• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masahiro Sakurai (Kirby, Super Smash Bros.) shares his impressions on the PlayStation 5

Masahiro Sakurai from Sora Ltd may be known as a central figure in the Nintendo scene for having developed the famous Kirby and Super Smash Bros franchises. However, that does not mean he cannot buy and enjoy other game consoles. In his latest Famitsu column, Masahiro Sakurai shared his impressions on Sony’s newest console, the PlayStation 5. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089!]

Here are some highlights from Masahiro Sakurai’s impressions on the PlayStation 5:
  • “The console unit is rather large.”
  • “Every behavior feels light and quick.”
  • “I can download a bunch of PS4 games at once. The first one I played overenthusiastically turned out to be The Ninja Warriors.” (Note: It’s yet to be specified whether this refers to the Arcade Archives version or the remastered game)
  • “However, at present, I’m troubled with the lack of folder divisions.”
  • “Frankly speaking, the internal SSD is so small it’s already all filled up.”
  • “In overall, I am very satisfied with it.”
The PlayStation 5 is now available in many countries around the world. The new console supports backwards compatibility with 99% of PlayStation 4 games, both physically and digitally. Sakurai himself recently added new Minecraft content to Super Smash Bros Ultimate, from characters like Steve and Alex to stage biomes that alter their gameplay mechanics.

Slashinghook

Neo Member
“The console unit is rather large.” —> XSX is smaller

“Every behavior feels light and quick.” —> same as XSX

“I can download a bunch of PS4 games at once. The first one I played overenthusiastically turned out to be The Ninja Warriors.” (Note: It’s yet to be specified whether this refers to the Arcade Archives version or the remastered game) —> same as XSX

“However, at present, I’m troubled with the lack of folder divisions.” —> XSX supports folders

“Frankly speaking, the internal SSD is so small it’s already all filled up.” —> XSX has a larger SSD, supports XSX games on external HDD and has SSD expansion available

“In overall, I am very satisfied with it.” looks like he would be more satisfied with xbox.

Nowadays whenever I see a thread that starts with someone's name I get a sinking feeling.
People dying left and right out here.

Glad Sakurai likes it!

“I can download a bunch of PS4 games at once. The first one I played overenthusiastically turned out to be The Ninja Warriors.” (Note: It’s yet to be specified whether this refers to the Arcade Archives version or the remastered game) —> same as XSX

“However, at present, I’m troubled with the lack of folder divisions.” —> XSX supports folders

“Frankly speaking, the internal SSD is so small it’s already all filled up.” —> XSX has a larger SSD, supports XSX games on external HDD and has SSD expansion available

“In overall, I am very satisfied with it.” looks like he would be more satisfied with xbox.

Weird, I could swear this was Sakurai talking about the PS5 alone... did I miss something?

Last edited:

Is this astroturfing?

bender

What time is it?

Phil Spencer is going to give you a handy, friend.

Honestly for a second I thought he was talking about the XSX because the only games he mentioned were from the previous generation.

Entroyp

He is a smart person. He knows Xbox is not needed.

Judging by your post history, I think we have found an actual paid xbox shill!

Fbh

This sounds like time that could have been spent on Kid Icarus uprising 2!!!!!!! /s

Glad he is enjoying it though his takeaways seem fairly standard.

Damn the Series X is way cooler than I though. Had no idea you could download a bunch of Ps4 games at once on it

AlexxKidd

You lie...

“I can download a bunch of PS4 games at once. The first one I played overenthusiastically turned out to be The Ninja Warriors.”
Is not the same as Xbox, because, like a lot of Japanese games, The Ninja Warriors is not on Xbox. So no, he would not be able to "over enthusiastically" play that game had he been discussing the "most power console." No games. Different gen, same ol' Xbox.

Shhhhhhhhhh
gHnuiKI.png

geordiemp

SkylineRKR

Lack of folders was the first thing I noticed as I'm not used to having everything mashed together. I used to have VR, Digital and Retail in 3 different folders. Now I'm DD only and wanted to make a PS4 folder but alas.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I wonder if he thinks about the child he denied a console so he could give his analysis. Feel guilty Sakuri feel guilty.

Sack boy to smash confirmed.

GAMETA

Banned
I wonder if he filled up the 32GB on the Switch yet >____>
You'll find it hard to find Switch games that require more than 20Gb. Most bigger games require from 11 to 15Gb. Regular sized ones range from 4 to 7Gb.

A 200Gb card on Switch will last you far more than an aditional 1Tb expansion on PS5/XSX.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't he show his gaming setup no long ago? I remember he had a buch of sony and nintendo consoles.

Honey Bunny

Phil Spencer hire this man

Top Bottom