• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 SPOILER THREAD: LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Does kind of make sense that the red ending is the Canon ending as it destroys the reapers and explains why Joker ran away with the Normandy (to save EDI).

Totally doesn't make sense in terms of, theres no way my Shepard would have done that. But I can see why they'd add that extra snippet to that ending indicating that it's the one they'll go forward with.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's a damn shame that we overtook and reached 20k before the "main" thread.

Good ending or not, it was to be expected the more and more people beated the game and wanted to discuss everything without spoiler bars all over the place.

Good ending or not, it was to be expected the more and more people beated the game and wanted to discuss everything without spoiler bars all over the place.
True. I didn't want to be hassled with using the spoiler tags and I definitely know some were too enraged to deal with them.

Still, the fact that we reached 20k in just a couple of weeks is pretty insane

K' Dash

Does kind of make sense that the red ending is the Canon ending as it destroys the reapers and explains why Joker ran away with the Normandy (to save EDI).

Totally doesn't make sense in terms of, theres no way my Shepard would have done that. But I can see why they'd add that extra snippet to that ending indicating that it's the one they'll go forward with.

I don't want the Geth to be destroyed, they have unique personalities and Legion's death would have been in vain, fuck that.

rififi

1. Ran out of time, had to rush the ending.
2. EA's insistence to make ME3 an entry point to the series resulted in scaled back ending production such as low prioritisation of save imports.
3. Ego and bad writing from Walters and Hudson caused them to craft and ending inconsistent with fan expectations.
4. Poor project management lost sight of
the ending importance.

Pick one out more of the above.

EDIT: I hope this thread has a better ending than ME3.

I'm sorry, I don't think I can make a decision without the corresponding colors.

inky

The ending was finalized in november....NOVEMBER!

There are tweets or an article where Hudson or Walters stated that they didn't finalize the ending until the end of production.

Then they are nuts. I mean, it makes sense because it's only a few lines of dialogue and some cheap animation put together and just recolored, but before I played the game I was expecting they went balls out with it, like make it a 4 hour ending sequence where everyone plays a different role, much like the suicide mission but in a grander scale. I was expecting some of those decisions meant some companions died making sure you got there, maybe even one or to thrown against you if you pissed them off too much (like Wrex and the destroying of the genophage) or were controlled by the enemy (geth).

I was seriously expecting the worst renegade ending to be this action sequence where using the eezo cores of every major ship to destroy the citadel meant every reaper got destroyed as well, together with a couple of planetary systems or something, while the paragon would be some sort of battle of wits where you could talk the reapers out of it or have some deep discussion about it all... but no, it had to be high level.

Edit: FACK, there's already a new thread. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom