• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Wolverine | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This is the surprise announcement from the PlayStation Showcase: Insomniac Games has unveiled a new Wolverine game for PS5 !

unknown.png

Coming exclusively on PS5

No release date for Marvel's Wolverine, but it looks like it will be a PlayStation exclusive, or even a PS5 exclusive, as the text "in development for PlayStation 5" appeared.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Of course it's a PS5 exclusive. It's Insomniac. Seems like a good super hero to choose if you're going to do another game like that.

Does Insomniac like making so many super hero games though?

It's probably late 2023 or 2024 though since it was just an announcement trailer.

NoviDon

Wolverine was the most badass character from my early childhood, since the X-men animated show i've loved this character, and now the perfect developer for the character and world is making the game...I knew it was him from the start but then I started doubting because his wounds weren't healing, and then those big sexy claws came out!...I'm sure one of my neighbors thought I was being murdered. But nope its just whoever this dumb redneck fuck is that dare challenge Lord Logan sama!

LimanimaPT

It's really a shame to see Insomniac being wasted with Marvel.
Let them create new IPs.
I'd rather see a new Resistance game then a shitty super heroe game.
This only can get worse if ND starts making super heroes games.

This will be Spider Man DLC, with Wolverine swapped out for Spiderman, and sold for $70 dollars
I mean you're not far off. If it's from the same studio, it's likely using the same engine. Essentially that is what studios do that make different games. They tweak and rework, but it's essentially the same engine.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Honestly beside Insomniac or Rocksteady I can't choose which would've been the better choice, but I am happy it's one of those.Too bad it's only a CGI though, I would've like to see him slice someone in half at least.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
some games only need a title logo
anything that has wolverine on it.. is fine by me

hope they go the LOGAN route.. and make an 18+ game.. wolverine need that gore.. none of this happy disney wank

Last edited:
as much as I love the idea of a wolverine game, Insomniac’s Spider-Man game(s) was a button masher. ratchet and clank is a button masher. Odds are this will be a pretty button masher

as much as I love the idea of a wolverine game, Insomniac’s Spider-Man game(s) was a button masher. ratchet and clank is a button masher. Odds are this will be a pretty button masher
Button masher? You're using that term about as correctly as people use the term "walking simulator".

There's a difference between a game not being overly difficult on Normal and being a button masher.

Aenima

Aside from KOTOR Remake this one was the biggest surprise from the show to me.
Super interested to see more especially knowing its a Insomniac game.

Top Bottom