, and then use the MCU costumes from the films but throw in cosplayer faces, it just feels off.

Exactly what I was thinking

And if they kill cap so early I’m gonna be pissed.

MastAndo

Gold Member
The Avengers movies cast have been so ingrained in us at this point, it's probably not possible for the knee-jerk reaction to anything new to feel off - still, I'm looking forward to seeing some gameplay, it could end up being a fun game.

On second watch the characters weren't so bad. Sorta generic looking but not as jarring as the first viewing.

What is jarring is hearing Nathan Drake's voice come out of Ironman Jesus's mouth.

Lilseb93

When you get us used to the characters in the films for well over a decade, and then use the MCU costumes from the films but throw in cosplayer faces, it just feels off.

Yes that's it! They are clearly using the MCU costumes, but they used totally different faces. Why not just do the comic versions instead?

Evilms

Banned
- Planned for PC, PS4, One and Stadia
- Playable in the third person
- Adventure action game with high narrative will
- Scenario necessarily unpublished
- Will still have a service game side
- Playable solo and in cooperation
- The bad guys will be revealed soon
- Five playable characters: Iron Man (Nolan North), Black Widow (Laura Bailey), Thor (Travis Willingham), Captain America (Jeff Schine) and Hulk (Troy Baker).
- No lootboxes.
- Free follow-up (new heroes, missions, areas...)
- Beta and future content exclusive to PS4
- Release date scheduled on May 15, 2020

Mista

Banned
Wasn’t digging it the whole time. Sometimes it looked decent and sometimes it looked horrible. Which is not a good indication at all

PerfectDark

Banned
The player models and everything look so odd. I call this game hot garbage. No idea why this game ads are everywhere. There is nothing good at E3. We new about Borderlands 3 way before.

2019 video games, besides BL3 there is not one worthy game worth $59.99 besides the same games that release yearly.

GermanZepp

C Mon guy's. Yes the faces looks weird but everything else looks promising. So much negativity. . And that's coming from someone who dislike avengers and Hollywood blockbusters.

Last edited:

Riven326

Banned
The player models and everything look so odd. I call this game hot garbage. No idea why this game ads are everywhere. There is nothing good at E3. We new about Borderlands 3 way before.

2019 video games, besides BL3 there is not one worthy game worth $59.99 besides the same games that release yearly.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. This industry feels like it's dying.

daveonezero

Banned
If they were going to take their own spin on this I wish they would have went all out with it, not this super weird “kinda looks like the movie, but a tiny bit different”. It just feels like a weird parody.

My thoughts exactly. Too close to make it memorable but not far enough away to make it creative..

Last edited:
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. This industry feels like it's dying.

I honestly think it's because we are in the end of the generation. E3 2020 should be a lot better....In theory.

But you also could be right.

Only the Square Enix conference was good.

mrcyn

Neo Member
Nolan North, Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are the laziest possible casting choices. They always just play themselves and their voices so recognisable that it takes me right out of the game.

cryptoadam

Banned
I honestly think it's because we are in the end of the generation. E3 2020 should be a lot better....In theory.

But you also could be right.

Only the Square Enix conference was good.

This times 100.

No one is going to relaese any big games when the new boxes are launching in 2020. And since Sony/MS aren't revealing anything outside of vague specs themselves no one is going to really push their next gen games.

The last year of a gen is not going to have huge surprise blockbuster announcements. Developers are winding down their current gen output and are moving to next gen.

Next year we will get PS5 and Scarlet blow outs and tons of new 3rd party next gen announcements. Now of course with that comes along all the BS CG and vapor ware LOL. So next year will just be arguments of if the games are really running on next gen hardware LOL.

What's messed up is Chris Evans actually voiced Cap for the Captain America:Super Soldier videogame for 360 and Hemsworth voiced Kevin for the Ghostbusters VR game based off of Ghostbusters 2016......

So it's not like some of the actors won't do videogames..... I mean Hemsworth lent his voice for a fucking budget VR game and you can't get him to do Thor again

Top Bottom