• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh..my...god..

Forgive me for not keeping up with news about this game all the time, but I just read about there being no vehicles, including the Mako in this game. My heart completely sank.

WHAT THE FUCK? One of my favorite feelings in Mass Effect was exploring the planets with the Mako. It controlled just fine, and it let you really get around quickly. God it was awsome taking it up mountains and stuff. The planet exploration was totally lacking in Mass Effect 1, but I still loved the Mako. I figured this would be a huge area of improvement, but instead, now we are always on foot? What the hell man... -_____-

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
VindicatorZ said:
oh..my...god..

Forgive me for not keeping up with news about this game all the time, but I just read about there being no vehicles, including the Mako in this game. My heart completely sank.

WHAT THE FUCK? One of my favorite feelings in Mass Effect was exploring the planets with the Mako. It controlled just fine, and it let you really get around quickly. God it was awsome taking it up mountains and stuff. The planet exploration was totally lacking in Mass Effect 1, but I still loved the Mako. I figured this would be a huge area of improvement, but instead, now we are always on foot? What the hell man... -_____-
wat

I would sit there and jump the Mako up all kinds of cliffs and shit to get to some amazing views. It was awsome.

Are you guys complaining about the controls? Is that it? Cause you if you can;t control the Mako, then stop playing games. It's not perfect, but more than fine.

IGN: What changes, if any, are being made to the Mako? Will it get a performance upgrade?
Casey Hudson: We've created a new vehicle for Mass Effect 2 which is a major improvement over the Mako and is an absolute blast to play – especially when combined with our improved level design for uncharted world levels. Improving the vehicle has been a major goal, so we've been very cautious about getting it perfect before we reveal it. But, we'll be able to reveal it soon and I think players are going to really enjoy the way the new vehicle moves and fights.

WTF is this!!! This makes me angrier. I'm reading about some Hammerhead DLC? wtf is this shit

Ok, so the Hammerhead will be available on launch day? And it can be used on the planets that you land on, or only new DLC planets? Ughhh..

Foil

EatChildren said:
I'm still a bit confused as to the pricing of DLC. The wording sounds like the two announced packages will be totally free to everybody who owns a new copy of the game thanks to the Cerberus Network Access Card.

The first package free as it's incentive makes sense, but the super Mako package as well? I cant see EA and BioWare giving away stuff for free just for owning the game.

The first two packages better be free for people with the Cerberus Card, more so the package that has the vehicle in it. That would be ridiculous to charge people on day one for a vehicle that should have been in the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Foil said:
The first two packages better be free for people with the Cerberus Card, more so the package that has the vehicle in it. That would be ridiculous to charge people on day one for a vehicle that should have been in the game.

Even so, how will the Hammerhead Mako be used? If its DLC exclusive then it makes me think it will only work in Mako specific missions, which we can assume will only come with the DLC in the first place.

I'd really like more details. I'm glad we now know something, but its still lack specifics.

Dunkelgrau

painey said:
345n6t5.jpg

I hoped, that the comic would be bigger: I do not think, that this is the original size of the comic. My theory is, that they have scaled it down, so that it fits into the dvd-box.

Dennis

Banned
See all the confusion about DLC? Yeah it is the Devil's invention.

Also Pre-order DLC bullshit where different retailers rewards you with different kinds of DLC.
What if I want it all or something from the GameStop DLC but don't wan't to give GameStop my money? It is such a bullshit development this exclusive DLC shit.

Nemesis_

The game discs look pretty crap. But then again I'm just picking at straws here.

I imagined something similar to the Tin Box LE of Dragon Age when they announced this. I still can't really work out how it's all set up going by that photo...

Darklord

Banned
VindicatorZ said:
WTF is this!!! This makes me angrier. I'm reading about some Hammerhead DLC? wtf is this shit

Ok, so the Hammerhead will be available on launch day? And it can be used on the planets that you land on, or only new DLC planets? Ughhh..

Is the Hammerhead like Shale in Dragon Age where you get to download it free with a new copy but have to buy it if you get it used?

koji

DennisK4 said:
Also Pre-order DLC bullshit where different retailers rewards you with different kinds of DLC.
What if I want it all or something from the GameStop DLC but don't wan't to give GameStop my money? It is such a bullshit development this exclusive DLC shit.

Dragon-Age-Origins-Preorder-Contents-500x229.jpg

Never forget.

Foil

EatChildren said:
Even so, how will the Hammerhead Mako be used? If its DLC exclusive then it makes me think it will only work in Mako specific missions, which we can assume will only come with the DLC in the first place.

I'd really like more details. I'm glad we now know something, but its still lack specifics.

No idea. Either it's available for all side planets and people will be handcuffed if they don't buy it, or it only works on a few side planets making it worthless. Doesn't make much sense right now, I wish they would just come out and tell us what's going on.

DennisK4 said:
See all the confusion about DLC? Yeah it is the Devil's invention.

It's pretty sad that in order to get all the extra stuff you need to buy three games including Dragon Age and two different copies of Mass Effect 2 from different stores. People with the CE should have gotten access to all of it as a reward for paying extra. I don't even want to think about how bad they'll nickel and dime us for future DLC.

Hell, isn't there some other armor or something related to buying Dr. Pepper? :lol

Dennis

Banned
I have decided to pre-order the Digital-Deluxe version in the EA Store. Am I going to be missing out on something? Probably - but at this point I no longer care.

