• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Cinematic Trailer, gameplay reveal December 1st at TGA

• Cinematic instead of gameplay focus
  • Spring release without a solid date still
  • Male Ryder back in marketing focus
  • Beginning of trailer is dark and hard to make out
Meh. That's what they wanted me to wait for? What a joke.

platina

i tried
Screen_Shot_2016_11_07_at_12_04_54_PM.png
Cant wait for my pro version to look as good as that, if not better.

LuuKyK

Its funny they are calling it a "gameplay reveal" as if that 4K clip they showed on sony's event never happened. lol

And yeah, too bad all that talk of female ryder being up and front was basically bullshit from bioware. She is totally MIA from everything.

TVexperto

Wow so much hype and again no real gameplay? What a disappointment, seems like they are try to hide the game far too long

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Gameinformer has some articles up about it. From the trailer + what they're writing about the Ryder family it seems likely that they're going to kill of the father.
I really hope that this is not going to be a DA2 case where you just won't really care.

Floex

Nothing screams new right now. They are having a hard time pulling this together right now. Generic hero fights generic villain, it's all so dull

SZips

Great...

Another cinematic trailer with the focus on the male lead. Thanks?

The cinematic part and lack of actual gameplay doesn't really inspire much confidence that we're going to see this in that "Spring 2017" window they put out there.

And I don't think we've seen the female lead since, what, the very first reveal? Bleh.

valkyre

Thats all we are getting today?

If yes color me unimpressed...

less than 2 minutes of ... well mostly nothing...

Jibbed

This.

C'mon Bioware, you're better than this.

DKHF

Yep, this was a meh trailer.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I dunno, y'all. I want it to be story-centric. I didn't want a gameplay trailer. Not yet. I mean, ideally we'd have had plenty of both by now -- and the game, too -- but narrative's why I play.

Keasar

That's it?

Expected a bit more from their oh so celebrated "N7 DAY ON NOVEMBER 7TH YEAH MASS EFFECT WOOOOOO!"

And they are saving shit up of course for the Game Awards. Next time a marketing person start spouting some shit about a random date like "May the 4th be with you" or "N7 day November 7th" you just take the biggest shoe you can find within 2 meters and start shoving that down their throat.

Leks

Why the hell did Bioware hype N7 Day if we have to wait another month for gameplay? Instead, we got a badly edited, bland "cinematic" trailer.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lol, so much for FemRyder. Guyder looks pretty bad (if that's the default, at least).

Trailer didn't look all bad, though I'm seriously hoping that when we get gameplay it doesn't turn out to be anything like DA:I's empty open-esque maps.

edit: Also, +1 for delay if they still don't have a date. At the very least, there must be some significant things going on under the hood.

Dude Ryder being the face of the game is disappointing, but at least I think he's better looking than the default Shepard, so might use him and not customise, unless I can just make him ginger.

New aliens look super generic and like Collectors 2.0 from what little we see if them.

Boo to them making either the protaganists and/or humans special super duper awesome snowflakes again by the sounds of it.

Other than that. Yeah, that was by the numbers dramatic Sci Fi action. Roll on the game awards and hopefully a slice of the actual important part of the game: plot and character interaction!

Disxo

I dunno, y'all. I want it to be story-centric. I didn't want a gameplay trailer. Not yet. I mean, ideally we'd have had plenty of both by now -- and the game, too -- but narrative's why I play.
They gave very little clue of what to expect.
Gameplay or story wise.

zeromcd73

This. Super disappointing. The two or so seconds of gameplay against the giant thing were pretty cool, but overall super meh.

Floex

Even the narrative so far is generic as hell though.

Top Bottom