• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Secret Wars Hype Thread - Where we argue about what "reboot" means

Mudcrab

So guys,
if this is "the final incursion", does this mean there's only 616 and Ultimate left? Because it seems there should be way more for Secret Wars, after this whole talk about Battleworld etc. I'm confused.

It goes like this: Secret Wars 0, Ultimate End, and Secret Wars 1 are all about the final Incursion between 616 and 1610. Secret Wars 2 is when Battleworld comes into play (Hickman says everything will make sense after reading SW 2.)

the champions meet in the incursionbowl. which the ultimate needs infinite helicarrier drops to even the odds

It looks slightly unfair from this Secret Wars 0 spoiler page.

I wouldn't read too much into that panel. Until we get explicitly different information, I'll chalk it up to an art inconsistency.

so it's pretty much confirmed that

Doom is Rabum Alal/Great Destroyer and he creates Battleworld?
The first part is 100% confirmed in New Avengers. The second is anyone's guess.

one thing though

why did MM choose Doom for this over Reed, Tony, Hank, T'challa etc. etc. of all people why Victor

you don't remember how those punks were gonna let everyone die because they didn't have the balls to blow up a planet?

Dr.Doom is as smart as any of them but with the drive to do what needs to be done at any cost.

you don't remember how those punks were gonna let everyone die because they didn't have the balls to blow up a planet?

Dr.Doom is as smart as any of them but with the drive to do what needs to be done at any cost.

Plus, y'know, being the best guy available for all of your 616 time travelling needs.

im still confused why MM choose Doom for this

i get it that Doom is the absolute best when it comes to both "science and magic"

i know reed is limited towards science,

but what about guys like T'challa? he's a polymath, couldn't he of been a choice or is he not on Doom's level or something?

why was Victor chosen for this?

Mudcrab

i get it that Doom is the absolute best when it comes to both "science and magic"

but what about guys like T'challa? he's a polymath, couldn't he of been a choice or is he not on Doom's level or something?

A unique combination of Science and Magic mastery combined with being the leading mind in time travel and willingness to do dirty work.

That machine/platform he builds at MM's request is very important to the process.

This is why no Illuminati except Namor would have worked.

This nails why Doom was better suited than anyone else.

Edit: sorry for being lazy but here's what I wrote about Doom in the Hickman thread:

It seemed pretty natural to me as such a plan would require a very particular kind of anti-hero: someone who could spend 25 years killing Molecule Men and destroying countless universes, all for the greater good, someone who could form a cult and lead it to further these goals and someone who could ultimately stand up to the Beyonders. All that without relishing nor flinching at the horror of it all.

Honestly, besides Doom, the only other person who'd fit the bill I can think of is Immortus/Kang. Except Doom is the one who came across Mapmakers and decided to study whatever was going on. Plus, Doom is a scientist and a Sorcerer, which is necessary to enact the plan (leading a cult and understanding the cosmic scale).
(Spoilered because it pretty much gives away NA #33)

A unique combination of Science and Magic mastery combined with being the leading mind in time travel and willingness to do dirty work.

That machine/platform he builds at MM's request is very important to the process.

that makes sense..plus Is T'challa, Hank, Tony, or Reed even on Doom's level intellectually?

Tendo

OMG.

OMG.

Can't wait to reread. That was insane! The final few pages left me with goosebumps. A little bioshock infinite in there with
Reed losing his finger tips in the shield after failing to save them

Top Bottom