• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Getting the hang of Geth Bruce Lee (6/6/6/0/6.) 150k vs Cerberus Gold on Giant. I can't recall why I wasted so much time with Geth Gold White. On average my clear time with randoms is faster on random maps vs random enemies.

I use a little more equipment on random Gold, but I'm well supplied thanks to those Jumbo Equipment Packs.

In comparison the 'Premium' Spectre Packs have proven to be pretty useless to me. I'm tempted to stop getting them and just start saving in case they decide to release Mega-Premium-Spectre Packs one day.

Edgeward

How did you contact them? I still haven't got mine. Did you email or call or some form online? What did you say?

Help.ea.com

Just select contact us, select the game and then any category until the live chat option to click on. Wait a couple minutes, then someone should get to you. Explain you beat the squad goal for the weekend event and didnt get your commendation pack. They will ask for you Origin email and first and last name and you should be good to go.

Getting the hang of Geth Bruce Lee (6/6/6/0/6.) 150k vs Cerberus Gold on Giant. I can't recall why I wasted so much time with Geth Gold White. On average my clear time with randoms is faster on random maps vs random enemies.

I use a little more equipment on random Gold, but I'm well supplied thanks to those Jumbo Equipment Packs.

In comparison the 'Premium' Spectre Packs have proven to be pretty useless to me. I'm tempted to stop getting them and just start saving in case they decide to release Mega-Premium-Spectre Packs one day.

Yeah the jumbo equip packs were a god send. Also, the premium spectre packs have given me nothing decent, i think ill just stick with the regular spectre ones.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, i finally got my Arc Pistol X. At least i wont get it anymore in packs, and maybe i'll have a chance to get Carnifex above I.

Still, its a nice pistol, so im gonna use it until Carnifex gets higher ranks.

X-Frame

I'm curious what the first and probably only MP patch is going to include. The longer the hold off the more stuff they will discover which pushes the patch back even more. And in that time they could've just sent 2 or 3 patches out.

Been 2 months and there's tons of issues.

moop1167

Got the N-7 Crusader in my Commendation Pack... why would I ever use this? It weighs a metric ton. Sigh, wish I had gotten a Valiant or something.

I'm curious what the first and probably only MP patch is going to include. The longer the hold off the more stuff they will discover which pushes the patch back even more. And in that time they could've just sent 2 or 3 patches out.

Been 2 months and there's tons of issues.

Every patch that you have to download costs the developer $40,000, courtesy of MS. Don't know about Sony or PC. That's why they're waiting to address the most amount of issues possible.

Fake Edit: Fuck yes. Contacted EA for no Commendation pack via instant messaging. Got it up less than 5 minutes later. Hello 5 medigel and N7 Valiant I YESSSS.

Bisnic

Every patch that you have to download costs the developer $40,000, courtesy of MS. Don't know about Sony or PC. That's why they're waiting to address the most amount of issues possible.

Fake Edit: Fuck yes. Contacted EA for no Commendation pack via instant messaging. Got it up less than 5 minutes later. Hello 5 medigel and N7 Valiant I YESSSS.

Considering the amount of bugs this game have(both on single player and multiplayer), this is going to take a while...

Lady and gentlemen. I'm all happy to announce that I have finally all common, uncommon and gold weapons in the game at level X.

I am now missing a billion ultra rares and basically all specials.

My next objectives are : filling up my characters cards, getting a Saber, a Black Widow and a Paladin. Then, be lucky enough to get a Valiant soon in a week end.

rozay

Banned
Lady and gentlemen. I'm all happy to announce that I have finally all common, uncommon and gold weapons in the game at level X.

My next objectives are : filling up my characters cards, getting a Saber, a Black Widow and a Paladin. Then, be lucky enough to get a Valiant soon in a week end.
Bold ambitions, my friend.

Cobra84

Enjoy your endless character cards and maxing out the Scorpion before getting any other ultra rares.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A gun that sounds as bad ass as the saber doesn't deserve a :| face

Its not... BAD. Especially at IV, the weight reduction makes it a lot more practical and its a fucking cannon.

Its just that I'd expect a lot fucking more from the Ultra Rare of ARs. May as well just have it change slots with the Revenant.

Stantron

Hope someone knows this.... So for the Geth Infiltrator, do all of the % power damage upgrades apply to the % of weapon damage from taking the first shot while in tactical cloak? It's not clear to me.

Chocobro

Finally unlocked the GI, now I just need some builds.

I also got two Wraiths in a row :< I want a Saber instead god dammit.

EDIT: Which build should I go for: Geth Grenadier, melee build, or shotgun? I can't try them all out because I don't have time to level them up and I don't want to use the respec cards (I want those out of the pool).

Sai

Any 360 users playing right now? I'd appreciate an invite. Past few games, I've been partied up with people that just don't seem to know what they're doing on Gold... And they have high N7 ratings too!

Felt like wasting time and precious equipment.

Its not... BAD. Especially at IV, the weight reduction makes it a lot more practical and its a fucking cannon.

Its just that I'd expect a lot fucking more from the Ultra Rare of ARs. May as well just have it change slots with the Revenant.
What would you change about it? With a stability mod, I loved using it in single player&#8212;it's ferocious.

I haven't unlocked one in multiplayer yet, and the fact that you're complaining about it at level IV makes me want to hit you. :p

DY_nasty

Hope someone knows this.... So for the Geth Infiltrator, do all of the % power damage upgrades apply to the % of weapon damage from taking the first shot while in tactical cloak? It's not clear to me.
Power damage doesn't affect weapon damage or the cloak weapon damage bonus.
What would you change about it? With a stability mod, I loved using it in single player—it's ferocious.

I haven't unlocked one in multiplayer yet, and the fact that you're complaining about it at level IV makes me want to hit you. :p
It should come with penetration like the Widow and Javelin if nothing else. Its nice, but against bigger mobs in Gold it just doesn't stand up like it should. Either the weight should drop, or it should get the added AP.

DY_nasty

Penetration would suit it, considering it's power 'n kick.
Yeah. It'd make it a lot more practical... even though its great. It's probably amazing at X too.

Btw, just got a Scorpion after 9 straight character cards! (Almost) WORTH IT

Why the fuck does it weigh so much!?

AlStrong

The game hangs on the menu screen if you are online or signed in, so no multiplayer and no saved games on your profile.

Some people have had success with work arounds and others like myself haven't. Bioware has been awful about addressing the community:

Tried re-installing the game?

Sai

Does anybody ever get what they want when they purchase a spectre pack?
afro-shaking-head-no.gif

DY_nasty

Carnifex is pretty much my go to pistol of choice. I just wish I still used classes that required pistols :/

And I officially hate Condor whenever I'm not playing with my OP Dethfiltrator class. Shit is so not adept friendly...

DY_nasty

These Premium Spectre Packs are making me aaaaangrrryyyyyyyy
I got enough character packs to promote two separate classes last night...

On another note... Hunter Mode + Movement Bonus Armor Mod = NINJA MODE

Replicant

Fucking useless EA. We kept getting disconnected from the server (PS3). Thankfully it's always during 1st or 2nd wave so nothing of value was lost but FIX THIS SHIT, EA!!!

Its insane huh? I tried thst combo and it was like I was in speed and everyone was just normal. Shame his shields dont cut it :/

Gui_PT

I have to try that.

I'm playing as a Salarian Infiltrator now. Anyone know the best way to upgrade my proximity mine?

DY_nasty

Its insane huh? I tried thst combo and it was like I was in speed and everyone was just normal. Shame his shields dont cut it :/
I just stick to Gold and firmly trust/believe in the 3 shot policy for all characters and classes. You will be dead in 3 shots.

With that kind of speed on an Infiltrator you can dominate any map and set up for any situation. I prefer that mod over Power Efficiency now... Its ridiculous how fast you can cover ground in a sprint and if you have host you can damn near circle strafe most enemies.
I have to try that.

I'm playing as a Salarian Infiltrator now. Anyone know the best way to upgrade my proximity mine?

Go for damage/20% damage increase from all attacks/damage.

Radius is nice to have, but not necessary. Slowing targets down is like... they'd slow down a lot faster if they're dead and that 20% can mean a lot.

Having a proximity mine that hits hard for decent damage can also help set off Tech Bursts and other explosions.

Mindlog

These Premium Spectre Packs are making me aaaaangrrryyyyyyyy
I have a hard time learning things so I opened one more pack this morning. 5 Thermal clips... Assault Rifle III... Stabilization III (useful!) and two Krogans (Sentinel/Soldier) just smiling at me. I know they're trolling me. One useful item for 99,000 credits. No thank you.

I've decided I'm done with them until new DLC hits. The number of character cards I get makes Premium Spectre Packs far less appealing than Jumbo Equipment Packs.

Javelin IV
M-358 Talon I
Scorpion Pistol
M-99 Saber III
Black Widow I
Wraith II
M-77 Paladin I
That's what my Ultra-Rare list is staying at.

DY_nasty

The Ultra Rares seem to be fucking amazing once they get leveled, but after all the trouble to get them... fucking geez

It makes more sense for them just to be scaled to a 1-5 growth instead of 1-10 for sheer practicality. I don't even have an incentive to use them because all of my other weapons are at X and simply better all-around at this stage of the game.

Bisnic

The Ultra Rares seem to be fucking amazing once they get leveled, but after all the trouble to get them... fucking geez

It makes more sense for them just to be scaled to a 1-5 growth instead of 1-10 for sheer practicality. I don't even have an incentive to use them because all of my other weapons are at X and simply better all-around at this stage of the game.

Black Widow X and Paladin X must be monsters. Too bad i will never get that.

DY_nasty

Black Widow X and Paladin X must be monsters. Too bad i will never get that.

A Scorpion X should be the Engineer's best and only true friend. It'd be lighter than the Falcon and Striker and able to control crowds at a better level because of the proximity mine-esque feature. Add in Ammo Mods and it should be a Tech Burst/Explosion machine between Incinerate, Overload, Cryo Blast, and Turret Shenanigans.

Bisnic

Yeah... i just tried playing Engineer with a N7 Hurricane and a N7 Eagle.

Never again. Not having an accurate and powerful weapon for long range sucks. :lol Didn't help that i was in the Hydra map.

DY_nasty

Yeah... i just tried playing Engineer with a N7 Hurricane and a N7 Eagle.

Never again. Not having an accurate and powerful weapon for long range sucks. :lol Didn't help that i was in the Hydra map.
The Hurricane is a flamethrower. It'll tear down an Atlas faster than anything else at its weight. Throw a stabilizer on it if you need to. It's definitely a close to mid-range weapon though.

The Eagle, however, is fucking terrible. An irredeemable pile of garbage.

What I wouldnt give for heavy weapon usage somehow in multi. I.e. geth spitfire.

Im giving up on using real money for spectre packs or premiums...i just get so much useless shit. I want a pack with a carnifex, a paladin and a black widow set of upgrades. That would make me happy.

Bisnic

The Hurricane is a flamethrower. It'll tear down an Atlas faster than anything else at its weight. Throw a stabilizer on it if you need to. It's definitely a close to mid-range weapon though.

The Eagle, however, is fucking terrible. An irredeemable pile of garbage.

But the Hurricane is a SMG, how can i put a stabilizer on a SMG if there is no such mod for them? Unless you're talking about the heat sink?

Top Bottom