• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 4 'In The Middle' of Development

EA's focus will be on Dragon Age for sure, but I expect a CG teaser for Mass Effect 4. I'd also very much like to see Mirror's Edge again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Remember: Inquisition and Mass Effect 4 are not the only games deep into development at BioWare.

Say it ain't so. Where will we get all our dirt and (lots of) speculation (for everybody) from?

I'd be hard pressed to truly stay away for more than a minute.

injurai

Banned
I hope they take their time and get it right.

ME4: Great game start of a new chapter for a new generation.
ME5: Gimmicks to keep people coming back.
ME6: Lauded greatest achievement ever, yet releases a year after ME5. Features a 24-bit spectrum of endings.

Renekton

I hope they go balls deep in the character creation for aliens for multiplayer. I'd love to be able to choose different krogan hump and crest sizes, armors and weapon mods. Also bring back chemical rounds.
Hell, just make melee viable.

Fk sync-kills and trading melee damage for survivability.

Awesome! I love Mass Effect. Enjoyed Mass Effect 3 quite a bit, but only played through it once. Though, I'm sure that will change by the time Mass Effect 4 is nearing release. Really hoping that Mass Effect 4 resembles the original Mass Effect, most -- looking forward to seeing it in action, regardless!

Mindlog

Straw that broke the Krogan's hump.

Played some ME3 MP for the first time in I can't remember.

It's still really good. Had a great time picking out random builds. It's funny that after all this time still had no problem starting up a game quickly. It's even funnier that there are still new people playing @_@ I ran into a few die hard vets and plenty of newer players. Very few in between.

Played soldier 3 times. Regular Turian with an Adas, Turian Havoc with a Lancer, and Batarian with a Raider. ... Every session felt very different.

Almost makes me wish that instead of a main character ME:Next was about the squad. At any point you could jump into any character to advance the plot and complete missions.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Will be awesome to see and finally play!

If VGX isn't on TV like it was this year (and it won't be), there's not a chance in hell it's getting the ME (not) 4 trailer. The only reason it got the high profile games was due to the fact it was reaching a "mainstream" audience.

Hah, I bet Geoff didn't see the publishers backing the hell out of the VGA's, or VGX. Specially Sony: "Oh no, The Order is not ready to be shown"; last minute. Ouch.

Anyway, I might expect it in Gamescom, maybe? E3 seems strange timing to me, since Dragon Age wouldn't have been released by then.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Mass Effect: Multiplayer
I'm in.

Hk1CRK4.jpg
YUP! If it's anything like the ME3 MP, I will dive back in balls-deep.

Patryn

So is the Original Trilogy HD coming before or after?

That was a rumor from a store that has a long history of putting up bullshit entries in the system. It may or may not be coming, but it's nearly as far from confirmed as existing as possible.

Just show some trailer or gameplay!!!! Or a screen, anything!!!

I expect a very short teaser this E3 much like the one we got for Battlefront last year. Then we will hear almost nothing else about it until after DAI comes out, if not next year.

EA's focus will be on Dragon Age for sure, but I expect a CG teaser for Mass Effect 4. I'd also very much like to see Mirror's Edge again.

I wonder if we'll get any info or a trailer at E3

If ban bets were still a thing, I would have been willing to take a week ban bet that they show absolutely goddamn nothing at E3. They may speak words about it, but I'd be shocked if we saw screen one before Dragon Age is out.

It's still way too far out. As I've been saying, I don't see it coming for practically another 2 years.

Akai__

I need some "in the middle" of development concept art pictures or something else, that makes it a less pain, to wait for this game.

I can't wait to see what they pull off with the Frostbite Engine. Really hoping they would have Second Son quality facial animations but I know I'm asking for too much there :(

One of my favourite series, very happy they are making a new game! Hopefully they explore some more of the lore there is so much potential there.

Patryn

I wonder how many of the EA Star Wars games we will see at E3, CG or otherwise.

Probably depends on how connected they are to the new trilogy. If they're super connected (and I can see them as being so), then I doubt we see anything substantial until we see actual stuff from the film. I doubt Disney wants to let another company give away major stuff, such as the visual look or the premise.

Of course, if it's KOTOR3 (oh god, please please please) then all bets are off.

Probably depends on how connected they are to the new trilogy. If they're super connected (and I can see them as being so), then I doubt we see anything substantial until we see actual stuff from the film. I doubt Disney wants to let another company give away major stuff, such as the visual look or the premise.

Of course, if it's KOTOR3 (oh god, please please please) then all bets are off.

If we get a new KOTOR style game, it likely won't be called KOTOR simply because of the canon wipe, also it is probably best to distance it from TOR. I could see Battlefront showing up though.

Patryn

If we get a new KOTOR style game, it likely won't be called KOTOR simply because of the canon wipe, also it is probably best to distance it from TOR. I could see Battlefront showing up though.

Despite its reputation as TORtanic, I believe TOR is actually making money for EA, and pretty much has been since it went F2P.

Of course it helped that they laid off about 3/4 of the staff.

I also don't think the KOTOR name is as tainted as you think. And despite what the popular impression is, they didn't necessarily do a "canon wipe". They just said that the existing EU is going under the "Legends" label, and the new stuff isn't going to exactly match. But as KOTOR takes place thousands of years before, I'm not sure they really care.

Top Bottom