• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels Avengers now has more players than Outriders on Steam. - Paul Tassi / Forbes contributor

Bryank75

Banned
'On weekdays before the free-to-play weekend, Avengers was averaging maybe 500-700 players. On weekends, 700-800.

On weekdays this past week after the free-to-player period ended, Avengers was averaging more like 1800-1900 players at peak. On weekends, like the one that just ended, more like 2000-2150.

Again, these are not amazing numbers and the 2x gains are based on originally low figures, but it’s enough where I noticed it, and actually, it’s now juuust outperforming Outriders, a rival loot-based game which debuted much larger on Steam with 125,000 peak players at launch compared to Avengers 28,000. And it was out just a few months ago, while Avengers is approaching its year anniversary.'

ManaByte

Gold Member
Honestly if you're fine with Marvel Destiny the game isn't that bad.

People had different expectations for it. They wanted it to be Insomniac's Spider-Man but with the Avengers.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Loved Outriders. Such a great looter shooter. As for Avengers, I played a few hours and once the loot system kicked in, game went downhill and I sent that shit back to GameFly. It should have been a straight forward game instead of loot based. It just doesn't fit because they're The Avengers. They don't need better loot. lol

Of course, the Black Panther expansion is going to give Avengers a boost. Once Outriders gets new content in 2022, Avengers will be once again non-existent.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Kagey K

Banned

People had different expectations for it. They wanted it to be Insomniac's Spider-Man but with the Avengers.
My main problem with it is that they want you to grind to get better gear, but there’s not, (or at least wasnt) any incentive or content that made it worth grinding for that gear.

Last edited:

hlm666

steam top 100 bottoms at out 9k so i couldn't even check easily what other crap these glorious gaming master pieces are duking it out with.

Must be a slow news day.

The fact that it is coming off a F2P event, has another event going on right now, and is about to launch a free Wakanda expansion, and is still just barely edging a non-GaaS game in Outriders, says all you need to know about this doodoo game.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
What happend to the spiderman Dlc??

Was canceled?
No, I think they're contractually obligated to deliver it to the Playstation consoles. Just more that their entire roadmap got shot all to hell when they released it in terrible shape and were hemorrhaging players.

Mossybrew

Was there any content added to Outriders since launch? It’s a much, much better game than Avengers but I ran out of things to do after finishing the main story.

Yeah, I liked the game enough to level three of the classes through the story. But endgame just starts feeling super repetitive very quickly. It's just not that fun.

Azurro

Banned

That's what I expected as well. Then the only single player footage I saw made it look like the campaign was all about the Muslim girl superhero, so I dismissed it as I have zero interest in that character, and just as much interest in any GaaS.

Last edited:
To be fair I thought the idea of Outriders was that despite being online and having loot it wasn't really a live service. It was more of a "one and done" deal with no new content or battle passes on the way.
So it makes sense it wouldn't have long legs.
This. Outriders was a pretty decent game and me and my friends really enjoyed it. Once we completed it though we were done

junguler

Banned
i'm curios about both these games but i think they have to go free 2 play if they want any chance of surviving on this overcrowded market. there is no reason to buy these at this point and the window of going free 2 play is closing fast too. games like battleborn or evolve did it very late for example and there was no coming back at that point.

edit: well it seems i had forgotten outsiders was not a gaas game and didn't sell any dlc or microtransactions at all, ignore the part about outsiders going free 2 play.

Last edited:
well welll well. how the turn tables.

When Outriders came out u couldn't go to any Avengers thing without a bunch of ppl yelling how Outriders is gonna kill Avengers. First off Avengers doesn't need help dying. It can kill itself just fine.

zeorhymer

I'd really like to play Outriders, but having it disconnect me every 30-50 minutes or so pisses me off so much. Can't even join mp games without being kicked back to the main screen.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I beat the game and saw what I needed from end-game. 70 hours and I'm done. This. . .really shouldn't be a surprise should it?

Top Bottom