• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Overload DLC tomorrow + Demo with a "bonus mission"

In der kostenlosen Demo zusätzlich eine Bonus-Mission erleben

Ab heute können alle Spieler, die bislang noch nicht im Mass Effect 2 Universum zu Hause sind, die faszinierende Sci-Fi Welt von BioWares mehrfach ausgezeichnetem Abenteuer kennenlernen. Eine Demo für Mass Effect 2 findet sich auf Xbox Live und auch für die PC Fans steht ein Download zur Verfügung.

Zum Download der Mass Effect 2 Demo Version

Um das Wissen zur bisherigen Geschichte zu vertiefen, haben die Entwickler ein Video zu Beginn integriert, das die Geschehnisse aufgreift und von Schauspieler Martin Sheen gesprochen wird. Enthalten sind die beiden ersten Missionen des Originalspiels, sowie eine Bonus-Mission. Zunächst hilft man Commander Shepard bei der Flucht von einer belagerten Cerberus Raumstation. Anschließend kann man Subject Zero, eine gefährliche Kriminelle von einem schwer bewachten Gefängnisschiff befreien. Die Demo mit den beiden Missionen und der Bonus-Mission umfasst über 90 Minuten Spielzeit. Die erzielten Erfahrungspunkte, die Entscheidungen innerhalb der Geschichte, sowie alle Achievements und Waffen können gespeichert und in der Vollversion des Spiels wieder aufgegriffen werden.

Story-DLC Overlord erscheint am 15. Juni

Morgen erscheint der Story Download Content Overlord. Fünf neue Gebiete plus zwei neue Achievements sind darin enthalten. Das Game Add On ist für 560 Microsoft-Points bzw. 560 BioWare Punkte für die PC Version zu haben. Am 15. Juni folgt außerdem ein neues Premium-Theme, das engen Bezug zur Raumstation Omega hat, sowie neue Avatar-Items für Xbox Live wenig später am 17. Juni.

Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder und Group General Manager der BioWare Group, Senior Vice President bei Electronic Arts zu Mass Effect 2:

Mass Effect 2 ist eine unserer bisher großartigsten Errungenschaften bei BioWare. Das Mass Effect Team arbeitet weiter daran, dem Versprechen gerecht zu werden, für die treuen Fans neuen, aufregenden Content dem bestehenden Universum hinzuzufügen. Wir sind außerdem hocherfreut, allen Spielern die Chance zu geben, das faszinierende Spiel mit einer kostenlosen Demo kennenzulernen.

Mass Effect 2 ist das am höchsten bewertete Videospiel 2010 und konnte mit über 70 perfekten Review Scores viel Lob ernten. Es ist außerdem das am höchsten bewertete Spiel in der 26-jährigen Firmengeschichte von Electronic Arts, sowie das am zweithöchsten geratete Spiel aller Zeiten für die Xbox Plattform.

Mit dem Kauf des Originalspiels erhalten die Spieler Zugang zum kostenlosen Cerberus Network, wo bereits folgende kostenlose Downloads erhältlich sind:

* Zaeed Massani, ein neues Mitglied für Commander Shepards Crew, das seine eigene Mission verfolgt und zudem im gesamten Abenteuer das Team begleiten kann

* Der Hammerhead, ein schweres Assault Vehikel, der mit fünf neuen, fahrzeugbasierten Missionen vorgestellt wurde

* Neue Waffen: Arc Projector und die M-22 Eviscerater Shotgun

* Neue Panzerung: Cerberus Assault Gear

I think EA germany released this information a bit too early.

Fact:
The new DLC will be available tomorrow for 560MSP/Biowarepoints
The Mass Effect 2 demo contains the Cerberus Station, the Subject Zero recruitment mission and a bonus mission.

Thankfully Chrome has a translate option, fuck!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With trial experience in addition a bonus mission

From today, all players who are not yet in Mass Effect 2 universe at home, the fascinating sci-fi world of BioWare know several excellent adventure. A demo for Mass Effect 2 can be found on Xbox Live and also for the PC fans is a download.

To download the demo version of Mass Effect 2

To deepen the knowledge of recent history, the developers have integrated a video at the beginning, which picks up the events and is spoken by actor Martin Sheen. Included are the first two missions of the original game, plus a bonus mission. First, Commander Shepard helps you to escape from a besieged Cerberus space station. Then you can liberate Subject Zero, a dangerous criminal from a heavily guarded prison ship. The demo with the two bonus missions and the mission includes more than 90 minutes playing time. The achieved experience points, the decisions in history, and all achievements and weapons can be stored and addressed in the full game again.

Story Overlord DLC released on 15 June

Tomorrow the story will appear DLC Overlord. Five new sites plus two new Achievements are included. The Game Add On is for 560 Microsoft Points or 560 points for BioWare to have the PC version. On 15 June also follows a new premium theme, the close connection to the space station has Omega, and new avatar items for Xbox Live a little later on 17 June.

Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder and Group General Manager, BioWare Group, senior vice president at Electronic Arts Mass Effect 2:

Mass Effect 2 is one of our greatest achievements so far at BioWare. The Mass Effect team continues to work to fulfill the promise of adding to the faithful fans new and exciting content to the existing universe. We are also delighted to give all players the chance to experience the fascinating game with a free demo.

Mass Effect 2 is the highest rated video game in 2010 and has more than 70 perfect scores Review reap much praise. It is also the highest rated game in the 26-year history of Electronic Arts, and the second highest rated game ever for the Xbox platform.

With the purchase of the original game, players receive free access to the Network Cerberus, which already following free downloads are available:

* Zaeed Massani, a new member of Commander Shepard's crew, which pursues its own mission and may also accompany the team throughout the adventure

* The Hammerhead, a heavy assault vehicle, which was presented with five new vehicular emissions

* New Weapons: Arc Projector and the M-22 Shotgun eviscerate

* New Armor: Cerberus Assault Gear

Why do you think they released it to early?
And translate it for godsake. Demo is already up and have finished it. It features the first mission and an extra action packed mission. Your save game can be imported to the full game.

I was going to try the demo but I already loved ME1 and Kmart is selling ME2 for $20 this week so I'll probably just pick it up there.

Metalmurphy said:
Can someone translate that?

What's the DLC about?

Chrome did a rough one for me : )

-----------------------------------------------------------

With trial experience in addition a bonus mission

From today, all players who are not yet in Mass Effect 2 universe at home, the fascinating sci-fi world of BioWare know several excellent adventure. A demo for Mass Effect 2 can be found on Xbox Live and also for the PC fans is a download.

To download the demo version of Mass Effect 2

To deepen the knowledge of recent history, the developers have integrated a video at the beginning, which picks up the events and is spoken by actor Martin Sheen. Included are the first two missions of the original game, plus a bonus mission. First, Commander Shepard helps you to escape from a besieged Cerberus space station. Then you can liberate Subject Zero, a dangerous criminal from a heavily guarded prison ship. The demo with the two bonus missions and the mission includes more than 90 minutes playing time. The achieved experience points, the decisions in history, and all achievements and weapons can be stored and addressed in the full game again.

Story Overlord DLC released on 15 June

Tomorrow the story will appear DLC Overlord. Five new sites plus two new Achievements are included. The Game Add On is for 560 Microsoft Points or 560 points for BioWare to have the PC version. On 15 June also follows a new premium theme, the close connection to the space station has Omega, and new avatar items for Xbox Live a little later on 17 June.

Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder and Group General Manager, BioWare Group, senior vice president at Electronic Arts Mass Effect 2:

Mass Effect 2 is one of our greatest achievements so far at BioWare. The Mass Effect team continues to work to fulfill the promise of adding to the faithful fans new and exciting content to the existing universe. We are also delighted to give all players the chance to experience the fascinating game with a free demo.

Mass Effect 2 is the highest rated video game in 2010 and has more than 70 perfect scores Review reap much praise. It is also the highest rated game in the 26-year history of Electronic Arts, and the second highest rated game ever for the Xbox platform.

With the purchase of the original game, players receive free access to the Network Cerberus, which already following free downloads are available:

* Zaeed Massani, a new member of Commander Shepard's crew, which pursues its own mission and may also accompany the team throughout the adventure

* The Hammerhead, a heavy assault vehicle, which was presented with five new vehicular emissions

* New Weapons: Arc Projector and the M-22 Shotgun eviscerate

* New Armor: Cerberus Assault Gear

Prophet Steve said:
Why do you think they released it to early?
And translate it for godsake. Demo is already up and have finished it. It features the first mission and an extra action packed mission. Your save game can be imported to the full game.
I cant find any information on the official english Mass Effect 2 site and no videogame site post a news about it. EA Germany is a bit slower than the others site.

Xapati

Metalmurphy said:
Can someone translate that?

What's the DLC about?

There is nothing of interest. Little more than ME2 is awesome there's now a demo and the DLC will be 560 points and includes five new areas and 2 Achievements. There will also be a new premium theme and new avatar items.

Knowing that the DLC has two new achievements is enough for me. I'm sure I'll get between an hour and half to two hours out of it. And I enjoyed the last paid DLC pack as well. Bioware wins my $7.00 worth of MS points.

Nemesis_

I have. The story is about a VI that's gone haywire.

I rolled my eyes at the story but upon ACTUALLY PLAYING it, it's rather well down and the story is actually quite touching. It feels a lot like Mass Effect 1 too, with there being several locations in a broad open area that is navigated with the Hammerhead. It's quite nice to see what an ME1 style game would've been like with Mass Effect 2's engine / design.

Also, interestingly, I found some parts of the DLC to be quite creepy too.

I'm quite pleased with the DLC. It's pretty lengthy too, I think it took about 2-3 hours to complete, though I may be over-exaggerating.

Top Bottom