Is it so fucking hard to just put out a version of the game that gives me ALL the content?
Call it the No-Bullshit Edition (TM).

Nemesis_

koji said:
Dragon-Age-Origins-Preorder-Contents-500x229.jpg

Never forget.

I've already noticed discrepancies with the Australian LE containing stuff that the others didn't. Man Dragon Age was a bit fuck cluster of DLC everywhere.

I was so confused writing this post that it didn't make sense. =D

S1kkZ

DennisK4 said:
I have decided to pre-order the Digital-Deluxe version in the EA Store. Am I going to be missing out on something? Probably - but at this point I no longer care.

Is it so fucking hard to just put out a version of the game that gives me ALL the content?
Call it the No-Bullshit Edition (TM).

its called gold/classics edition and will be out in 6-9 months.

S1kkZ

DennisK4 said:
could be sooner but i think it will take some time. if you can wait, you will get much more content for a lower price (look at fallout 3 goty edition, fable goty, graw 2classics and so on).

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Ephemeris said:
Casey Hudson Interview - Part 2

Just listened. Good stuff.:D I wonder if
earth
will be DLC or ME3. He sounded like it could go either way.

Less than a week guys!

While the interview revealed no real spoilers, I'd dare say that
earth
will be the final destination of ME3.
He gave me Battlestar Galactica chills thinking about their final goal.

Dennis

Banned
S1kkZ said:
could be sooner but i think it will take some time. if you can wait, you will get much more content for a lower price (look at fallout 3 goty edition, fable goty, graw 2classics and so on).
No can wait. And quite frankly, I shouldn't have too. This is anti-consumer.

whatevermort said:
I have a question: My last run-through of ME was done purely to get the last bit of XP I needed to tip me over the edge, so I only did major missions. I ignored all side missions, pretty much. Does that mean that, if I pick that Shepherd for my ME2 playthrough, the side missions will be treated like I never encountered them? I'm assuming it will, which is... irritating. I might have to play it again now, just to do them all...

You can also use one of the runthroughs before that one for that character, if I'm not mistaken. You can load any endgame save, even if you have a few with the same character.

BenjaminBirdie said:
You can also use one of the runthroughs before that one for that character, if I'm not mistaken. You can load any endgame save, even if you have a few with the same character.

Ah, but then I'll lose the level-gain bonuses. Grrragh.

IZZO

Neo Member
The Wait is killing me.

I called a shop near me and he said they might get it tomorrow.

Good thing they don't care about street date here. :D

I'd say I'm halfway through ME1 (My 5th attempt; in previous attempts, I barely made it pass the initial citadel visit) and I'm actually enjoying the game. Avoiding sidequest, blasting through the main. The only thing that really irks me at this point is the terrible frame-rate. Really looking forward to ME2 at this point though...

I'm totally torn between what class to play through as since they made them all look so awesome in the class vids. Adept... or maybe the vanguard.. or maybe,

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Man, I'm still pissed off that I can't order the CE any more. Next time I'm pre-ordering immediately, even if I don't end up going through with it.

mujun

I will not be fucking happy if the only way you can get a vehicle in this game is DLC. The Asian version of DA:O came with all the serial numbers to get the DLC but because I'm in Japan on a Japanese machine I could not download any of it. Using an alternate U.S or U.K account didn't solve the problem either. Never got to use my Shale because of it.

mujun said:
I will not be fucking happy if the only way you can get a vehicle in this game is DLC. The Asian version of DA:O came with all the serial numbers to get the DLC but because I'm in Japan on a Japanese machine I could not download any of it. Using an alternate U.S or U.K account didn't solve the problem either. Never got to use my Shale because of it.

In Poland, which doesn't have official XBL (although Microsoft Poland brags about XBL all the time and retail sells points and subs like nothing happened), CE of DA:O on X360 didn't get any codes whatsoever. Angry people had to send their receipts to EA to get them.:lol

Agreed, exclusive DLC is B/S.

Dilly

Banned
dejan said:
RPGSite: And that is just about it. Is there anything you want to say to our readers?
Mark: I have to go.

:lol

Anyway, after completing the game with soldier, I started again with Vanguard, Biotic powers ftw :D

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
S1kkZ said:
its called gold/classics edition and will be out in 6-9 months.
This is why RPGs are so annoying this gen. You can be sure there will be a 'complete' edition in stores 12 months later, and at a cheaper price.

So annoying for those who want to play day 1.

Doytch

cjelly said:
This is why RPGs are so annoying this gen. You can be sure there will be a 'complete' edition in stores 12 months later, and at a cheaper price.

So annoying for those who want to play day 1.
Welcome to 10 years ago. Back then they didn't bundle DLC, but expansion packs.

Ephemeris

Caspel said:
While the interview revealed no real spoilers, I'd dare say that
earth
will be the final destination of ME3.
He gave me Battlestar Galactica chills thinking about their final goal.
Yeah, that sounds like a good way to end it off.

Mark: Yes, and I'm thrilled, though I really thought "I have to go" would take off. I think it's practically Shepard's catch-phrase.
So true. :lol

dejan said:
RPGSite: And that is just about it. Is there anything you want to say to our readers?
Mark: I have to go.

I think he has a great voice, I love it in Shepard.
But its awesome also to know he is a cool guy.
Love dubbers that know and remember fondly characters theyve done.

Kyoufu

9 days to go for Europeans! I am currently enjoying the shit out of Dragon Age though so the wait has been very tolerable thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom