• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels spider-man 2 graphics disappointed

Msamy

I really in shock from yesterday sony showcase it was really poring and the worst part of it , is the shitty spiderman 2 graphics , really after 2 or more years of hype and we get this shit , and also i don't know how that all of sony first party studios know nothing about ray tracing global illumination which have been used by many studio's years ago in less powerful gpus in pc , ( I don't care about 4k at 60fps you can make good game performance with 1440p at 40 fps and 4k cheakboard rendering), really sony and insomniac destroyed my hopes yesterday. Really disappointed

Last edited:

Cherrypepsi

it was really poring
Raining Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

really sony and insomniac destroyed my hopes yesterday. Really disappointed
Don't you think you are not getting a little bit too emotional over this?

tommycronin

Banned
The graphics aren't the issue really. It's just more of the same and I thought we were passed getting wowed by on rails sections with limited gameplay. I guess there's still people out there that find it impressive. There's nothing shown that couldn't be done on ps4 with reduced graphics.

Last edited:

Vick

I can only guess they're going for dynamic time of day this time, along with 60fps plus Ray Tracing, because it really did look super disappointing to me. That water was awful.

People saying it looks a generation ahead of Spider-Man must have a pretty awful memory, or only played the less polished Remaster.. this was SM on a PS4 Pro:

DavidGzz

I can only guess they're going for dynamic time of day this time, along with 60fps plus Ray Tracing, because it really did look super disappointing to me. That water was awful.

People saying it looks a generation ahead of Spider-Man must have a pretty awful memory, or only played the less polished Remaster.. this was SM on a PS4 Pro:

The water is WAY better in 2. Interiors are also way better. There were some level of detail issues in the trailer but overall from this video you can see it's mostly improved. Check out 6 min in, you don't even make a splash in the flat featureless water in 1.

Last edited:

Vick

The water is WAY better in 2. Interiors are also way better. There were some level of detail issues in the trailer but overall from this video you can see it's mostly improved. Check out 6 min in, you don't even make a splash in the flat featureless water in 1.

Water is better than the Remaster, which in this regard looked infinitely worse than the original:

AYjrzzW.png

orAf8wC.png

ggu9rqF.png

oF2q9eq.png

Also not seeing those way better interiors at all when taking into account the OG game on PS4/Pro.

Last edited:

This, its another case of a game going 4k 60 priority. Which made it end up looking indistinguishable from the ps4 pro version at a glance.

This isbt diminishing returns either people. These consoles shouldnt be going for 4k 60 plus rt. Because from a rendering standpoint it just ends up lioking like a clearer smoother ps4 game.

To get a real next gen almost cgi look, These consoles are powerful enough to push more polys at 1440p at 30-45fps. But here we are. This is what you get for 4k 60. Because gamers want this I guess.

DavidGzz

Water is better than the Remaster, which in this regard looked infinitely worse than the original:

orAf8wC.png

ggu9rqF.png

oF2q9eq.png

Far off shots and not showing how interactive it is isn't convincing me. Either way, that video shows some good improvements overall. From that distance even Dark Souls 2 Majula water looks great..

plip.plop

My issue with the graphics has more to do with the bland generic henchmen and mechanical beast design they should've contacted GG for some design feedback. My concern is they fix the AI personally. How did Spiderman destroy that giant mechanical bird when he entered the warehouse where it fell to the ground and none of the henchmen below reacted?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think there's a good chance this was originally also meant to come out on Ps4, but they decided to shit can that and concentrate on Ps5. But the damage is already done when you set out to produce something for a very old piece of technology. The fundamentals are set.

I can't think of another reason why this would look barely beyond what a Ps4 Pro can handle.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I think there's a good chance this was originally also meant to come out on Ps4, but they decided to shit can that and concentrate on Ps5. But the damage is already done when you set out to produce something for a very old piece of technology. The fundamentals are set.

I can't think of another reason why this would look barely beyond what a Ps4 Pro can handle.
Horizon Forbidden West proves that this isn't true.

Top Bottom