• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Wolverine | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

ManaByte

oh wow.. that's a lot of salt..

What happened to no more console warring? I could chuckle over an anonymous man-child trolling over console wars on twitter, but this is xbox official mouthpiece.

Except it's a Twitter meme, as explained on this page (which you're ignoring).

Please just dont be fucking open world. I think that would instantly kill my hype.

Wide linear like TLOU and GOW. thanks

I don't think it will be, just doesn't fit the character in general. how would a open world wolverine work? logan just walks up to some random person to accept a mission? I keep seeing people use his motorcycle thing as a way of transportation or getting around the city. What made spiderman fun and the reason why it's open world is because of the web swinging. spider man is fast, can parkour, and get around the city easily. logan? he's fast but he's no hulk where he can jump or leap bounds.

reksveks

Please just dont be fucking open world. I think that would instantly kill my hype.

Wide linear like TLOU and GOW. thanks
I think their blog post suggests that it will be like those two but I don't want the trope of Logan protecting a kid sadly. We have seen that story before.

Yoboman

I hope this game is full GTA like with Wolverine. Give me Logan motorbike. Let me steal cars and be a villain if I want.

Make consequences for revealing you are a mutant in public.

Put in a whole mutant sentiment system that changes how NPCs behave to you like inFamous

There's a ton they can do with this

Evilms

Banned
Wow, they're enTILTED.
dGBphnR.png
they are crazy at xbox

Stuart360

Not going to lie, i'm getting so over all this superhero crap, but i always liked X-Men and Wolverine.
I think a open world Wolverine game could be really good, especially if they take inspiration more from the films in terms of looks and the more adult tone.

Concern

Was just trying to see if the old Wolverine game was backwards compatible but its not.

This announcement has me thinking picking up the old and dusting off the old 360 lol.

Maybe already mentioned but the cash register says $19.74; that's when Hulk 180 released. Also has anyone tried to translate the white sign in bar? Looks to be in Thai or Khmer

reksveks

No they are not. Sony probably HAD to show them, as both the ones they showed (KOTOR and Wolverine), were for 3rd party franchises.
Wolverine is the same as spiderman 2, no? I think it's just a choice given their internal planned release date.

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
Wolverine is the same as spiderman 2, no? I think it's just a choice given their internal planned release date.

They already had Spider-Man 2 in-game reveal, from the same developer, they didn't have any reason to make the Wolverine teaser. It's therefore probable that they had some contractual obligations for it.

reksveks

They already had Spider-Man 2 in-game reveal, from the same developer, they didn't have any reason to make the Wolverine teaser. It's therefore probable that they had some contractual obligations for it.
Not sure that I agree with your assumptions but that's okay, we won't ever know.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
No they are not. Sony probably HAD to show them, as both the ones they showed (KOTOR and Wolverine), were for 3rd party franchises.

Yet Microsoft gets panned for CGI trailers. Do not get me wrong I have super high hopes for this game and with it being made by the same studio as Spider-Man it could be the best game of the year when it arrives.

Just with so many people panning Microsoft when they shoe cgi’s trailers this should of only been shown when some gameplay footage was ready, I compare this to the fable reveal trailer in that it basically shows us nothing

arvfab

Banned
Yet Microsoft gets panned for CGI trailers. Do not get me wrong I have super high hopes for this game and with it being made by the same studio as Spider-Man it could be the best game of the year when it arrives.

Just with so many people panning Microsoft when they shoe cgi’s trailers this should of only been shown when some gameplay footage was ready, I compare this to the fable reveal trailer in that it basically shows us nothing

Agree, CGI is always bad, no matter if it's Sony or MS doing it. And as it is not typical (anymore) for Sony to show CGI for their 1st party titles, that's why I suppose they had some sort of obligation regarding Wolverine (and maybe KOTOR, too, but that one is not 1st party).

SLB1904

Banned
Nah. They were flexing

Greggy

Was just trying to see if the old Wolverine game was backwards compatible but its not.

This announcement has me thinking picking up the old and dusting off the old 360 lol.
I suppose you mean Raven Software's xmen origins Wolverine game? Shame it's not back compat.
I trust Insomniac on this one. Hopefully it's M-rated.

Concern

I suppose you mean Raven Software's xmen origins Wolverine game? Shame it's not back compat.
I trust Insomniac on this one. Hopefully it's M-rated.

Yea I never played it but seeing some people say it was actually not bad, I wanted to try it.

I believe a dev said it'll be a mature rated game.

TheMan

I had completely missed the fact that insomniac was making this. Now im interested

but please please please don’t incorporate stealth

Last edited:
Top Bottom