• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 pre-E3 video hits tomorrow

FrankT

Just watched tomorrow's new Mass Effect 2 pre-E3 video. ME2 is definitely looking very cool. - Evil Chris

http://twitter.com/biofeed

Go into videos and select the 2nd video.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/teaser/index.html

Hypertrooper said:

Blimblim said:

Spider_Jerusalem said:

Dizzy-4U said:
Sooo awesome! I'm getting a Dead Space vibe...
2d7cvlw.png

WAIT!!!...That's the freaking Normandy!!!!!
4vq1jd.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
i hope they highlight the 'new completely streamed non-elevator based' enviroments.

Mass Errect.

Also, we will get preview update soon. May be after this video.

Just had dinner with some press in town for ME2. Expect cover article stories in the UK and France soon. ps They loved it. - Evil Chris

Witchfinder General said:
I refuse to get excited until Shepard is confirmed to be in the game.

He is in the game. He is not dead.

Mrbob

Hot. I still think ME might edge Fallout 3 as my favorite RPG this gen.

ICallItFutile said:
I liked ME but I'm finding it hard to get excited for this game. Like Bioshock 2, it's just more ME.

?

Of course it will be more ME, but now it should be highly fine tuned. Gameplay will be tighter, there should be more elements. Most importantly, the story will now go on. I really enjoyed the story of Mass Effect, and want to see how it continues.

Lakitu

st5fu
Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
OMG

Today till 18:

Bioshock2
Uncharted 2
Splinter Cell Next
ME2
Next Mgs/project by kojima

what a combo :)

There's more Bioshock 2 stuff? I thought the 9-min video (which was awesome) was it?

itxaka

Defeatist
Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
OMG

Today till 18:

Bioshock2
Uncharted 2
Splinter Cell Next
ME2
Next Mgs/project by kojima

what a combo :)

Awesome. I hope we can see a bit more of DR2 to complete the list

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Mrbob said:
Hot. I still think ME might edge Fallout 3 as my favorite RPG this gen.

?

Of course it will be more ME, but now it should be highly fine tuned. Gameplay will be tighter, there should be more elements. Most importantly, the story will now go on. I really enjoyed the story of Mass Effect, and want to see how it continues.

Just saying it doesn't look like it will innovate much.

Lakitu

st5fu
ICallItFutile said:
Just saying it doesn't look like it will innovate much.

Why? The gameplay needs just a few tweaks, not every game needs to be innovative. But I guess that's what you're into.

Zhuk

Banned
Mass Effect to me is one of the most exciting new IP's this generation, definitely in the top 3 (I even bought the books). I can't wait to see what Bioware have done, and am looking forward to getting my teeth into it.

ShockingAlberto said:
But unlike Bioshock, Mass Effect needs a continuation of the story because it's ongoing.

Also needed a lot of other work. (Loading, side-quests, squad control, etc).

Mass Effect can only get better from here whereas Bioshock they'll most likely mine for $$ and rape it of it's reputation.
Bioshock doesn't need a sequel for any reason beyond masturbatory purposes. So kudos for not being a 'tard.

voltron

My expectations are massively in check on this one. It might have a couple secs of in-engine cinematics, but the rest will be all establishing shots, quick gameplay cuts (possibly) etc.

Fredescu

ICallItFutile said:
I liked ME but I'm finding it hard to get excited for this game. Like Bioshock 2, it's just more ME.
Unlike Bioshock 2 I think there is a lot of scope for improvement with ME2. Side quests and exploration for two. I really hope those things are improved.

Ramenman

voltron said:
My expectations are massively in check on this one. It might have a couple secs of in-engine cinematics, but the rest will be all establishing shots, quick gameplay cuts (possibly) etc.

You're oubviously right. I mean look at the crap cantsheeshitcausewontshowshit vids we sometimes get during E3, I can't even imagine what we'd see in a pre-E3 vid :lol

chandoog said:
i hope they highlight the 'new completely streamed non-elevator based' enviroments.

Is that wishful thinking or the confirmed truth ? If they can pull this off I'll probably have some unfelt before feelings for the men who got the idea.
And please make the game with HDD installation in mind (just don't tell anyone :O).

Top Bottom