• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales : Screenshot PS5

If FW looks similar to HZD (which it does, I gave screens to prove it) and you guys think HFW is next-gen, then your statement is absolutely true.

I am being sacarstic lmao

It looks similar in the sense of running on the same Engine.

But FW has much better modeling, geometry, lod, lighting, vegetation, much more big and complex in design, with a wolrd to explore under the water, possibly being able to fly and explore the air also.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Looks nice. Need some gameplay. A close up of Spidey and a blurred background leaves a lot to be desired. Not able to judge the overall graphics very well.

I love how the reaction to the OP is... "Show us gameplay" "Looks like a CG shot!" "That's not gameplay" Spider-Man looked really good, Spider-Man MM looks like a good "evolution" of that game visually.

I guess that screen shot is too good to believe?!?! :messenger_dizzy: But then people are like "Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is the best looking game" or "HellBlade 2 is the best looking next gen game around right now" "OH SHIT (insert CGI trailer that was shown) is looking amazing!" "Oh shit (Insert CGI trailer that was shown) So fucking hyped!" Excuse me?!?! I can't figure out if people are just trolling or they're being truthful? Not sure if fanboy or not?

I guess maybe since Spider-Man is coming up in 3 months it deserves the scrutiny? But a game that is 1-2 years away is able to get away with it, is that it?

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm more interested in the new abilities and swinging animations, the graphic looks barely better than spidey on ps4 but in 4k60, still not bad for a crossgen game.

And for the love of god, get rid of the fucking stealth sequences this time.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Go buy an Xbox Series X if you want everything to be recycled for years.
I don't think people would have been happy if Uncharted: The Lost Legacy had been exclusive launch title for a new console. I haven't played it but it was a small spin-off game.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
You know what looks nextgen?

Horizon Zero Dawn PC version. Even more nextgen than Forbidden West.

giphy.gif

Elog

I am really surprised by the amount of misunderstanding that surrounds variable clocks with a fixed power budget. My take is that people do not fully understand what in-frame bottlecks are in graphics and how they effect the overall performance of your GPU.

The best analogy that I have created is a road with cars. And please understand that it is far from perfect and I am sure someone else can come up with a better analogy than this :)

Going back to the road with cars: The width of the road and its speed limit is the number of CUs and the frequency respectively.

When every car has exactly the same speed you can pack the road with cars that go bumper to bumper. You are now performing at your maximum theoretical Tflops number.

Just like a road however this is a very unlikely scenario. Cars move at slightly different speeds which creates an actual throughput, or Tflops, that is lower than the theoretical max.

Now one car breaks for a few seconds. This does not only slow down that car down but actually cause downstream problems that take some time to untangle. So the problem is not just in that moment but it lingers afterwards.

This is the in-frame bottleneck problem.

If you can increase the speed of that car in that moment before it causes any ripple effects it results in a higher throughput of the road. And actually, if you were to lower the speed of all other cars for a few moments and then speed up again together with the car that performed the break, you also have a higher throughput through the entire encounter.

So the ability to modulate the speed of each car - both up and down - helps you reach an actual throughput that is much closer to your theoretical max than having fixed speeds.

Or in other words: If a road has a max speed of 120 mph, you are better off telling each car to drive 100 mph as long as you can modulate cars individually to both go slower and faster (up to 120mph) - that gives you the maximum amount of cars to your destination over time (actual Tflops). That is what Cerny is trying to do. Will he succeed? Time will tell - but variable clocks to get the flow synchronised is better than fixed for maximum actual Tflops.

Bankai

Could be cubemap-based reflections in the shot.. I wouldn't get my hopes up for 4k60 with RT.. maybe checkboarded 1620p60 with half-resolution RT reflections. That would be amazing and more realistic with the hardware in mind.

INC

Could be cubemap-based reflections in the shot.. I wouldn't get my hopes up for 4k60 with RT.. maybe checkboarded 1620p60 with half-resolution RT reflections. That would be amazing and more realistic with the hardware in mind.

Good, i dont want 4k, its a complete waste of resources. Native 4k is a waste of time, even on a powerhouse pc.

I'll go with 1440p using dlss 2.0, and upscale ray tracing reflections all day.

Unless youre gonna play at 400% to look at this shit

That goes for all platforms pc, xbx and ps5

Birdo

Banned
Spiderman: Chromatic Aberration. Coming to the PS5!

Seriously though, it just looks like your typical promo bullshot. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but fool me 452342 times, shame on me.

