• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels spider-man 2 graphics disappointed

Justin9mm

OP not watched in 4K..

The game legit looks better than Spider Man.. Seriously, what were you expecting, this game is open world with intense fluid combat. People always watch these showcases in 1080p stream and then say graphics are underwhelming lol

Justin9mm

Felt like I am looking at a Saints Row 3 Remaster, just with way worse gameplay and stuff. I played Miles Morales, it was fun to swing, but this didn't really interest me, because of how it was presented as this ultra-cinematic heavy game.
Saints Row 3 remaster, that's a bit far fetched!

The swinging in the gameplay was the same as Miles Morales, even faster paced. Miles Morales and Spider Man play out the same way with cinematics, there was good combat gameplay shown. When it gets rave reviews, and the game is legit good, you will have egg on your face because I saw how good it was and how it improved from the previous.

Msamy

If it was easy every game would look like those.

Apparently isn't.
This sony first tier developer which can easily reach this quality ,and if they don't, this will only mean that there are something wrong with them or sony

Mr.Phoenix

Neither gameplay or graphics looks next gen to all they shown is possible in ps4 aside from fast loading
Hate to break it to you... there is nothing we will see this gen, that on some level or in some way, cannot be done on PS4. Be it that it runs at 360p and then reconstructed, or they strip out IQ features and geometry.. they can get itto run if they really wanted to_Only thing that may be impossible to do are things where the use of the SSD directly impacts the gameplay or mechanics.

Msamy

OP not watched in 4K..

The game legit looks better than Spider Man.. Seriously, what were you expecting, this game is open world with intense fluid combat. People always watch these showcases in 1080p stream and then say graphics are underwhelming lol
I am tired of this , I watched thqt 4k trailer 3 times trying to see something special or something can't be achieved in ps4 and I specified what this game should look like in comment above with gameplay pictures from other open world games like hfw burning shores.

CGNoire

Droped by era for a second...Holyfuck is that site well aquainted to bending reality to make themselves feel better.

There isnt enough Crows in North America to feed those in need in that thread alone.

Last edited:

Msamy

Hate to break it to you... there is nothing we will see this gen, that on some level or in some way, cannot be done on PS4. Be it that it runs at 360p and then reconstructed, or they strip out IQ features and geometry.. they can get itto run if they really wanted to_Only thing that may be impossible to do are things where the use of the SSD directly impacts the gameplay or mechanics.
Really !!! did you know game which it's name horizon forbidden west or game called star wars jedi survivor go watch them before saying comments like this

DaGwaphics

To me it looked good. I'm not even bothered by the QTE nature of what they showed (as GHG GHG mentioned). I think that is them just trying to put a cinematic game play trailer together that included some of the bosses, which were somewhat QTE focused in the original game.

They very well could be maxing out the console here depending on what their goals are. Maybe they want 60fps, maybe they want perfect frametimes without drops etc. Those type of things will effect the final look. Could you do more beautiful water, sure, but then you might end up at 15fps when you fall into it by mistake. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Justin9mm

I am tired of this , I watched thqt 4k trailer 3 times trying to see something special or something can't be achieved in ps4 and I specified what this game should look like in comment above with gameplay pictures from other open world games like hfw burning shores.
And I'm tired of people who can't see the technical gameplay being improved and have no knowledge of how game development works. I can see a lot that PS4 would struggle to handle. HFW doesn't have the fast-paced technical combat gameplay that this has in a 3D open world mind you. You seriously comparing HFW or HFW burning shores lol

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Really !!! did you know game which it's name horizon forbidden west or game called star wars jedi survivor go watch them before saying comments like this
81WLMsIZF5L._AC_SY500_.jpg

Really sorry to wake you up. Didnt know you were in so deep.

And if you look at SW.S and think for one second that games performance has ANYTHING to do with its technical demands or next genness, then you are more lost than I feared. We have PS4 games that even look better than it.

I will say it again, there is nothing we will see this gen, that cant in some shape manner or form, be made to run on the PS4. It may be 5 times harder to do,it may come out running at 360p... its loading times may take 2mins... but its possible.

Msamy

And I'm tired of people who can't see the technical gameplay being improved and have no knowledge of how game development works. I can see a lot that PS4 would struggle to handle. HFW doesn't have the fast-paced technical combat gameplay that this has in a 3D open world mind you. You seriously comparing HFW or HFW burning shores lol
Sadly i am not the one who don't know how the development work , and by the way hfw have many set pieces with gameplay better than this shit , go watch or play them first please before talking like this , and I also don't see any generational gameplay leap over spiderman 2018

DaGwaphics

I will say it again, there is nothing we will see this gen, that cant in some shape manner or form, be made to run on the PS4. It may be 5 times harder to do,it may come out running at 360p... its loading times may take 2mins... but its possible.

That's my general opinion of it as well. The only thing that might break that logic is some kind of super fast movement (flying, a beatem up happening on the top of a moving bullet train, etc.) where maybe the SSD and CPU difference could fundamentally change what can be done. Fancy effects like RT and particles and things could just be reverted back to more traditional techniques. From a pure visual standpoint I think even the X1 GPU moved passed the point of the technical limits of the GPU altering the game design.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Seems there's a sizeable amount of people who's enjoyment of a video game is now tied to how "next gen" the graphics look. Same people seem to shit on games that dare to prioritise other elements, such as story and scope over raw visuals (see discourse around FF16 for past 2.5 years).

Now reality is hitting home with diminishing returns meaning most games will only be a moderate step up from the last generation.

The real question should be, how does slightly more realistic water or textures make a game better for you? Surely there are other ways to make a game more enjoyable or memorable than by just focusing on that...

This is NOT able diminishing returns. Stop that lie. It's about this game looking 10% better than Spiderman: MM. It still looks nice, but to me it looks like a proper cross-gen game. Again Rachet and Clank: Rift Apart looks better and this exact same team within Insomniac is making this game too.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
2021 called, they want their arguments back. Nanite now fully supports foliage and the Air-con units were animated textures if i'm remembering correctly. Has nothing to do with Nanite. All games use animated textures for their AC units.

Lastly you can animate nanite meshes. You just can't do deformed animations (characters, destruction on cars). Which totally makes sense.
Nanite is probably 8 years ahead of the entire gaming industry.

Grats, you proved me wrong with an (experimental?) build being shown off at THIS YEAR'S GDC. I guess devs with a time machine should be alright!

My underlying point still stands though, there are always caveats because its not magic, just clever data management and pipelining to decimate very large data sources down into quantities that the rendering hardware can handle.

And not to split hairs, but deformation and animation are perceptually the same thing to the end user. The question is mainly one of dynamics, is the effect generated real-time or pulled from a bucket of Houdini bakes and played back? This matters to designers and coders, to the end user not-so-much, although which is which absolutely matters from a project perspective.

Last edited:

OCASM

Banned
So where's the next-gen gameplay then?

Game. Isn't. Done.

We go through this every time. Most of these demo slices are of way earlier builds, sometimes up to 6 months earlier than the demo slice shown, and a lot of these effects get added in final optimization passes.

He will have the common staple of wet shader effects, ya damned goofy ass goobers (not you the twittard) :pie_eyeroll:
Every single time the same excuse is deployed: "early build."

99% of the time the released game looks the same or worse.

Diminishing returns are a real thing on heavy unified shader compute engines. Fidelity will get better with IQ and the like, but you are not going to see a monumental difference over a gen before that uses those very same compute APIs. Not like gens prior. It now comes down to artistic talent/consistency with applying the better lighting models to said environmental and character models.

Physics and animations are what should be setting the gens apart due to the higher CPU/GPGPU grunt.
Nah, Overdrive shows tech advances alone still make a huge difference.

That is why I am hoping ND builds upon their animation and AI tech that was in TLoU2 going into their next mainline game or possibly Factions 2. Animation wise, that was already next level compared to anyone last gen, and that was on those measly Jaguar cores probably aided by heavy GPGPU.
It looked the same as most AAA games last gen. ND animation is overrated.

Seems there's a sizeable amount of people who's enjoyment of a video game is now tied to how "next gen" the graphics look. Same people seem to shit on games that dare to prioritise other elements, such as story and scope over raw visuals (see discourse around FF16 for past 2.5 years).

Now reality is hitting home with diminishing returns meaning most games will only be a moderate step up from the last generation.

The real question should be, how does slightly more realistic water or textures make a game better for you? Surely there are other ways to make a game more enjoyable or memorable than by just focusing on that...
So just release those games on PS4 then and eliminate the next-gen $10 dollar tax.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

This is NOT able diminishing returns. Stop that lie. It's about this game looking 10% better than Spiderman: MM. It still looks nice, but to me it looks like a proper cross-gen game. Again Rachet and Clank: Rift Apart looks better and this exact same team within Insomniac is making this game too.
But diminishing returns really is a thing. Whether we choose to admit it or not.

Gonna use a simple example. Take the RX6950. Thats a 24TF GPU. Now take RE4R. That GPU can run that game, with RT, at 1440p, at 90fps.... And at 4K at 64fps.

That means that going from 1440p, to 4K... its costing you 50% in GPU performance. Now a technical argument can be made that hey, you are rendering more than 2x the total amount of pixels, and that would be 100% true. But this is where the problem comes in. look at the game running at 1440p. And then it running at 4K. Does it `look` 2x better? What is even worse, if that was on say a 40 inch TV, from a certain distance, no one would be able to tell the 4K mode apart from the 1440p mode.

And that right there, is indisputable evidence of diminishing returns. I could have used the simpler polygons that make up a ball example, but this one felt better. I am not saying we will not get stuff that will wow us and blow us away, but that will be more down to artstyle and creativity than technical advantages or limitations. Oh and most importantly time. Eg.I think little devil inside is one of the best-looking games I have seen in a while...but I can promise you that technically, and probably hardware cost-wise, it doesn't hold a candle SM2.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So where's the next-gen gameplay then?

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Every time they say the grass doesn't react to the character or that shader effect is missing, 99% of the time it's there in the final builds. We have been through this before from Horizon to Uncharted, to Ghost of Tsushima and back to Horizon again recently. Hell, we went hought it with Spider-Man puddlegate when all they did was move the puddles around.

It looked the same as most AAA games last gen. ND animation is overrated.
Now you're on some gas. But I remember your username.

Last edited:

OCASM

Banned
But diminishing returns really is a thing. Whether we choose to admit it or not.

Gonna use a simple example. Take the RX6950. Thats a 24TF GPU. No take RE4R. That GPU can run that game, with RT, at 1440p, at 90fps.... And at 4K at 64fps.

That means that going from 1440p, to 4K... its costing you 50% in GPU performance. Now a technical argument can be made that hey, you are rendering more than 2x the total amount of pixels, and that would be 100% true. But this is where the problem comes in. look at the game running at 1440p. And then it running at 4K. Does it `look` 2x better? What is even worse, if that was on say a 40 inch TV, from a certain distance, no one would be able to tell the 4K mode apart from the 1440p mode.

And that right there, is indistinguishable evidence of diminishing returns. I could have used the simpler polygons that make up a ball example, but this one felt better. I am not saying we will not get stuff that will wow us and blow us away, but that will be more down to artstyle and creativity than technical advantages or limitations. Oh and most importantly time. Eg.I think little devil inside is one of the best-looking games I have seen in a while...but I can promise you that technically, and probably hardware cost-wise, it doesn't hold a candle SM2.
Now do this with The Last of Us remaster on PS4 and The Last of Us Part 2.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Every time they say the grass doesn't react to the character or that shader effect is missing, 99% of the time it's there in the final builds. We have been through this before from Horizon to Uncharted, to Ghost of Tsushima and back to Horizon again recently. Hell, we went hought it with Spider-Man puddlegate when all they did was move the puddles around.

Right...

Sorry the truth hurts you.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I get people want their doors blown off, but it still looks really good. I wonder how much we are starting to get into diminishing returns too. Are we expecting too much of a leap now?

I’ll bet the final game is a looker. Not my kind of game, but I have hard time believing this isn’t going to look as good or better than Miles Morales when done.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
This is not good. I hope you're wrong.

So graphically you don't think this is possible?

de3f4a58fcb6ced2e0de4ab7f79ed5f537298f12.gif

marvel-spider-man-spider-man.gif

spiderman-spiderman-ps5.gif
depend on your definition of possible.

Probably 30fps (subpar) with 1080p upscaled without RT?

ill take 60fps all day

Last edited:
OP not watched in 4K..

Its underwhelming. Because its aiming for 4k 60. If thats good enough for a ps5 game to you, then you have low standards.

depend on your definition of possible.

Probably 30fps (subpar) with 1080p upscaled without RT?

ill take 60fps all day
Lmao no ill take that please and thank you.

You just want to play a smoother ps4 game..not me.

Uncharted 2, god of war, god of war 3 and all those jaw dropping games were just fine at 30 fps. I'd be pissed if it looked like a ps2 game because it was trying to push a higher res and 60fps.

Those screens look better than this game at 1080p lol ya'll swear this console is ready for 4k

sachos

RTGI would do wonders to this game. Having said that, the 4K trailer looks way better on a second look, especially that helicopter intro with the city in the background. Water could be better. Loading speed and SSD streaming speed looks next gen enough.

Last edited:

lh032

Lmao no ill take that please and thank you.

You just want to play a smoother ps4 game..not me.

Uncharted 2, god of war, god of war 3 and all those jaw dropping games were just fine at 30 fps. I'd be pissed if it looked like a ps2 game because it was trying to push a higher res and 60fps.

Those screens look better than this game at 1080p lol ya'll swear this console is ready for 4k
you are overestimate ps5 capabilities.

Game is not going to run at 4k native.
probably reconstructed from 1080p to 4k dynamic, with 25-30 fps, without RT.

you should not expect major graphical leap, if you prioritize graphic, PC is the way to go, not a console.

and no 60 fps >30fps.
Lower expectation and you will be happy.

Justin9mm

Sadly i am not the one who don't know how the development work , and by the way hfw have many set pieces with gameplay better than this shit , go watch or play them first please before talking like this , and I also don't see any generational gameplay leap over spiderman 2018
Completed Spider Man, Miles Morales and HFW. HFW is one of the best looking if not the best-looking game, too bad the actual game was shallow as fuck. It was shit.

If you don't see any improvement from SM 2018, you're either trolling or have no clue what you're looking at. You're looking at graphics and not everything else that goes into the game.

Justin9mm

Its underwhelming. Because its aiming for 4k 60. If thats good enough for a ps5 game to you, then you have low standards.
ok buddy, Spider Man is low standards, that's a new one.

If it's more of the same thing, with a great story, fun gameplay, bug free with high production quality, that's more of an achievement then a lot of AAA games released of recent that are a mess. You're straight up trolling. Spider Man and Miles Morales has praised reception, Insomniac is one of the best devs in existence and all of a sudden this looks ordinary! lol

So you'd rather something better looking at 4K 30? Games are about gameplay first not graphics. The game is no slouch in the graphics department even at 4K 60. Besides boring HFW, what games do you think do it better? You're jsut hating on something because your expectations are too high.. Your standards are non existent.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Now having game run at 60 FPS has became bad thing? I remember when PS5 was coming out, GAF made thread about how 60 FPS should become standard….oooooh boy!

Mr.Phoenix

Now do this with The Last of Us remaster on PS4 and The Last of Us Part 2.
And I see you are just missing the point. And don't really understand what diminishing returns means. let me try again...

But I will do you one better and use a much better game as an example. Gran Turismo.

The best example to use because it exists across all 5 PlayStation generations.
Gran Turismo 1. PS1. 0.000775TF
CYW4CY363RHILAQI2OHZMH2H5U.jpg

Gran Turismo 3. PS2. 0.0062TF (8x more power than PS1)
MV5BMWYyNzBhZjQtNWE2Ni00NjExLThiNTItMDJkNzMxOWUzMmViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg3NjQyOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Gran Turismo 5. PS3. 0.23TF (37xPS2 (yes you read that right), 296xPS1)
arts-gran-turismo-5-584.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport. PS4. 1.8TF. (7.8xPS3.... saving for dramatic effect)
gran-turismo-sport-dragon-trail

Gran Turismo 7. PS5. 10.2TF (5.6xPS4, 44xPS3, 1,645xPS2....etc)
gran-turismo-7-grand-valley-corrida-732x488.jpg

Now look at GT7... and GT5... does GT7 look 44x better? Or 1000x+ better than GT3?

Hope you get it now.

Last edited:
I really in shock from yesterday sony showcase it was really poring and the worst part of it , is the shitty spiderman 2 graphics , really after 2 or more years of hype and we get this shit , and also i don't know how that all of sony first party studios know nothing about ray tracing global illumination which have been used by many studio's years ago in less powerful gpus in pc , ( I don't care about 4k at 60fps you can make good game performance with 1440p at 40 fps and 4k cheakboard rendering), really sony and insomniac destroyed my hopes yesterday. Really disappointed
its ok man , when it comes out it will be one of the best looking and playing game around , you'll be fine , we'll all be fine

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Gonna use a simple example. Take the RX6950. Thats a 24TF GPU. Now take RE4R. That GPU can run that game, with RT, at 1440p, at 90fps.... And at 4K at 64fps.

And that right there, is indisputable evidence of diminishing returns. I could have used the simpler polygons that make up a ball example, but this one felt better. I am not saying we will not get stuff that will wow us and blow us away, but that will be more down to artstyle and creativity than technical advantages or limitations. Oh and most importantly time. Eg.I think little devil inside is one of the best-looking games I have seen in a while...but I can promise you that technically, and probably hardware cost-wise, it doesn't hold a candle SM2.
Diminishing returns can be a thing but Spiderman looking like the PS4 games is not because of diminshing returns. It's because of lack of effort, lack of talent, misuse of GPU power, insane focus on native 4k with ray tracing instead of 1440p without ray tracing. We wont get diminishing returns until we have achieved photorealism. We have not.

Matrix has come close. In cutscenes, its almost photorealistic, but spiderman 2 looks a generation behind despite running on the same platform matrix ran on 2 years ago with full chaos physics, NPC simulations featuring 35k pedestrians, traffic simulations featuring 40k cars and another 30k parked cars. Setpieces, onrails segments, everything looked a gen ahead. If spiderman 2 looked that good and spiderman 3 came out looking just as good on the PS6 then you would have that point.

Right now, diminishing returns have nothing to do with just how underwhelming this looks. hell, it doesnt even come close to its own reveal trailer or that horizon trailer that was also downgraded. so how can we even bring diminishing returns into this discussion?

fCP9vIg.gif

The-Matrix-Awakens-An-Unreal-Engine-5-Experience-1.gif

you are overestimate ps5 capabilities.

Game is not going to run at 4k native.
probably reconstructed from 1080p to 4k dynamic, with 25-30 fps, without RT.

you should not expect major graphical leap, if you prioritize graphic, PC is the way to go, not a console.

and no 60 fps >30fps.
Lower expectation and you will be happy.
No, im saying that you'd see a TYPICAL next gen console jump, if the priority wasnt 60 fps and 4k. Now yiu're literally just seeing slightly touched up ps4 games because auddenly we act lile 60 fps is a new thing that never previously existed lol

30 fps should still be the minimum baseline for pushing tech and gameplay. Not 60. Yiu guys arent even opting for 45fps. Im a pretty skilled gamer, if I can deal with it for single player games. You can too.

