• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

apana

I just watched Thor this weekend. Will they
explain how he gets back to Earf after the bifrost bridge was destroyed?

The energy from his hammer strokes will cause a tear in the fabric of space itself and he will be sucked in, sending him to
Earf.

apana

Hawkeye: needs more muscles.

He needs better costume design. If they didn't want to put him in some sort of superhero outift the least they could do is not make him look so stupid. There is at least one scene in the film where he is looking alright:

avengers-jeremy-renner-hawkeye-600x400.jpg

So I'm starting a rewatch of all the Marvel movies soon. What order do you guys recommend I watch them?

I'm leaning toward release order, but I'm debating something closer to chronological order.

So I'm starting a rewatch of all the Marvel movies soon. What order do you guys recommend I watch them?

I'm leaning toward release order, but I'm debating something closer to chronological order.

I am going to do release order. Chronological basically just throws Cap in there first, then the rest in release order.

Tobor

We marathoned them last Sunday. Definitely do release order. Thor and Cap should be last since they lead directly into the Avengers.

There's just not enough purple on Hawkeye. Why can't he have more purple??

Isn't Incredible Hulk technically last?

It's kind of in the middle of things. The scene where Hulk is fighting the military on the college campus takes place around or right before the scene in Iron Man 2 where Fury is telling Stark that he's not fit for the Avengers team. You can see the news broadcasts of the Hulk on the TVs in that scene.

Not that it matters but

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
Agent Coulson: Agent of Shield

That way you get Iron Man and his father established. You get super soldier program established in Hulk. The easter egg of Cap's shield in Iron makes sense when you watch Captain America and meet Stark's father and you're introduced to the tesseract. Thor references the tesseract and introduces Hawkeye. Iron Man 2...is there. And top it off with Agent Coulson: Agent of Shield - the best film to hit celuloid.

apana

I'd probably watch Captain America last. Hopefully they give us
the rest of the Captain America ending in the opening of the Avengers. I was looking forward to seeing more of his reaction to the world and meeting his girlfriend as an old woman if she is still alive.
I decided to skip Iron Man 2 so don't know if that should be last or not.

I'll probably just stick with release order. I feel like I read somewhere that there was a fan edit that pieced together scenes from all the films in proper chronological order.

Tobor

the rest of the Captain America ending in the opening of the Avengers. I was looking forward to seeing more of his reaction to the world and meeting his girlfriend as an old woman if she is still alive.

The scene you mention was in fact shot for Avengers, but was cut since it was unnecessary. It will supposedly be included on the BluRay.

Personally, I didn't miss it at the end of Cap. The line he says at the end was enough for me.

Every time I keep hearing that they cut that scene from Cap, I'm wondering if they're going to use it in Avengers.

Edit: nevermind, beaten. Shame it was cut from Avengers, too. The blu-ray release definitely needs to be the full cut with the extra 30 minutes because while I agree that the ending of Cap with that last line was fucking perfect, it would be an extremely good scene to have to flesh out his development in the modern era.

DarkWish

Same here. I am trying to think if they reference any events from Incredible Hulk in the others.
In Iron Man 2, there is a part (can't remember when) where we see a news broadcast on TV that shows the events of the Incredible Hulk (the battle at the college campus). So those two movies run somewhat concurrently.
EDIT: Beaten with a better explanation.

Tobor

Every time I keep hearing that they cut that scene from Cap, I'm wondering if they're going to use it in Avengers.

Edit: nevermind, beaten. Shame it was cut from Avengers, too. The blu-ray release definitely needs to be the full cut with the extra 30 minutes because while I agree that the ending of Cap with that last line was fucking perfect, it would be an extremely good scene to have to flesh out his development in the modern era.

It's a fine line. You don't want The Avengers to feel like Cap 2. I'm fine with it being on the BluRay, or better yet, save it for Cap 2.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
not to drag it out anymore with all the Hulk and Norton talk .. but can someone summarize or link to his draft of the script? I'm curious about what his vision for this would have been.

When Stark is talking to Fury at the end of IM2, the broadcast of Hulk at Culver University from TIH is shown on a TV in the background. That's all I'm aware of.

The Fury's Big Week comic tie-in establishes that Iron Man 2, Thor, and Incredible Hulk are all happening at about the same time, and all that stuff ends before Captain America is found in the ice.

In other news, I just bought a bunch of the Avengers Lego sets they put out recently. I'm more excited than is probably healthy to put together a little team of Lego superheroes.

They're not going to kill off any of the major superheroes, because all of them probably have sequels or spinoffs in their future.

Coulson or Maria Hill are the most likely to go since they've got no real chance of a solo film. If I had to bet money on one character dying, it'd be Coulson.

Tobor

I can't seem to find it, but Whedon was asked in an interview about how he dealt with being unable to kill any major characters. He had a good answer, but I don't want to butcher it. Anyone know which interview it was?

shira

I can't seem to find it, but Whedon was asked in an interview about how he dealt with being unable to kill any major characters. He had a good answer, but I don't want to butcher it. Anyone know which interview it was?

"Chill I got this"

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow, it actually already comes out exactly a week from today for me - and the whole time I had it in mind for a summer movie for everyone - noice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom