• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Wolverine | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

djkimothy

Well, I haven't been keeping track of their follows, but apparently Xbox don't have connections with those accounts. Haven't done a before and after.

skit_data

It seems to be their offical twitter account and it's right there on their TL.

This was posted yesterday so they've had plenty of time to retract the tweet.
The question is wether they are actually referring to Marvel/Sony because to me it comes across as just another ”wierd shit companies say on twitter”-tweet.

djkimothy

The question is wether they are actually referring to Marvel/Sony because to me it comes across as just another ”wierd shit companies say on twitter”-tweet.

Apparently people have checked and they dont forllow the Marvel accounts. But I don't know if they did before. But this has been amplified by 25k likes. So I don't know if this is the official company position or the social media manager going rogue.

Last edited:
Sooo... Has anyone been following the Xbox Twitter account? The scuttlebug is that they've unfollowed @Marvel and @Marvelgames?

98GFhgn.gif

There is no way that is real. it's not even green

skit_data

Apparently people have checked and they dont forllow the Marvel accounts. But I don't know if they did before. But this has been amplified by 25k likes. So I don't know if this is the official company position or the social media manager going rogue.
Yeah, it is kinda strange that they don’t follow them but I wouldn’t trust ”people” to know wether they did before either.

xHunter

Sooo... Has anyone been following the Xbox Twitter account? The scuttlebug is that they've unfollowed @Marvel and @Marvelgames?

Looks like someone forgot to change to his personal account. Nonetheless, kinda ironic to tweet that from the person.

Edit: nvm, just saw that this a copypasta

Last edited:

djkimothy

Yeah, it is real. Go to xbox.com and scroll all the way to the bottom and find their link to twitter. Same exact twitter account.

I mean, there's not many unofficial accounts with 16 million followers. So it's their official account. Question is, is this related to the Playstation news?

Topher

Gold Member
I mean, there's not many unofficial accounts with 16 million followers. So it's their official account. Question is, is this related to the Playstation news?

It is just so bizarre a response that I had to go to the source and verify. Not sure what other news this could be referring to. Regardless, it is a stupid thing to say considering Microsoft's Bethesda purchase. It would be the same if Sony whined about losing TES after they secured Spider-Man.

Just a head scratcher.

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Last edited:
It is just so bizarre a response that I had to go to the source and verify. Not sure what other news this could be referring to. Regardless, it is a stupid thing to say considering Microsoft's Bethesda purchase.

Regardless of what it's making a reference to many will assume that it's Marvel. Which is why that it puzzles me that they would allow a comment like this to linger.

yurinka

How was Miles Morales game? Same quality as SM1?
Yep, basically the same but in a shorter game similar in size to all Uncharteds except 4, Gears, etc.

I doubt it stops at Wolverine

In the next 5 years, I expect Sony to have to have a fleshed-out gamer version of Marvel Verse
I think that after Spider-Man 2 they will make a Morales-like shorter spin-off game with Venom.

I also think that there will be multiple cameos in the Wolverine one and they will make another shorter spinoff game with one of these characters (X23 maybe? Deadpool?). And I also think that after a couple of Wolverine games and spin-offs they will move from Wolverine to X-Men.

Insomniac seems to have now 3 teams, and if they continue growing I assume they'll end having 4: two for Marvel games, another one for existing Insomniac IPs and another one for new IPs.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Basically Spider-Man 2 being made by the Spider-Man 1 crew, Wolverine by the Morales crew. So the Wolverine guys probably only have been working during a year on it. Unless it's a shorter game like Morales, and more linear and narrative in a Uncharted/GoW way (something I'd prefer) instead of open world, I don't see Wolverine being released until 2024 or 2025.
Yeah I'd heard Insomniac has been recruiting. Are they 1.5 teams, or two full teams though?

I agree with those saying Wolverine doesn't need to be open world, and definitely hoping it's darker and less family friendly than Spiderman. Hope Sony doesn't force their hand, this should be the comic book God of War.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yeah I'd heard Insomniac has been recruiting. Are they 1.5 teams, or two full teams though?

I agree with those saying Wolverine doesn't need to be open world, and definitely hoping it's darker and less family friendly than Spiderman. Hope Sony doesn't force their hand, this should be the comic book God of War.
They have three full teams now.

1. Bryan Intihar's (creator of Spider-Man PS4 and currrently working on Spider-Man 2)
2. Brian Horton's (creator of Miles Morales and now Wolverine)
3. Marcus Smith's (creator of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart; moving to a new project)

In addition, I think they have another smaller team (team #4) that is working on a PSVR 2 title.

yurinka

Looking at their leads I'd say they have 3 teams who help each other, aren't totally separated teams. Some people works in all games, some other people work in two of these teams, some people only works in one. But they seem to be in 3 games at the same time:

-One team Spider-Man 1+Spider-Man 2.
-Other one Morales+Wolverine.
-Other one Rift Apart+PSVR2/new IP stuff.

If they continue growing, I assume the Rift Apart team would split in a team for existing Insomniac IPs, the other team for VR+new IPs.

I'm not sure but I'd say Insomniac's headcount is so big that they have 2 studios instead of one.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I've always heard that game was way better than it had any right to be. I wonder if there's anyway to play it on modern hardware?
Not on consoles. It might work on PC but I don't think you can buy it digitally. I have the PS2 version but haven't played it much.

Last edited:
How does it make sense?

Publicly displaying their displeasure in a petulant and immature manner, to their millions of followers, doesn't look very professional to me.
Just didn't seem immature to me. You are allowed to show your displeasure.

Edit
A little honestly is actually quite refreshing. Better than insincere back pats.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Holy cow. Why do you keep making shit up on this board? You’re literally lying through your virtual teeth for reasons unknown.

A couple quick notes:

-“The problem is what’s next.” No it isn’t. They are clearly working on heir own timelines as to when they will reveal what. Sony has multiple major games coming out in the next six months or so. They will reveal more about what’s late in 2022 and behind in due time. Do you honestly think these companies that have been producing for many years if not more than a decade have suddenly forgotten how to produce software? You’re nuts if you think so.

-“Insomniac … literally don’t even have a face for their character model.” Wtf? You have insight into their development? You realize showing the face of freaking Logan would have revealed what the game was the instant it was shown right? That came at the end … it’s an artistic choice and it wasn’t even the game. You have NO INFORMATION as to the state of the games development and you’re going around here saying insomniac doesn’t have faces on character models.

So yeah, I’m not sure what’s up with the lies. You’re talking about the state of other software development houses that you do not work at and have zero insight on. These companies are basically executing at the highest level in the industry whether you like it or not. Their results speak for themselves. You’re making things up.

Stop.

Please.
It is annoying when people talk like they have insider knowledge.

I was disappointed not to see anything from Naughty Dog, it was unexpected. But to read some posts on here they have been standing around holding their dicks for the past 12 months.

oh wow.. that's a lot of salt..

What happened to no more console warring? I could chuckle over an anonymous man-child trolling over console wars on twitter, but this is xbox official mouthpiece.

oldergamer

Lol at the people here that totally missed the joke and thought it was some negative comment. Some of you guys take your favorite plastic box too serious

Top Bottom