• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers - Announcement Trailer

Shakka43

While the reveal trailer was a little underwhelming I still
shes ugly. this is her voice actor:

MV5BNTg0YTkxNGEtNjM2YS00NzYwLWIwMDktYmMzMzE0NTRiZDQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg
But she's already on inFAMOUS, would be weird to see Fetch without her neon powers lol.
Anyway Scarlett Witch should had been the playable female instead.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Fans of the movies clinging to the past need to GTFO out here this game will be a BANGER

Wtf are you talking about? People like me are saying it looks BAD because it’s trying to look like the movies, we DONT want it to be like the movies, we want it to be it’s own thing. Instead it looks like a parody/cosplay of the movies. Like a fake licensed game.

Also they made CAP look fat. How or why would you do that?

Last edited:

DonF

I hated the character design. Capt looks like GuyMan, the most generic dude with an armor. Tony Stark is DudeBro, facial hair man, Thor's suit is a disgrace and Widow is ugly AF, her hair looks like it doesn't belong.

Also, no gameplay, no hype.

Helios

Kill it with fire
Speaking on the E3 Coliseum livestream, Meagan Marie, senior community manager at developer Crystal Dynamics, told fans that the world of the game “is going to keep expanding. We have narrative that’s going to be delivered over multiple years with regular content drops.” There’s no word on how many years, or how regular those new stories will be, but that’s still quite a statement.
But based on that information, what type of game does that mean we’ll be playing? When the on-stage panel was asked whether The Avengers was a live service game, after some initial uncertainty, lead combat designer Vincent Napoli said that while “it is a live service, but it’s so narrative-focused that there isn’t a game you can point to and say ‘it’s like this thing’.”

Nickolaidas

Banned
I find the character designs quite similar to ps4's spider-man. Widow especially looks just as plain looking as Mary Jane did.

They don't look like the comics, they don't look like the movies. They're not attractive, but they're not repulsive either.

They are just ... plain.

Action is another story, though. Looks badass.

Ol'Scratch

I expected alot worse considering all of the hate and shit. I am glad that they did not use the MCU faces as I am fucking sick of everything being changed to match them. As far as not looking like the comic books who can say that when every character is drawn by a different artist every six weeks and looks totally different. Sometimes great sometimes not great. The gameplay and story to me are what matter as well as the visuals as a whole, and this game seems to do alright so far so I will keep my eyes on it.

Evilms

Banned
Some additional information :

• There will be an operations base.
  • Each of the five characters will have their own skill tree.
  • The trees in question will be free enough to push their hero in a specific direction according to your desire to play.
  • It will be possible to customize the equipment but also the costumes.
  • The missions are designed to have a very good replay-value, especially by the style of each hero (you will not experience the same mission depending on whether you choose a character on the ground or one who flies).
  • The game will continue to improve graphically until release.
  • No, it's not a real open world. The developers preferred to choose a set of zones in order to push the variety.
  • This choice will help them in the follow-up since it will be easier to add new zones (free of charge we call back) in addition to new heroes, including Ant-Man.

I think that thery are doing the same mistake of DC Movies. They are pushing too early for the team up.
Maybe single games on some heroes first would be a better idea, just like MCU did
For a "Marvel Gaming Universe" starting with Avengers (and Spiderman, but ok) is... uhm.

Chara design aren't really my cup of tea, they look generic but similar to the movies in a way that they seems a cheap version of the original actors. Also... little heads. Yeah, I know, thank me later for ruining you the characters ahah.
Thor that fly and stops mid air is really, really bad.
Hulk is fine I guess.
Iron man suit is good, but they are pushing too much to mimic Robert Downey Jr.
Black Widow is... eh, I guess they really like big jaws on women in this time and age.

Last edited:
Edit: messed up with edits, sorry for double posting
What's messed up is Chris Evans actually voiced Cap for the Captain America:Super Soldier videogame for 360 and Hemsworth voiced Kevin for the Ghostbusters VR game based off of Ghostbusters 2016......

So it's not like some of the actors won't do videogames..... I mean Hemsworth lent his voice for a fucking budget VR game and you can't get him to do Thor again
This is not a movie tie in, having original movie actors would be incredibly bad since the game already look a cheap b-version of the movies.
It would be more hilarious than good having Evans dub that GenericDude

Last edited:
Spiderman designs were hit and miss, but none were as bad as all of these are.

Thor, Cap and Black Widow are the worst. Bad Cosplay tier costumes with generic faces for the guys and Black Widow really should be renamed to Bloke Widow with that man face they gave her.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
While the reveal trailer was a little underwhelming I still
But she's already on inFAMOUS, would be weird to see Fetch without her neon powers lol.
Anyway Scarlett Witch should had been the playable female instead.
Agreed. Black Widow is such a lame super hero.

Dynasty8

Apparently they'll show gameplay footage behind closed doors. Don't know what they're trying to hide, just show what the game looks like in action (even if it's in early build).

ruvikx

Banned
Some additional information :

• There will be an operations base.
  • Each of the five characters will have their own skill tree.
  • The trees in question will be free enough to push their hero in a specific direction according to your desire to play.
  • It will be possible to customize the equipment but also the costumes.
  • The missions are designed to have a very good replay-value, especially by the style of each hero (you will not experience the same mission depending on whether you choose a character on the ground or one who flies).
  • The game will continue to improve graphically until release.
  • No, it's not a real open world. The developers preferred to choose a set of zones in order to push the variety.
  • This choice will help them in the follow-up since it will be easier to add new zones (free of charge we call back) in addition to new heroes, including Ant-Man.

It's like they're being deliberately cagey about the game as a service aspect (Mission "replay-value""? Really? Is this code language for "it's like Destiny but we don't want to say it is"?). I have no idea how or why people can even be enthusiastic for this thing considering no gameplay was shown & movie license video game adaptations rarely work. Batman Arkham series is an exception to the rule (I haven't played Spiderman but it's apparently okay).

If they throw a wannabe Anthem style game into the mix, hold onto your butts.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Laymen Gaming went and saw the behind closed doors demo despite some misgivings beforehand and we're very positive about what they saw: -

D.Final

Banned
I saw the offscreen gameplay, and from what I've seen, the game has a really epic gameplay.
Worthy of today's great productions like God of War, Uncharted, and Spiderman.

Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Siri

Banned
I consider myself to be a hard core gamer, yet this game is only entering my radar now. This is actually kind of cool.... because I only have a month to wait if I’m going to buy this. LOL.

So this is what Eidos Montreal has been up to - the guys who developed Deus Ex? I need to keep an eye on this.

Top Bottom