• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels spider-man 2 graphics disappointed

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
That spiderman movie suit looks way better than their own suits in the game. I thought that shot was from the movie lol.

I took my own shot back in the day. looks amazing even on the PS4.

DzLE4XQX4AATF9G

i have no idea how people can look at that awful venom suit and think this looks a generation ahead. Even the miles suit in Spiderman Miles look better than these ones.

Emwk-GJXcAQKek3
Yeah it really looks nothing like that in the game, i also took some shots back in the day on my PS4Pro and it looked like this
Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20181225042305.png

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20181229060433.png

I've never had a ps4 pro so I had to search on YouTube. The screenshots do not look different from the game sans blurring effects, which I actually think takes away from the image.

Bruh come on look up lol, and they are all from photomode

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Yeah it really looks nothing like that in the game, i also took some shots back in the day on my PS4Pro and it looked like this

Maybe I don't understand your definition of bullshot. One thing I knew to look for in your photos, particularly last 2, were the textures and shading of the standard spidey suit. I knew immediately it was from the non remastered game because of the texture inferiority and ugly, orange like tone. As far as geometry, i am aware that insomniac no longer uses different in game models for cutscene vs gameplay since miles morales but even here, i do not see any uplift in character geometry. Also be aware that photo mode is still being rendered on the gpu in real time.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Nobody in here is saying its the next coming of jesus in graphics, but it also does not mean it looks bad, I don't have to agree to a bad opinion, you earn respect you don't just get it
It straight up looks like a PS4 game. It does look bad. Just admit it.
Those are bullshots man, Insomniac always show some high quality enhanced bullshots with added effects.

This was there PS4 Pro shots for the OG game lol
Du1qOSmXgAAPVQD

spider-man-ps4-preview-glass_grym.jpg

spider_man_ps4_web.jpg
When the PS4 PRO bullshots look a generation ahead of the PS5 Bullshots... You know they done FUCKED up. Wow.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Maybe I don't understand your definition of bullshot. One thing I knew to look for in your photos, particularly last 2, were the textures and shading of the standard spidey suit. I knew immediately it was from the non remastered game because of the texture inferiority and ugly, orange like tone. As far as geometry, i am aware that insomniac no longer uses different in game models for cutscene vs gameplay since miles morales but even here, i do not see any uplift in character geometry. Also be aware that photo mode is still being rendered on the gpu in real time.
Just look at the Rami suite, don't you see the difference in quality vs the real game. And also look at the webshooters and the quality of the motion blur on them which is not even in the games photomode. They enhanced the fuck out of those shots as always and they are not a good indication of how the games gonna look.

John Wick

It straight up looks like a PS4 game. It does look bad. Just admit it.

When the PS4 PRO bullshots look a generation ahead of the PS5 Bullshots... You know they done FUCKED up. Wow.
You haven't even seen the final game but where shown an unknown build of a game still in development, yet they fucked up? I mean are you really that stupid some of you? It's been stated by various developers that the spit and polish happens in the final months of development. The game will look and perform better.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
PS4 Bullshot
Du1qOSmXgAAPVQD

Real PS5.
17.jpg

Insomniac cannot be trusted anymore until the game comes out and I judge for myself. Im not listening to anything they say about "early build".

This is egregious.

I dare anyone to look at these shots and say they can trust this developer.

Talent has left the studio.

Last edited:

Msamy

You haven't even seen the final game but where shown an unknown build of a game still in development, yet they fucked up? I mean are you really that stupid some of you? It's been stated by various developers that the spit and polish happens in the final months of development. The qgame will look and perform better.
I keep saying if the final build looks better I will be happy but currently I am not

John Wick

I am the one who make this thears so please get your shit out of here
You made this thread to complain about a game still in development. Why don't you save yourself from being embarrassed and wait till the actual game comes out then cry like a bitch?
Save yourself some further embarrassment by not comparing it to an on rails demo. There is a huge difference between unreal engine demos and actual shipped games.

Mr Moose

Easy I want game that looks close to this in lighting , textures, character models
DncaBsJ.jpg
zoZx9QF.jpg
tWdQPmf.jpg
not game that looks like this shit
qJagx5G.jpg
4GbiMjQ.jpg
YB2Xl1q.jpg
ZqTmYit.jpg
tphkYln.jpg
That's different art direction and not "next gen", Horizon is at its base a PS4 game.
Look at what Naughty Dog did with TLoU 2 on PS4, the models look really good.
You can like one art style more than the other, that's fine.
Spider-Man on PS4 looks Amazing Spider-Man imo.

John Wick

No one want next gen generation graphics in switch , also you either don't read the theard title or come to here to talk just bullshit
So why aren't you gaming on PC exclusively? It has the best and next gen graphics. Why are you wasting everyone's time about SM2 and PS5? You should have a 4090 PC.

midnightAI

Imagine taking the time out of your day to create this cringe image and post it....
With that, this thread is going on ignore.
It's probably for the best, the hyperbole in here is off the chart, (guessing mods are having a day off with some of the warring going on)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Needs hero lighting. Thats what is making the suit pop in cutscenes. The silver linings are glowing/reflecting in cutscenes only.

Crazy that Horizon came out over a year ago, and ND, SSM, and Insomniac are sleeping on this. GOW looks more or less fine without hero lighting but TLOU looks straight up bad in some areas where characters kind of blend in to the environments despite them supposedly using cutscene quality character models.

FbvraeXWQAAgsY3

hyperbertha

Are you stupid? Watch Dogs reveal was clearly proven to not be real gameplay even though it looked like gameplay. It's not my fault you believe those initial reveals were gameplay of those systems when it clearly wasn't
Ok I get it. You got your ass whooped due to your outlandish claim that those games weren't real gameplay, and now resort to trolling to ignore the fact that you just turned into a laughing stock.
Here this everyone, mister John wick thinks the ghost of tsushima and tlou 2 gameplay demos were not real gameplay. Just in engine trailers like the Spiderman teaser. :pie_roffles:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Fucking let the devs figure it out. Whatever next gen gameplay is, it's not the exact same as previous gen gameplay. Nuff said.
I’m not the one asking for next gen gameplay. That person and several others are. So, I ask again since I have yet to get an answer.

What constitutes next gen gameplay?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I didn't tell you were and you just ignored my answer.
Because that’s a non answer for those demanding it in here.

If you demand something, you should be able to describe what it is that you’re demanding. Otherwise, you’re pissing in the wind and complaining just to complain.

And it goes back to what has been said by many as well, people don’t even know what they want. But they sure want it.

hyperbertha

Because that’s a non answer for those demanding it in here.

If you demand something, you should be able to describe what it is that you’re demanding. Otherwise, you’re pissing in the wind and complaining just to complain.

And it goes back to what has been said by many as well, people don’t even know what they want. But they sure want it.
So we are expected to be game designers now? Sorry that's the game devs job. Their job to wow us the same way gta 4 wowed us coming from San Andreas. Same way Spiderman 2 on PS2 wowed us coming from Spiderman on ps1.

Why do people completely ignore developers to replace it with their own reality? What drive is the person using in this video, what RAM does the person have?

If you actually care about the tecnology and want to be informed just watch an actual developer providing information on it. You can see Spiderman 1s streaming budget and speed was set by the hard drive speed, you can compensate with RAM by loading tiles ahead but don't assume your streaming speed has nothing to do with what's possible:

The same way game devs say "This is impossisble!" or "This will take an inhuman level of work to do!".. and modders do it in 24 hours?

All I'm going by is the actual facts. Simply download the Mod and run Spiderman on your PC with a hard-drive and you will have all your answers.

The facts are this generation bs theory that "This could only be done with a superfast SSD and I/O" is pure lies.
Most of the time the SSD/IO isn't even being used.

Three

Just look at the Rami suite, don't you see the difference in quality vs the real game. And also look at the webshooters and the quality of the motion blur on them which is not even in the games photomode. They enhanced the fuck out of those shots as always and they are not a good indication of how the games gonna look.
Those are loading screen shots like this

The same way game devs say "This is impossisble!" or "This will take an inhuman level of work to do!".. and modders do it in 24 hours?

All I'm going by is the actual facts. Simply download the Mod and run Spiderman on your PC with a hard-drive and you will have all your answers.

The facts are this generation bs theory that "This could only be done with a superfast SSD and I/O" is pure lies.
Most of the time the SSD/IO isn't even being used.
Devs don't need to sell crap to other devs. Just watch the GDC video.

What are the facts? The game Spiderman 1 was built with streaming budgets designed around a HDD. I have no idea what speed HDD or other specs that mod video is based on but you can see him/her breaking the streaming by setting movement speed high enough that it not only fails to keep up streaming higher quality textures but meshes for collision detection and breaks the game on whatever his/her drive/SSD speed is.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Remember when you seen HFW and were complaining about how shit it looked while in development??? It's crossgen...........
Don't learn eh?
No idea what you are talking about. Horizon got a downgrade from its original teaser and even its gameplay reveal trailer. I was the only one pointing this out too. Odd that you chose HFW as the game that looked BETTER at launch when it looked worse than both the teaser and gameplay reveal.

Original reveal teaser:

Gameplay reveal trailer:

Msamy

You made this thread to complain about a game still in development. Why don't you save yourself from being embarrassed and wait till the actual game comes out then cry like a bitch?
Save yourself some further embarrassment by not comparing it to an on rails demo. There is a huge difference between unreal engine demos and actual shipped games.
I am not the one who embarrassed , that's clearly you

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You guys come here trying to convince us that this shit showcase looks good , easily you cannot do that , this showcase is far away from being next gen graphics
Where have I been trying to convince anyone that it looks good? It’s all subjective.

What I’m asking, is for people to describe what they claim they want. Most don’t even know what they want. But they sure do want it.

Next-gen graphics and next-gen gameplay. Describe. You don’t need to be a game designer to describe them anymore than you need to be to criticize them.

That’s the ironic part of the person I quoted.

Last edited:

Msamy

Where have I been trying to convince anyone that it looks good? It’s all subjective.

What I’m asking, is for people to describe what they claim they want. Most don’t even know what they want. But they sure do want it.
That's not me I clearly know what I want and that's what make dissapointed about that showcase, that said if the game will end looking good I will be happy

Top Bottom