• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers - Announcement Trailer

Kagey K

Banned
The PS4 exclusive content is probably Spidey. And that's probably it.
Won’t even be.

The fact that they couldn’t say what it was, says they still don’t know how they will address it, but it seems like some really small time stuff (like bonus health potions or something) The fact that they are supposedly this far along and unsure, makes Anthems roadmap look like concrete compared to this quicksand.

If it was Spidey he would have swung across the screen and said PS4 exclusive (for 24 hours)

FranXico

Won’t even be.

The fact that they couldn’t say what it was, says they still don’t know how they will address it, but it seems like some really small time stuff (like bonus health potions or something) The fact that they are supposedly this far along and unsure, makes Anthems roadmap look like concrete compared to this quicksand.

If it was Spidey he would have swung across the screen and said PS4 exclusive (for 24 hours)
Sony probably wants the announcement for PSX.

sol_bad

I'm not sure if it's cause I'm getting older but fuck CG trailers.

I want to see what the product is. I thought we were getting gameplay today.

It's not CG and there are tiny snippets of game play in there. It's not much to go on but it's there. You can guess what kind of game it will be based on those tiny snippets. Hopefully we'll get a proper game play video during the week.

vkbest

It won’t be happening.

Marvel might be dumb, but they aren’t sucidial.

“Square Enix has also announced a partnership with PlayStation on Marvel’s Avengers, which it will share more information about—including “surprises for PlayStation players”—in the future”

It’s Spider-Man.

Kagey K

Banned

“Square Enix has also announced a partnership with PlayStation on Marvel’s Avengers, which it will share more information about—including “surprises for PlayStation players”—in the future”

It’s Spider-Man.
It’s not. If anything it’s a costume for spider-man, if you read what I posted above, which you obviously didn’t.

I think it will actually be less then that. Like potions or dyes for characters.

Perhaps you should try reading the entire thread next time instead of jumping off on the last post.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

It’s Spider-Man.
It's not. If that were the case he wouldn't show up in any other console in other games. Hell, he's one of the characters at the forefront of Ultimate Alliance 3.

Last edited:

20cent

Banned
I understand that having the MCU actors would be impossible or too expensive, but they should still scan / mocap real people because they all look really bad (except Bruce Banner). As someone said, like early 2010's RPG NPCs

TeamGhobad

Banned
why did they have to make her so ugly?

Screen-Shot-2019-06-11-at-10-11-41.png

Third person
Single player story driven campaign.
Separate multiplayer with free future content.
Black Widow stealth sections.
PS4 Spidey probably being added.

Yep this is my most anticipated game right now. Hyped as fuck.

ruvikx

Banned
This is from a videogame that's 10 years old.

I'm sorry but what they showed what was primarily a cutscene with no gameplay so it's perfectly fair for them to get roasted for it based on what was shown.

Also I need to reinstall Arkham Asylum and City tonight............

Those Arkham games did everything right. No bullshit, no online crap, just straight-up single player action adventure epicness.

When you get us used to the characters in the films for well over a decade, and then use the MCU costumes from the films but throw in cosplayer faces, it just feels off.

Rocksteady's Batman games are once again the example to follow: they combined the visual style of the animated series, Tim Burton's movies & the Joel Schumacher neon Gotham... at a time when Nolan's trilogy was dominating the box office with its gritty realism. The games didn't look like the Dark Knight trilogy at all (except one of Arkham Knight's batsuits). What we see here is a literal recreation of the MCU movie style in a video game, with some (ugly) freaks pretending to be the Avengers. They could (& should) have at least changed the artsyle a bit & added a different identity to the visuals.

plushyp

Echoing what others have said, these Avengers don't even look like their comic counterparts. This reminds me of Mary Jane from Insomniac's Spider-Man who looks like a completely different person.

sol_bad

What I find really weird about this is the fact that Hawkeye is missing. I know it's not MCU based or related but they have 5 out of the 6 originals. You'd think they'd at least put those original 6 in there.

I personally would want a fuck tonne more than 5 characters, the Avengers comics always have 8+ characters in a team.

*EDIT*
Just watched the Square Enix conference, why the fuck did no one mention that Ant-Man was in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I don't care about no MCU likenesses, but these just look bad. Black Widow is at least supposed to look like an attractive woman.

Couldn't even show gameplay? Is this going to be like Destiny or something?

Last edited:

Lastyou1

Banned
I love what we were shown.

Single player? Yes

No pay2win and other GaaS stuff? Bullet avoided, hell yes.

Not a fan of the character designs, but multiple costumes have been confirmed.

Silentium

Not sure what I was expecting but it seems a little 'low rent' Avengers. Could just be that the last Marvel content I consumed was the amazing Endgame

mcz117chief

Iron Man looks like DSP
Oh my LORD! He really does! Some people said Angry Joe which I can see a bit but I know it reminded me of someone else. The worst thing about it is that I can't get DSP out of my head today and it started shortly after seeing this thread. Subconscious at its finest (or worst).

Verdanth

Black window looks like the chick thats always with Fury.

Glad my favourite avenger has his own game. Keep it that way, Spidey.

D.Final

Banned
The movie trailers are beautiful.
Now I look forward to the in-depth gameplay trailers during this week of E3.

Because the project, as presented, is rather epic.
And even the possibility of being able to play the story, in single player, using Hulk to smash everything, excites me a lot.

VulcanRaven

Great trailer but the character designs are not very good. Also Iron Man's armor could be better. I hope they give us many alternate costumes from comics and movies.

Last edited:
It won’t be happening.

Marvel might be dumb, but they aren’t sucidial.

Disney backed Marvel gave Sony a PS4 Spidey exclusive. They also saved Spidey movies by making him part of the MCU in a deal that heavily favored Sony.

Pre Disney Marvel is as suicidal as it gets by giving the license to all their characters away for pennies on the dime in perpetuity.

Top Bottom