• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers Kamala Khan Embiggen Trailer - NYCC 2019

ManaByte

Gold Member
If it's not Marvel Studios, it's not canon and not in the MCU to me. Marvel TV should go ahead and do top level short and long form animation and close a gap that Marvel Entertainment has as a company.

That's exactly what's happening. The dumb Helstrom Hulu series will likely be the last live-action thing Loeb's side will do. And there are rumors Loeb is retiring next year.

Variety even ran a thing last week about Marvel TV ditching live-action:

I know people who work for Marvel Television and it seems like they're more involved with the Disney+ stuff now than the Loeb series.

Last edited:
That's exactly what's happening. The dumb Helstrom Hulu series will likely be the last live-action thing Loeb's side will do. And there are rumors Loeb is retiring next year.

Variety even ran a thing last week about Marvel TV ditching live-action:

I know people who work for Marvel Television and it seems like they're more involved with the Disney+ stuff now than the Loeb series.

If what you are saying is true then Marvel will still have a gap in Animation, both in short form and long form.

Marvel "TV" being under Marvel Studios is a good thing and it could help keep the quality we expect while pushing more products out (i.e. Disney+ shows and I assume mature shows under a "Marvel Knights" label on Hulu and R rated movies), but Marvel will still have a glaring gap when they could really have a presence everywhere.

Comics - 'nuff said
MCU - 'nuff said
Toys and merch - could be bigger, like SW, but getting bigger for sure
Theme Parks - coming everywhere except Orlando due to existing contracts
Gaming - There is a possibility Marvel Games could be doing something huge here a la MCU if Avengers and other main games are in Earth 1048 and connected to Spider man PS4. Even if it isn't the quality of the games have gone significantly up. DC started it with Batman and Marvel has joined in the fun
Animation - Still leaves a lot to be desired. Way behind DC. Marvel TV could be creating 30 min show and movies straight to Disney+ and Hulu. Could be its own connected universe or not, but the quality would be way better.

Ixiah

Banned
Great, a "Hero" whos Superpower are:
She´s Muslim
Big Hands
She´s Muslim
Did you know shes a Muslim ?
Also a Stromtrooper who adores Cap.Hitler, i mean Marvel.
Sees nothing wrong with kicking down Doors and arresting People without Warrant, for Crimes they havent Commited yet, Minority Report Style.
No realy, she´s Muslim!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:
so the game's narrative will not focus around on one hero, but plethora of heroes right? Hope they have some surprises in the game and haven't completely revealed the entire character playable list

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hey you know all these great characters you play as in the opening? Well guess what?!?!? You don't get to play as them the rest of the game. Instead play as captain Marvel!

....wait 1 sec.

Sorry, correction. You get to play as Ms. Marvel!!!

Isn't that fantastic? The non-militant feminist version of Carol Danvers in a sexy leotard!!!!

.... wait 1 sec.

Sorry another correction. You get to play as Ms. Marvel!!! The 15 year old Muslim Mr. Fantastic ripoff who is totally not a complete pander job. You will love learning about the struggles of an islamic girl with amazing powers stolen from a much more successful male character that many people love dearly. Don't forget she is an inhuman, aka shitty xmen ripoffs nobody cares about, and kicks total ass!

You are going to have fun beating back the alt right patriarchy as the amazing Muslim Marvel right?

Right?

Read a comic book you uninformed water head. I would say she is more of a AoA Morph RIP off than a Mr. Fantastic.

She is a complete metamorph akin to Mystique. I saw she is like AoA Morph because we saw him do a lot of the stretchy stuff too. Also she has regen powers

Last edited:

Clinton514

I hope she's not that much of a major part of the main story as this trailer is making her out to be. She's a corny character IMO.

Fbh

I hope she's not that much of a major part of the main story as this trailer is making her out to be. She's a corny character IMO.

From one of the articles posted above:

Not only is she playable, but she's also the main point of view character as players make their way through the game, and will be the main catalyst to brig the Avengers back together.

So yeah, sounds like she isn't just a big part of the story but the way they describe it she might even be considered the main character.

Pretty underwhelming to be honest. I don't really care that she is female or muslim (as long as that's not a core part of her story/personality), but as a very casual Marvel fan I was hoping the focus would be put on more of the bigger characters than one I've personally never heard about and seems to have the lamest superpower ever.

Jooxed

Gold Member
From one of the articles posted above:

So yeah, sounds like she isn't just a big part of the story but the way they describe it she might even be considered the main character.

Pretty underwhelming to be honest. I don't really care that she is female or muslim (as long as that's not a core part of her story/personality), but as a very casual Marvel fan I was hoping the focus would be put on more of the bigger characters than one I've personally never heard about and seems to have the lamest superpower ever.

Moderate thread derail... I am hoping for a W101 Switch Port because I never got to experience it.. worth it in your opinion? I've seen mixed opinions

Fbh

Moderate thread derail... I am hoping for a W101 Switch Port because I never got to experience it.. worth it in your opinion? I've seen mixed opinions
LOL well at least they are sort of superheroes so let's say it's related.

I love the game but it definitely has some obvious flaws and it's not for everyone. Ultimately I think your enjoyment will depend on how much you like silly over the top japanese stuff like super sentai or gurren lagann, because the game is both a love letter and a parody of it all. It will also depend on whether you are willing to invest some time into learning how to play and get the most out of the gameplay because the game does a terrible job at teaching you.

For me the gameplay is pretty good but what makes it stand out is stuff like it having a silly theme song playing in the background during the first level, or all the wonderful 101 you can find like "Wonder Beer" who is from Germany and looks like a beer or "Wonder PC" who is just a dude cosplaying as a PC (and using a wired mouse as a whip), and how towards the end the scale of the conflict grows to ridiculous proportions, or all the self referential Platinum stuff, etc

Top Bottom