• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 DLC "The Arrival" [Update: Gameplay Demo Post 674]

Lakitu said:
Officially announced, release on March 29th.

Mass_Effect_2_Die_Ankunft_3.jpg.jpg

Mass_Effect_2_Die_Ankunft_2.jpg.jpg

Admiral Hackett :)

kfrsn.jpg

New DLC: The Arrival

http://social.bioware.com//uploads_user/40000/39425/95132.jpg

From this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWxD1xomMbU

Credits to Bioware forums.

Draft

saadishsnake said:
This is why I'll be waiting for a Mass Effect 2 GOTY Edition.
ME2 itself on the Xbox has been hovering in the $20-$30 range forever, and all the DLC went on sale like a month ago for what... like $3 a pop? Don't think it's ever going to get much cheaper than that.

Draft said:
ME2 itself on the Xbox has been hovering in the $20-$30 range forever, and all the DLC went on sale like a month ago for what... like $3 a pop? Don't think it's ever going to get much cheaper than that.
I am wondering if EA would actually bother to re-release ME2 when ME3 would be coming out in a few months.

hank_tree

Peff said:
That's weird, the 360 version doesn't seem to have the teaser.

In the video above the teaser was in the xbox version.

Edit: Nope it was the PS3 version. My bad.

Edit 2 : No it's in the Xbox one as well. He just doesn't show the front. It's on the back of the insert with the Dragon Age DLC code.

Lostconfused said:
I am wondering if EA would actually bother to re-release ME2 when ME3 would be coming out in a few months.
A mass effect ultimate collection would be awesome, ME1, 2 and 3 with all the DLC for 1 and 2 included... fat chance it will ever happen but would be awesome to see and have.

saadishsnake

Neo Member
Draft said:

I plan on getting ME2 for the PC, it's $15/Amazon now and I doubt the price will suddenly increase. I don't like how Bioware wants you to get EA/Bioware Points to buy the DLC from them. Overall, I think the smartest thing to do is have some patience and wait for them to release an GOTY Edition of this game.

I think most big name title this gen has DLC, and those same titles end up releasing GOTY Editions with the DLC later on down the road.

Lunchbox

Banned
day 0

as in, staying up until 5 am and screaming at major nelson on his comment section asking why isnt it up yet?

jackdoe

Nice. But I really wonder how all these DLC plot threads will carry over to ME3. If they pull another ME2 and relegate to a e-mail message, I will be pissed; like an e-mail from Liara saying thank you.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Stallion Free said:
I wish it had a release date.
The problem is they have to get it through Microsoft and Sony's console approval networks, so they can never tell when it will go out until very late.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nirolak said:
The problem is they have to get it through Microsoft and Sony's console approval networks, so they can never tell when it will go out until very late.
I resent them for that so much. PC never gets it early even though it could.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Somehow I doubt this means I'll be able to get all the PC DLC cheap any time soon.

Oh god, that pamphlet is so exciting and story-centric, but the leaked achievement list makes it sound like arena-type missions.

Shadow Broker really raised the bar though, in terms of making an optional section pretty amazing and relevant to the main story.

arecibo

Neo Member
Is the Mass Effect DLC cannon? Will it will effect events in ME3?

I haven't played any of the ME2 DLC yet, though I plan to before ME3.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
arecibo said:

Yes, the DLC is cannon. If you play any one DLC play Shadow Broker, as not only is it probably going to set up some story for ME3, but its arguably one of the best missions across both games.

arecibo said:

Yep. I don't know how Bioware's going to work it out for ME3 if you import an ME2 save file without the DLC data on it, though. Some pretty serious business goes down in Shadow Broker.

Swag

Will buy day one.

Hopefully when they release the DLC patch on the PC they fix that annoying justicar bug.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hope it's substantial in content, at least something in line with Lair of the Shadow Broker. Something that will cap off ME2 well and provide a nice lead-in for ME3.

Thank fuck this is going to be post-game DLC, every time I start a new game I have like 500 emails and the galaxy map is super crowded with stuff to do.

Draft said:

Well shit, let me just get in my time machine and buy it.

EatChildren said:
I hope it's substantial in content, at least something in line with Lair of the Shadow Broker. Something that will cap off ME2 well and provide a nice lead-in for ME3.

It will probably be even more substantial than LotSB given that it's already been 6 months since the last DLC, and probably a couple more months until Arrival...err, arrives.

Looks like they're making quite a bit of content for it to take that long.

Top Bottom