• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda 90's sitcom?

TeamGizzy

Banned
I refuse to believe that during production, people looked at Fem Ryder & said " Ya know Bob, this woman could pass as a human being - lets move forward with the current design"

Man - she is hideous. Are we being punished for the ME 3 debacle ??

Kuro

I think its absolutely hilarious that people didn't see the Father thing coming a mile away. Bioware always does this crap.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Cant wait for the game to come out. Great gifs ahoy.
lld6j5o.gif
But.....how? Why?

Luxorek

I deeply and dearly want this game to be good and succesful. That saying...

Some of these threads are comedy gold. I laughed out loud at the gifs posted here.

I'm so glad a got a Switch instead of waiting for this. I really want it to be amazing, but it's not looking so hot right now. Hopefully if it is a mess it will be all fixed and pretty by the time I upgrade to Scorpio at the end of the year.

Those animations are....yikes.....

Well, at least I know that animation and writing are not going to be the reasons why I'm playing this game now. Hopefully the immersion and combat are better.

Lime

Those animations are....yikes.....

Well, at least I know that animation and writing are not going to be the reasons why I'm playing this game now. Hopefully the immersion and combat are better.

The writing and characterization are unfortunately pretty bad judging from the first couple of hours.

The writing and characterization are unfortunately pretty bad judging from the first couple of hours.
Oh no.....that's actually really disappointing! Anything good though? Music? Do they at least have the theme from the original trilogy somewhere? I haven't seen any opinion on the music yet.

Strimei

Oh no.....that's actually really disappointing! Anything good though? Music? Do they at least have the theme from the original trilogy somewhere? I haven't seen any opinion on the music yet.

From GB's stream, I didn't really notice the music. If anything, I noticed a strange lack of it in many places.

Diabelli

lol why does she enter the screen from the right when she is literally in the same place before and after he asks where the pathfinder is.

why on earth would they make such a goofy looking default fem ryder? especially after they finally nailed fem shep in 3. or is this someone who's tweaked her a bit

at least some of the other presets look a bit better.

DTKT

From Shinobi thread, it seems to be pretty good but there is no music on the Nexus - the Citadel-esque central hub. Which is a god damn shame since the multiple zone themes from ME1 were awesome.

From GB's stream, I didn't really notice the music. If anything, I noticed a strange lack of it in many places.
Ah crap. Maybe I should stop playing NieR Automata or I'm going to be so thrown off when I don't hear music around me pushing me forward. Good music is absolutely crucial at times.
From Shinobi thread, it seems to be pretty good but there is no music on the Nexus - the Citadel-esque central hub. Which is a god damn shame since the multiple zone themes from ME1 were awesome.
Oh? Well, here's hoping then!

I think its absolutely hilarious that people didn't see the Father thing coming a mile away. Bioware always does this crap.

Seriously right? How many BioWare games have begun with a character starting from humble beginnings, seeing a close friend/parent/mentor murdered and then get caught up in an epic quest that may destroy us all if they were to fail. They're intros are almost as formulaic as the Elder Scrolls games at this point (each one has you start off as an escaped prisoner).

Strimei

Yeah this trend is starting to bug me. It turns out I find games a lot harder to recall when there's very little music to associate it with.

I haven't noticed it in other games, but it is odd. Music can lend such an atmosphere.

Ah crap. Maybe I should stop playing NieR Automata or I'm going to be so thrown off when I don't hear music around me pushing me forward. Good music is absolutely crucial at times.

Once they got to the planet I stopped paying quite as much attention to music (or lack thereof) as there was actually more going on. On the nexus there wasn't nearly as much besides gawking at the janky animations (or, again, lack thereof. There was one turian woman NPC that stood as still as a board, it was amazingly awkward).

eizarus

Banned
I keep getting this feeling that this will be a game, much like DAI, that GAF hates but is mostly positively received

I think it's gonna end up scoring well on gameplay and story (I haven't seen anything about either, it's just an assumption), but get weighed down by how unpolished and janky it is. Then again, games have gotten away with worse, so who knows.

They know it's ok to make the characters hit one another right? Like, no one will get physically hurt.

Tahnit

Banned
what bothers me most are the eyes. They look painted on. No depth or shaders there at all. Every character has dead eyes and its sooo distracting. I cant get this game in the state its in right now, and im a HUGE mass effect fan.

Wow I completely missed this thread! Thanks! I'll have a listen soon.
I haven't noticed it in other games, but it is odd. Music can lend such an atmosphere.

Once they got to the planet I stopped paying quite as much attention to music (or lack thereof) as there was actually more going on. On the nexus there wasn't nearly as much besides gawking at the janky animations (or, again, lack thereof. There was one turian woman NPC that stood as still as a board, it was amazingly awkward).
Eek. Oh boy.

RexNovis

Banned
Smiling after someone is shocked that your Dad is dead. Wow y'all sure did outdo yourselves with the facial animations this time.

Lime

I think it's gonna end up scoring well on gameplay and story (I haven't seen anything about either, it's just an assumption), but get weighed down by how unpolished and janky it is. Then again, games have gotten away with worse, so who knows.

Story is also getting criticized already by outlets like GB, PCgamer, gamespot.

_woLf

Mass Effect is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and this is turning up to be a complete disaster.

Please, Bioware, do not make another Mass Effect game until you hire some fucking animators. And a better art director.

This is reaaaaally bumming me out.

Strimei

Eek. Oh boy.

If you watch the GB stream at some point, the one I'm talking about is the turian who asks Ryder to look into the stuff regarding her husband. Its especially emphasized because you can apparently control thecamera during that portion and they spin it around and you realize how she is standing stock still and just...not moving at all.

Also speaking of Ryder good god the amount of fellating the pathfinder gets is AMAZING.

Top Bottom