Last edited:

OCASM

Banned
And I see you are just miing the point. And dont really understand what diminishing returns means. let me try again...

But I wi do you one better and use amuch better game as an example. Gran Turismo.

The best example to use because it exists across all 5 PlayStation generations.
Gran Turismo 1. PS1. 0.000775TF
CYW4CY363RHILAQI2OHZMH2H5U.jpg

Gran Turismo 3. PS2. 0.0062TF (8x more power than PS1)
MV5BMWYyNzBhZjQtNWE2Ni00NjExLThiNTItMDJkNzMxOWUzMmViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg3NjQyOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Gran Turismo 5. PS3. 0.23TF (37xPS2 (yes you read that right), 296xPS1)
arts-gran-turismo-5-584.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport. PS4. 1.8TF. (7.8xPS3.... saving for dramatic effect)
gran-turismo-sport-dragon-trail

Gran Turismo 7. PS5. 10.2TF (5.6xPS4, 44xPS3, 1,645xPS2....etc)
gran-turismo-7-grand-valley-corrida-732x488.jpg

Now look at GT7... and GT5... does GT7 look 44x better? Or 1000x+ better than GT3?

Hope you get it now.
No, that's a worse example. Also, GT7 is a PS4 game.

I'll do the work for you:

PS3 remaster on PS4:

Actual PS4 game:

What a PS5 game could look like if developers took their heads out of their asses:

Diminishing returns my ass. Graphics still have a lot of headroom to improve.

Now having game run at 60 FPS has became bad thing? I remember when PS5 was coming out, GAF made thread about how 60 FPS should become standard….oooooh boy!
I always disagree with GAF. Bottom line is, when you ask for 60 you are sacrificing something, when ask for 4k AND 60 fps on mid hardware. You're getting a smooth ps4 title. Turning the 5 into a pro console.

You are essentially wasting all the power on resolution and frames. Its like wanting uncharted 3 at 4k60 over uncharted 4 at 1080p 30. Uncharted 4 will still look better, and feel like the more next gen experience.

Even better, its like asking fir god of war 2 4k 60 instead of god of war 3 at 1080 30 which is what it released at. In short, gamers are trippin'. Hard. And this gen sucks because of it.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

The judgments are being made on the basis of the carefully chosen trailer meant to showcase the game in its best light. Miles Morales was a DLC, not a complete game, and already reused a lot of assets from the base game, try not to conflate that with developing a new full game and remastered was legit an upscale of the base game on ps5....the pc port was handled by Nixxes. The game is about to be released within 6 months what massive improvements in rendering tech are you expecting exactly? At best they will try to reduce the visual bugs.

You're simply giving them an out which has been happening this whole gen, year after year. They have been developing this game as a next-gen exclusive hyping it up as a visual tour de force themselves and they delivered media that is heavily downgraded from the release trailer. Guerilla delivered a more impressive game while making it cross gen across three consoles and even made a more impressive dlc on top.

Are you kidding me, dude, you are saying its too much to expect a high tier first party dev to deliver comparable improvements in iterative tech on completely new generation of hardware with vastly superior cpu,gpu and streaming tech compared to ones delivered on the same console...do you not see the problem here...

I love Insomniac but expecting the bare minimum has resulted in them dropping standards.
I'll agree to disagree. I think considering the timeline, diminishing returns to graphics in general and frankly the fact that PS5 is not all that powerful on GPU front, this isn't bad. Personally I want to see more of gameplay and also don't want to deal with stealth sections.

But really, the way to deal with all of this is just wait, don't pre-order and we'll see come release day.

ChiefDada

Gold Member

He's right though. Stark differences can be seen ~6 months between gameplay marketing material and what actually ships. Compare Burning Shores December announcement trailer to how it looked at launch in the 60fps/performance mode. Improvements in shading, volumetric lighting, water rendering and pop-in.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Haha I agree with you but this made me laugh so hard idk why. Was going to drop the LOL emoji but didn't want you to get the wrong impression.

I don't understand why this assumption that AAA game, especially sequels, need so much time is so prevalent. When the GoW Ragnarok Gameplay Trailer released I was very hype about the vastly improved lighting system. People here mocked me then but sure enough it was the top tech improvement DF praised the sequel on. Maybe NX Gamer too. And this was at the engine level so PS4 and PS5 benefited. Had it not been for Covid and Chris Judge health issues, it would have released in 2021 no doubt. Not to mention Insomniac has greatly enhanced their engine already for current gen just look at Rift Apart.
AAA graphics take a lot of time, as simple as that. Hence why release schedule is so slow. 3 years is nothing now days basically.

Mr.Phoenix

PS3 remaster on PS4:

Actual PS4 game:

What a PS5 game could look like if developers took their heads out of their asses:

Sigh... last time I am going to say this. You do not get what diminishing returns mean. It does not mean that there won't be improvements. It doesn't mean we won't be able to look at PS5 and PS4 games and see a clear difference. It simply means that those differences will get less and less obvious as the gens go along. That more power will be thrown at what will be less obvious gains.

Its why gave you that GT reference across generations. The PS5s GPU is 1600x+ that in the PS2. 1600+!!!!! You still don't get it?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Bottom line is, when you ask for 60 you are sacrificing something, when ask for 4k AND 60 fps on mid hardware. You're getting a smooth ps4 title. Turning the 5 into a pro console.
If given the choice I will always choose 60 fps over little eye candy in graphics. At end of day they games, smoother gameplay is always is gonna be number one priority over shiny graphics.

If given the choice I will always choose 60 fps over little eye candy in graphics. At end of day they games, smoother gameplay is always is gonna be number one priority over shiny graphics.
Didnt matter much for some of the greatest single player games of all time.

Say theres a new half life 2 level advancement around the corner. You're kinda cheapening it as far as an experience for the senses when you want 60 fps instead. Ive been gaming for awhile too man, long enough to know the fps is not what I remembered when playing the best games of all time that blew my mind graphically.

Its also potentially the difference between crazy physics or not, or a city filled to the brim with pedestrians or not. Not just graphics, those thing affect the experience.

So you're saying when I go play uncharted 2 on my ps3 its gonna feel like a slideshow? Lol it wont. And this is coming from a PC gamer.

As long as you can articulate and pmay the game, you are fine. We played god of war 3 at 30 fps and it was awesome. You're acting like we wouldnt be able to pull off a combo

Last edited:

lh032

No, im saying that you'd see a TYPICAL next gen console jump, if the priority wasnt 60 fps and 4k. Now yiu're literally just seeing slightly touched up ps4 games because auddenly we act lile 60 fps is a new thing that never previously existed lol

30 fps should still be the minimum baseline for pushing tech and gameplay. Not 60. Yiu guys arent even opting for 45fps. Im a pretty skilled gamer, if I can deal with it for single player games. You can too.

60 its not a normal thing before PS5 gen.
So im happy actually.

the game has 30fps fidelity mode as well?
Not sure what you mean "you can too"? I platinum spiderman on PS4, 30 fps, and i prefer 60fps.

Last edited:

Loxus

PS3 remaster on PS4:

Actual PS4 game:

On a scale of (10) being real.
Unity enemies (9)
w1ZTj3L.jpg

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (8)
tfmvkxg.jpg

You and others are making an unnecessary fuss over nothing.

Unity doesn't even look that much better than TLOU Part 2. Which proves the point of diminishing returns.
6x8mSb8.jpg

Im generally in agreement with you. But with that being said idk how anyone couldve not been impressed with the Spiderman 2 showcase from a visual standpoint and from a technical perspective as well. But my initial comment talking about the quality of Neogaf having suffered is in reference to the OP’s overall grammar and delivery. Just grossly 5th grade level if not lower writing and were all a little dimmer for having read it. Gaf used to take pride in being well written and thought out. Sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom