• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 4 Main Character called Ryder, FemRy confirmed default. Spring 2017

All just been revealed on the E3 stream.

Suggests a Ryder family and "more than one Ryder".

Female is default official

Confirmed they are in the last leg of development 2017 spring launch

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Weird, "last leg of development" yet we didn't even got a real trailer.

Simo

Very cool.

I was worried with that BTS reel that they were still a long ways out yet but Walters said they're on the "final stretch".

Wagram

Spring 2017. I'll believe it when I see it. Looks like i'll be playing the female as the default this time then.

Yayate

Ooh, good news, I'm really happy to hear that.

I should probably get on finishing the Mass Effect games, they've been in my backlog for a while.

I don't think it'll end up making a difference for anything ever, but it's something nice to hear.

nOoblet16

Jennifer Hale as FemRyder pls...won't accept anyone else.
cause no matter what they decide to call the character it'll always be Shepard for me.

Patryn

What's the difference between being default and not besides marketing?

Historically, nothing.

Although history has shown that the default option is selected a vast majority of the time, regardless of what that default choice is. So I expect that the majority of players will play a female this time as opposed to the original trilogy.

And it's nice to have Ryder officially confirmed.

The next victory will be when they remove the option for a male character.

?

Why remove a choice?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I still think it's going to be pushed till later in the year, that video suggested it was years out

And this couldn't have been said yesterday?

Why the fuck didn't we have any real gameplay footage yesterday? Except for the small bits of course.

Fem Ryder named Winona confirmed canonical playthrough

I propose we drop FemRyder and just assume Ryder is the lady one.

DudeRyder for the alternative!

Mine will, of course, be Zack Ryder.

zack-ryder-o.gif

The guy was very sure about Spring 2017 in the stream and said they are the final stretch, talks about how they are really hard at work, uses his beard as an example of how much he is at the studio. It's getting the polish stage now.

What stream? I thought EA did their conference yesterday

The E3 10 hour live stream by Geoff

LQX

I don't what it its like to play Mass Effect as anything other than a female Shepard. A woman has been my Shepard since day once. Thought about replaying as male a few times though.

Top Bottom