Last edited:

Bankai

Good, i dont want 4k, its a complete waste of resources. Native 4k is a waste of time, even on a powerhouse pc.

I'll go with 1440p using dlss 2.0, and upscale ray tracing reflections all day.

Unless youre gonna play at 400% to look at this shit

That goes for all platforms pc, xbx and ps5

Yeah I know what you mean. Though DLSS 2.0 isn’t possible.. because that’s Nvidia you know. So unless AMD has its own alternative to it, which is baked into RDNA2, were stuck with shitty checkerboard rendering (shitty in comparison to DLSS 2.0 that is)

INC

Yeah I know what you mean. Though DLSS 2.0 isn’t possible.. because that’s Nvidia you know. So unless AMD has its own alternative to it, which is baked into RDNA2, were stuck with shitty checkerboard rendering (shitty in comparison to DLSS 2.0 that is)

And I have a 2080 super, so it's very possible (sorry i was generalising, I didn't mean for ps5, my bad)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
This guy had been dormant or sporadically posting for years and then suddenly as soon as Halo Infinite gets delayed he goes into overdrive troll mode.

Did they activate you, sleeper agent?

Thanks mr intent detective. It’s almost like I mainly post in another place and post here when I get a ban for liking Angry Joe and calling out other bullshit there....

MrS

Banned
It’s hard to get excited over 1 screenshot, honestly would rather wait for a blowout than get 1 image teaser

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
I am really surprised by the amount of misunderstanding that surrounds variable clocks with a fixed power budget. My take is that people do not fully understand what in-frame bottlecks are in graphics and how they effect the overall performance of your GPU.

Of course. 99% of the people posting have not a clue of how it works.

ZywyPL

Banned

The best analogy that I have created is a road with cars. And please understand that it is far from perfect and I am sure someone else can come up with a better analogy than this :)

Going back to the road with cars: The width of the road and its speed limit is the number of CUs and the frequency respectively.

When every car has exactly the same speed you can pack the road with cars that go bumper to bumper. You are now performing at your maximum theoretical Tflops number.

Just like a road however this is a very unlikely scenario. Cars move at slightly different speeds which creates an actual throughput, or Tflops, that is lower than the theoretical max.

Now one car breaks for a few seconds. This does not only slow down that car down but actually cause downstream problems that take some time to untangle. So the problem is not just in that moment but it lingers afterwards.

This is the in-frame bottleneck problem.

If you can increase the speed of that car in that moment before it causes any ripple effects it results in a higher throughput of the road. And actually, if you were to lower the speed of all other cars for a few moments and then speed up again together with the car that performed the break, you also have a higher throughput through the entire encounter.

So the ability to modulate the speed of each car - both up and down - helps you reach an actual throughput that is much closer to your theoretical max than having fixed speeds.

Or in other words: If a road has a max speed of 120 mph, you are better off telling each car to drive 100 mph as long as you can modulate cars individually to both go slower and faster (up to 120mph) - that gives you the maximum amount of cars to your destination over time (actual Tflops). That is what Cerny is trying to do. Will he succeed? Time will tell - but variable clocks to get the flow synchronised is better than fixed for maximum actual Tflops.

You tried to make it simple but overcomplicated it anyway. Here's how variable clocks work:

99239544-a-weighing-scale-as-a-justice-icon-.jpg

It's really THAT simple.

Arun1910

We know we aren't.

The 2 modes are 4K 60fps and another that runs at 30fps with Ray tracing on, resolution hasn't been stated.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Photo mode is what it is. Or in-engine. It won’t look like it in real time gameplay.
Well, it’s not impossible next gen. In game closeups like that should be achievable via loading in high quality assets instantly as needed, when it zooms out to regular swinging gameplay, lower quality can be swapped back in again. Seamless transitions etc.

Last edited:

TBiddy

Well, it’s not impossible next gen. In game closeups like that should be achieved via loading in high quality assets instantly as needed, when it zooms out to regular swinging gameplay, lower quality can be swapped back in again. Seamless transitions etc.

Theorerically speaking you may be right yeah. I’m willing to eat crow if that is the in-game real time fidelity, but bullshots are a reality in this business.

JonnyMP3

All the arguments about 4K, RT or bullshots...
But the real question is... Are you going to buy this game and play it?

I am, and I'm going to enjoy being Spider-Man again swinging through NYC.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Rea
Top Bottom