• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 SPOILER THREAD: LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness. So let me get this straight.

Many years ago, some race was all like "Damn, organics are gonna make robots that will kill everyone in the galaxy. Let's do something to stop that, because apparently we just know everything. Here, let's make our own robots who will kill everything, thus preventing those future organics from pretty much doing what we did."

So then they made the reapers, who were then all like "Whelp, looks like we have to kill our creators because our very existence proves what they wanted to stop." The reapers then proceed to laser everyone, all while I can only imagine the creators were highfiving each other and doing the twist for a job well done.

Then the reapers figured to just let species keep advancing, even though it would probably just be easier to wipe everything out once and for all.

So because some asshat race thought they damn well knew everything, they condemned god knows how many species to die. That's just stupid. GG Bioware, hell of a story.
Well, we don't know if the creator of the Reapers were wiped out by the Reapers. I'm guessing the creators of the Reapers uploaded their minds into the machines. That's just an assumption which leads to me ask, why do they melt down people's DNA and then kill them in the process to make Reapers. Why didn't they take all those colonists in the Collector Base and upload their consciousness into the Reaper-Larvae AND AFTERWARDS melt their DNA down to make Reaper? This way their preserving the people in both mind, body and soul.

Reapers all damn worried about races making AIs but guide those races down that path in the first place and then wipe them out. For what? So they can make sure technologically races somewhere deep in the galaxy doesn't get pushed over by the other's AIs? Then why build Mass Relays. Those AIs wouldn't even be able to get there and by the time they figured it out, said underdeveloped race may be advanced enough to take them on anyhow. Seems like the Reapers are creating a mess they have to clean up.

But yeah, most people here seem to be as baffled as I am with all this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait, does that include saving her from exile via the Super-Paragon "this trial is a sham" option?
I presume that gives you the 2 points?

Well, it depends, you can still get peace in a pure "paragon path", it's a little more difficult, but you gain more assets I think (more geth troops).

For example the best result in the Genophage arc is the pure Renegade path.

Wrex dead + Eve dead (by destroying maelon's cure) + Sabotage the cure =

Full salarian support (given the sabotage) + Krogan support (by deceiving Wreav to think you actually cured the genophage) + Mordin alive to help with the Crucible

I guess that can be potentially interesting. But I think what will happen is that people will be confused by how all these systems add up - much like the whole "who survives ME2 equation" that screwed people up.

Tookay

Does this remind anyone else of Gurren Lagann? It sounds basically the same but less good because Shepard doesn't murder all of the Reapers with a drill.

There are similarities yes.

Though GL's ending is awesome and in keeping with the themes of the show. This... ehhh...

At least the space battle is cool.

It's nowhere near as bizarre, meta, or arguably post-modern. I just found it amusingly similar to EoE because it ends in a WELL EVERYTHING IS FUCKED ultimatum.

Ah, doesn't sound quite as fun. I had only played a little bit of 1 and I would have loved to have seen how it went from that to him to combining everyones souls and sitting on a beach of blood asking "what is life?". Or at least some 2001 space baby stuff. Just something so out there would have been really fun, and probably not that bad of an out for all the bioware writers who are constantly called shit (while 99% call it the worst story ever).

BTW, what's all this SPACE MAGIC referring to regarding the merging ending? Are you saying that the ending where organics and synthetics merge is not explained. That all of a sudden, out of nowhere, organics and synthetics just become one with no reasoning behind how it happens?

Flipyap

2. Control ending: Shepard uses the Catalyst to take control of the Reapers.
3. Synthesis ending: Shepard uses the Catalyst to merge organic and synthetic life, ending the cycle once and for all, through the power of SPACE MAGIC.
So, what do these mean exactly?
You take control of them and... then what? Make them fly away to return later? Keep them as pets?
What does "merge" mean here? The Reapers harvest everyone, so they can live on inside a space cuttlefish?

Whaaa...

Tookay

BTW, what's all this SPACE MAGIC referring to regarding the merging ending? Are you saying that the ending where organics and synthetics merge is not explained. That all of a sudden, out of nowhere, organics and synthetics just become one with no reasoning behind how it happens?

The Catalyst fires out a green energy beam to all the mass relays and they somehow merge organic life with synthetics because that's what lasers do. You see a scene with Joker and the others crashed, emerging from the ship and having glowing eyes. That's all I've gathered from BSN's meltdown, haven't seen that ending for myself.

So Shepard doesn't engulf himself in pure energy and beat the Reaper king to death?

Lame.

If only.

So, what do these mean exactly?
You take control of them and... then what? Make them fly away to return later? Keep them as pets?
What does "merge" mean here? The Reapers harvest everyone, so they can live on inside a space cuttlefish?

Whaaa...

The ending on Youtube I saw (that's been removed by EA) only showed the destroy ending, but the Catalyst explains that if you choose "control" the Reapers will obey Shepard, so he can use them for good presumably and end the war that way.

Merge means simply that all organics have synthetics given to them through the mass relays. I'm just as confused as you all are about how that works.

Flipyap

Well one guy said you get a pic with heavy lens flare and the other guy just says she takes off her mask. Neither say what you can see of if you can see anything.
I saw a clip on youtube where Tali took off her mask ME2-style, with her back to the camera. Then she turns around and the camera switches angles, showing her back again.
It's ridiculous. It's like a running joke by now.

Phthisis

Well one guy said you get a pic with heavy lens flare and the other guy just says she takes off her mask. Neither say what you can see of if you can see anything.

You get a still photo of her. She looks kind of like an elf from Lord of the Rings, actually. Dark hair, pointy ears.

Thoraxes

I hope grandpa was visceral when telling his grandchild about all the gay sex, murder, and suicide.

It's totally not a bedtime story. I did think it was neat how he became "The Shepard" though, like a watcher over mankind.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I was really hoping Tali would end being some hideous monster, just for hilarity's sake.

I know someone asked last page, but I didn't see an answer. What role does Miranda play in this game?

Desi

Does this remind anyone else of Gurren Lagann? It sounds basically the same but less good because Shepard doesn't murder all of the Reapers with a drill.

That is what I was expecting to happen. That or some Xenogears, dues on a floppy disc reincarnation shiz.

edit: Tali looks...the prize. Still would have preferred some creepy Lain like tubing coming from her face.

K.Sabot

imgres

Hmmm.

rybrad

Wow these spoilers are all amazing lol. Glad I am waiting on a sale and can't wait to see the rage over the endings in full force this week!

Wow these spoilers are all amazing lol. Glad I am waiting on a sale and can't wait to see the rage over the endings in full force this week!
I read about the endings a few days ago on the BSN. I was anticipating this thread because after seeing everything there, I knew to expect a good deal rage here on GAF. eatingpopcorn.gif

K.Sabot

Every time I see the ME3 OT and the Spoiler OT right by one another, I smile because some unlucky son of a gun is gonna click this one.

really happy that despite living in sealed suits and tight-fitting helmets for most of their lives, quarians still like to grow long flowing locks of hair, which they maintain and clean regularly

So at least we know the Quarians look almost exactly like us.

The asari looking like humans is already cliche enough. Well, it's fine, they can fulfill the "rubber forehead aliens" and "sexy humanoid aliens" tropes in one species. But now we find out that the Quarians, who have been a mystery for the longest time, looks almost exactly like humans except with chicken-like features, and Tali, who is the subject of a lot of drooling fandom, looks exactly like a human girl, instead of something more alien, thus securing the Talimancer fandom for all time.

This is the most beautiful cop out.

Atilac

tali's face in a picture frame; she supposedly gives it to after she kill herselfs if you fail to retake her planet.

0HLuO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom