• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
rAKrU.jpg

ZfJDB.png

OWaHt.png

SBLpd.jpg

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Won't be going to midnight but first thing Friday I will be there. I am fucking hyped. Summer of Spider-Man, Avengers, and Batman lets do this.

apana

I just hope they leave the "scientific" explanations out of this. Don't want to hear about wormholes ever again.

Pretty funny that we in Aus get it first. I guess it gives you all the privilege to heed the unbiased blessings and curses of this poster.

Nesotenso

I remember Thor being released early in Australia because it was a holiday weekend. Is that the case this time around ?

Replicant

I remember Thor being released early in Australia because it was a holiday weekend. Is that the case this time around ?

I think it was more because the lead actor is an Australian. Although now that you brought it up, it is Anzac Day public holiday the day "The Avenger" is released here.

Wish they'd released "Cabin In The Woods" this week though. I can't cope with this much spoiler on the internet and not looking at them.

Pretty funny that we in Aus get it first. I guess it gives you all the privilege to heed the unbiased blessings and curses of this poster.

Totally off topic here, but every time I see your avatar, I'm reminded of how much I want a Woola.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions though, nonetheless. I know you're much less of a fan of the Marvel movies than I am, so I'll take any positive impressions as a very good sign.

The trailers/teasers have done nothing for more, nor have they given me the slightest idea of what this is about outside of "let's make a bunch of money." And everything seems to have been shot like a non-cinematic television show. Bleh

Nisa65

I can't believe Japan doesn't get this until August. The movie will be out on fucking DVD by the time I get the chance to see it here.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I can't believe Japan doesn't get this until August. The movie will be out on fucking DVD by the time I get the chance to see it here.

No kidding! It reminds me of Russell Crowe's Robin Hood a couple years ago, which was legitimately out on Blu-ray in the States THREE MONTHS before it even got released theatrically here.

"Text in images" OTs need to die in a fire. No one is going to read that shit and I can't even search for specific keywords, because it's a fucking picture.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Looked around, opening night in Holland is all 3D, which sucks because it's post-production 3D, which sucks by default. In this case it's a missed oppurtunity, because Real3D would've been sweet for the Iron Man flight sections, considering the wingsuit-scene from Dark of the Moon was totally out of this world in terms of 3D-experience.

Zzoram

I really like the look of the OP. Very nice how links are embedded into what looks like a single fact sheet.

pretty standard in (mainland-)europe. pixar movies used to come out 4-5 months later.

altough everytime there is a soccer event in the summer we get some movies earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom