• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 PS3 details ("exclusive" interactive comic, all current DLC included)

Pooya

Stallion Free said:
I'm not on a console, so why the fuck am I suffering through their form of the codec.

http://www.radgametools.com/sales.htm
Pricing-wise, we charge on a per-product, per-platform basis. There are no royalties! Buying multiple platforms or multiple products at once will get you big discounts.

Bink Video One Product Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, or Wii: $7500 US
Bink Video One Product Windows, Mac, Linux, PSP, or DS: $6000 US
that's why. for a few thousand dollars! once they encode videos for one platform, devs usually copy/paste those to others, that's how it's been done for this gen from what I've seen.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
K.Jack said:
They group PC with PSP and DS, instead of the consoles?

That's a bullshit, shady ass money grab.
It's per platform. So Bioware has to drop 7500$ on the 360 version and 7500$ on the PS3 version. Or at least that's how it reads to me.

So technically they had to drop 6000$ to use it on the PC release as well.

Tux

"The PS3 version will also feature 3 years worth of engine updates and every patch release for the game."

I'm hoping this means the port becomes less port-like if in fact is wasn't a re-write in the first place; as they seem to be stating.

I mean, is this a port from old 360 code or is a rewrite specifically for the SPUs and Cell?

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but is ME1 being ported to the ps3 a possibility in the future? Played it on the 360, and after reading the first 2 books (Revelation, Ascension) I'd like to give ME1 a playthrough again before tackling the 2nd.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
FindMyFarms said:
I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but is ME1 being ported to the ps3 a possibility in the future? Played it on the 360, and after reading the first 2 books (Revelation, Ascension) I'd like to give ME1 a playthrough again before tackling the 2nd.

Almost certainly never, especially considering ME2 is going to have an interactive comic retelling the events of the first game.

If you've got a decent PC, grab it there.

FindMyFarms said:

IIRC Microsoft published ME1 so they hold the rights to that?

Ricker

Damn,sounds great...I might double dip on this one,play the female Shepard,I heard the voice acting is superb,and try a complete different class from my ME guy on the 360,get some trophies and all...what class is kinda harder to play?

minus_273

Banned
FindMyFarms said:

literally the same chance that halo 3 or super mario galaxy will be on the ps3.

YoungHav

Banned
My brother is letting me borrow his 360 so I'm playing ME1 before the PS3 release of ME2.

Around how many hours long are ME1 and 2?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
YoungHav said:
My brother is letting me borrow his 360 so I'm playing ME1 before the PS3 release of ME2.

Around how many hours long are ME1 and 2?

ME1's main quest is shorter than ME2's if you chose to do just it, but both games can be much longer if you take your time, do side quests, listen to all the dialogue, etc.

Should be looking at ~20 hours for both games, give or take. Both games could be notably longer if you do more.

RedSwirl

EatChildren said:
Almost certainly never, especially considering ME2 is going to have an interactive comic retelling the events of the first game.

If you've got a decent PC, grab it there.

If he's got a PC that can run Mass Effect 1 then he might as well get ME2 on that platform.

Top Bottom