• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Just unlocked a Drell Vanguard. It doesn't have Nova so does anyone have any recommendations for a build?

Build it for ranged combat and weapon damage. Max Pull, max Grenades, maybe (if that) one more point in Charge to reduce the cooldown, but better to put those elsewhere.

Mobility, weak shields, Pull and Grenades all point to a ranged fighter. Use Charge only in emergency situations to get your shields back but *not* as an offensive weapon. Nice change of pace from the standard Vanguard but not as strong.

Ikkarus

When I play as Asari adept I don't fire a single bullet, is that wrong?

It's just I Stasis + Warp = Biotic Explosion everything to oblivion. I might do the odd Warp + Throw just to mix things up a bit or if I am fighting an Atlas, I just never had the need to fire my pistol at all.

All I carry is my pistol and my recharge times are just crazy. Just throwing out biotics left, right and center!

Actually, its much better for gold, where You cant charge in front of enemies :)

I'm personally much better with the Human than Drell, and this holds true with Gold as well. Obviously you don't charge into the middle of mobs, and like I state in my lengthy posts in the previous few pages, you lead in with Nova not Charge.

How do you handle multiple phantoms at once with a drell vanguard?

Cross your fingers and pray. :)

Squall516

This would explain why some of my FB friends that I know like ME aren't showin' up on the list... :/

I'll PM you guys.

Ya man for sure, I've been trying to recruit people from my Fb but no one has responded and dont have many people that have played the demo. So ya if anyone would help me out just let me know and i'll do the same. Also found this when i checked bioware's social network thing ME3 "Reckoner-Knight" is that armor or something i unlocked from playing the KoA:Reckoning demo?

And if anyone wants to play with me my GT is kakashi516 i'm gonna go on soon and play more ^_^

Just gotdkne playing my first full round and I really enjoyed it.

It was like a hoarde mode, and I'm assuming there's other modes.

Mass of War with super powers is what I felt like (that's is nit a derogatory comment)

When I play as Asari adept I don't fire a single bullet, is that wrong?

It's just I Stasis + Warp = Biotic Explosion everything to oblivion. I might do the odd Warp + Throw just to mix things up a bit or if I am fighting an Atlas, I just never had the need to fire my pistol at all.

All I carry is my pistol and my recharge times are just crazy. Just throwing out biotics left, right and center!

Carnifex+Headshot will be faster kill than biotic explosion.

Squall516

I've got two recruit packs so far...one of my friends accepted but hasn't played the demo or registered with origin...

That's awesome! your so lucky lol. I havnt had anyone accept it yet lol T_T if you want to add me on facebook we can both accept the request and get packs ^_^

Squall516

You can't recruit people who already have the app opened.

So if someone currently has the app open on a page in the browser then when u search for their name in the recruit list it wont show up to add them? damn thats stupid as hell lol. But anyway ya i mean if anyone wants to add me then just let me know

PBalfredo

Do the Phantoms have a ranged attack? I think they do, but I can't tell for the life of me what it is. Sometimes I would just see a Phantom charging me and before she reaches me, I die.

So far the best class I've played is the human engineer. Engy can handle anything thrown at them. Chain Overload to take down shields. Incinerate against armor to shut down defenseless opponents. Combat Drone is perfect for getting Guardians and Atlas' to turn around. I think they don't have as much health as some other classes, but in every other respect, they're perfect.

rozay

Banned
So if someone currently has the app open on a page in the browser then when u search for their name in the recruit list it wont show up to add them? damn thats stupid as hell lol. But anyway ya i mean if anyone wants to add me then just let me know
You have to recruit someone who hasn't added the app to their facebook ever.

Croc

Banned
Yessss I just unlocked the Carnifex. Now to take it for a spin and see if it's better than my almost fully upgraded Phalanx.

So far the best class I've played is the human engineer. Engy can handle anything thrown at them. Chain Overload to take down shields. Incinerate against armor to shut down defenseless opponents. Combat Drone is perfect for getting Guardians and Atlas' to turn around. I think they don't have as much health as some other classes, but in every other respect, they're perfect.

I agree, they're the only one that I've tried that I feel fully comfortable playing with cause I can take down anything that comes my way.

exYle

Do the Phantoms have a ranged attack? I think they do, but I can't tell for the life of me what it is. Sometimes I would just see a Phantom charging me and before she reaches me, I die.
Yeah, it's similarly overpowered. The Phantom has some sort of biotic hand cannon. I'm not even joking - on her non-sword hand, there's a receptacle in her palm. It's like straight out of Dragon Ball Z.

Squall516

Ya im pretty sure the phantoms have this crazy shot they, from what it looks to me shoot out of their hands, practically one shot takes out your shields its pretty jacked. As for the engineer and having played all the classes I'd have to say that by themselves they are probably the weakest and bottom tier imo. They do very well in a full group and are great as a support but when ranking them I wouldn't put them above Vanguard, Adept, infiltrator, or sentinel so..

Squall516

You have to recruit someone who hasn't added the app to their facebook ever.

that is complete bs and the stupidest thing i have ever heard of lol. What a dumb policy. Practically everyone i know that is playing the demo and would do this seems to already have signed up for it. So that means friends cant add each other and help out...thats really dumb. I wanted my packs lol >_<

Ya im pretty sure the phantoms have this crazy shot they, from what it looks to me shoot out of their hands, practically one shot takes out your shields its pretty jacked. As for the engineer and having played all the classes I'd have to say that by themselves they are probably the weakest and bottom tier imo. They do very well in a full group and are great as a support but when ranking them I wouldn't put them above Vanguard, Adept, infiltrator, or sentinel so..

Its kinda the same like the golden pistole with the huge damage output. :) 30 packs later and i still didnt get my widowmaker :(

Squall516

Its kinda the same like the golden pistole with the huge damage output. :) 30 packs later and i still didnt get my widowmaker :(

ya im pretty pissed i have 3 chars about lvl 20 and i have opened to many packs and i haven't unlocked any good weps really. No carnifax, or widow, or revenant, or claymore T_T the only good things i have unlocked so far is that i got an asari adept, and salarian infiltrator, thats pretty much it. Everything else has just bee like rank V or tempest and katana. Im like nnooo i want better weapons already lol >_< lol i hope the drop rate is better in the final

I'm curious, how high can you level in MP and how many points do you have to spend?

And ya i've been cruous about this too. I think for the demo the highest lvl is 20 but im wondering if they will raise that for the final game. Guess we will have to wait and see

Riposte

I have to commend the mulitplayer for having such an devilishly addictive grinding design, but I think that is what makes it a lesser game. Mechanics seem pretty iffy altogether, but the difficulty and slight enemy variety makes me hopeful for the campaign.

EDIT: Also EA getting everyone on multiple platforms to sign up for Origin in order to play the multiplayer demo. Sneaky...

Violet_0

Banned
How do you handle multiple phantoms at once with a drell vanguard?

no character can handle multiple phantoms :eek:

Yeah, it's similarly overpowered. The Phantom has some sort of biotic hand cannon. I'm not even joking - on her non-sword hand, there's a receptacle in her palm. It's like straight out of Dragon Ball Z.

Typically, they can bring me down from full health + shield to nearly no health by firing that thing twice, it's pretty crazy.

rozay

Banned
no character can handle multiple phantoms :eek:

Typically, they can bring me down from full health + shield to nearly no health by firing that thing twice, it's pretty crazy.
I have no problem doing so with human vanguards or asari adepts. I'm pretty sure an infiltrator would live as well.

Violet_0

Banned
Asari Adepts seem to do pretty well.

well, one, maybe two if she gets lucky. I've seen too many die during wave 8-10 in gold due to phantom spam though. And once the team's Asari Adept is down for good and you are trapped with multiple phantoms in a tiny corridor, it's over, in my experience. Still haven't beaten gold, I guess I'll save that for the final game.

I have no problem doing so with human vanguards or asari adepts. I'm pretty sure an infiltrator would live as well.

Phantoms and Atlas-mechs have the uncanny ability to sense invisible infiltrators, and combined with the phantom's melee attack radius, it can be really difficult to get out of a corridor alive when trapped.

rozay

Banned
Yeah it's extremely hard. If you aren't rolling/running/charging/novaing/just dodging while they're coming at you, you're finished.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
well, one, maybe two if she gets lucky. I've seen too many die during wave 8-10 in gold due to phantom spam though. And once the team's Asari Adept is down for good and you are trapped with multiple phantoms in a tiny corridor, it's over, in my experience. Still haven't beaten gold, I guess I'll save that for the final game.

Phantoms and Atlas-mechs have the uncanny ability to sense invisible infiltrators, and combined with the phantom's melee attack radius, it can be damn hard to get out of a corridor alive when trapped.

We managed to get to Wave 10 on gold last night on Noveria . Asari Adept, Krogan Soldier, Human Vanguard with a sniper and Salarian Infiltrator. We probably could have beaten it, but the mission we received was one of the "activate 4 items". The first one was right by our camping spot on the corner platform by the landing pad, but the second one was in the room on the bottom floor of the far side of the map. We tried to push our way through, but we got caught and surrounded by 5 phantoms at one time.

Up until that point we had been doing very well. Didn't have our first person go down until wave 7 and we still had 6 of 8 rockets. We did have a close call on wave 8 where only my adept was left standing against 2 phantoms, an atlas and 2 guardians, but I managed to get through that with some luck and a lot of stasis bubbles.

It seems like Noveria is easier to do gold on. The tighter areas leave much less room for enemies to charge in and prevents them all from firing on you the moment you stick your head out of cover.

PBalfredo

Phantoms and Atlas-mechs have the uncanny ability to sense invisible infiltrators, and combined with the phantom's melee attack radius, it can be really difficult to get out of a corridor alive when trapped.

Guardians seem to have that ability too. If I'm with another player I can stealth behind a Guardian no problem, but if I run into one on my own and use Cloak to try to get behind him, he turns to face as if he can see me clear as day.

Ok, vanguard seriously needs to be nerfed or something has to be done.

Just joined a match and 2 other guys were vanguards. I was a sentinel and the other guy was a soldier.

The two vanguards were literally spamming charge to every enemy and hitting them with nova before us other two could even get to any of them and score some points...wtf mang.

Just joined a match and 2 other guys were vanguards. I was a sentinel and the other guy was a soldier.

The two vanguards were literally spamming charge to every enemy and hitting them with nova before us other two could even get to any of them and score some points...wtf mang.

What difficulty level? I barely see any Vanguards do that in Gold.

Violet_0

Banned

just wait until you watch them die on gold all the time :)

or turrets, they especially love turrets

Mindlog

2H6tt.png

Closing out a round while everyone watches should be worth some extra credits.

Tess3ract

Banned

Welcome to the Vanguard class.

just wait until you watch them die on gold all the time :)

or turrets, they especially love turrets

Turrets are the devil, that being said I still mop the floor with my Vanguard on Gold. Nova becomes far less useful, but with good a heavy pistol and headshots I do well enough.

Squall516

2H6tt.png

Closing out a round while everyone watches should be worth some extra credits.

hahaha that's awesome. Ya I just got my hum vanguard to 20 and made it's soo beastly. My build is redic! I can like almost solo silver lol. It is pretty easy to ks unless your playing with like infiltrator or someone else with sniper then they just freakin shoot the shit out of stuff before i even get to them. It gets frustrating as hell sometimes lol

Moaradin

I don't know.. Stasis is probably the best skill in the game, but isn't it more support? Human vanguard is so good because of the charge + nova synergy. Not sure if the Asari vanguard will top it in terms of pure damage and survivability.

The Stasis bubble + AOE charge + Biotic Explosion should be crazy though.

Moaradin

Stasis bubble is amazing. I think having one for Gold is pretty much required. This is all based on Cerberus enemies of course. Who knows what type of tactics will be optimal for the other enemy types.

Mindlog

It gives the asari an emergency shield regen. Small jumps.
In theory anyway.

I got to wave 9 gold with another PU group. People are getting good, but I'm about done for a week. Finally managed to headbutt an Atlas with a Krogan. Gillian would be proud.
Is Stasis bubble the way to go instead of the alternative upgrade path?
100%
Odds are you will be trying to block an incoming group of phantoms. Not just one. The bubble is perfect for that.

Ikkarus

Stasis bubble is amazing. I think having one for Gold is pretty much required. This is all based on Cerberus enemies of course. Who knows what type of tactics will be optimal for the other enemy types.

It's pretty much a must for Gold. I have only reached Wave 7 in Gold but stasis is pretty much crowd control and you'll definitely need it when you have multiple phantoms heading your way, it's the only thing that can stop them in their tracks.

rozay

Banned
So I tried the revenant for the first time with a soldier on bronze.

I gotta say, as fucking terrible at killing enemies as this gun is, there's something satisfying about unloading 216 rounds at once.

Top Bottom