• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda New Gameplay Trailer from Nvidia conference

Skux

Not feeling the ability to change class at will. There had better be a steep opportunity cost or else it just takes away from the feeling of roleplaying.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Am I the only one that thought he didn't look like he/she played the game well?

Dinda

I'm generally positive about the game, but they seem to have a really hard time showing it. Pretty much everything they showed till now was lackluster (outside of the Andromeda Initiative videos on the website) and this was the same.

That was not a great game play slice. I'm glad they aren't spoiling a lot but it seems hard to get excited with random game play snippets like this

Also changing classes could be classes better have some big downfall and you not be able to superpower all of them

Gameplay looked fairly underwhelming. Plus at the end it said "captured in engine, representative of blah blah blah"

Game is launching in March, can we have some real 1:1 direct feed gameplay plz

Jarmel

Banned
Changing class is fine. IIRC Fire Emblem Fates does it.
No it's not. Some of the classes are absolutely useless then. The whole point was that you were to be disadvantaged in certain scenarios so it gave an incentive to the 'all-arounders' while also establishing some level of consequence for your actions. You know, what a RPG should do.

diaspora

No it's not. Some of the classes are absolutely useless then. The whole point was that you were to be disadvantaged in certain scenarios so it gave an incentive to the 'all-arounders' while also establishing some level of consequence for your actions. You know, what a RPG should do.

Fire Emblem is the greatest SRPG of all time, and you get to change your classes, it's a non-issue. Doubly so if there's a cost.

I don't think it's actually a trailer, it's a gameplay footage which is something that I really want honestly. It's too short though, and the player doesn't seem to maximize covers at all.

RedSwirl

So other than class changing... it looks a lot like Mass Effect 3.

There are probably other differences people will dissect, but all the gameplay trailers so far have focused on... being a 3rd person shooter basically.

Ridesh

Banned
Game is looking pretty as always and I'm sure that the combat will be great, but they need to start choosing better demonstrations, what a bizarre marketing this game has.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So that's where those last batch of weird screens came from. Not exactly very tactical of the demo player running in around in the middle of the group of enemies doing random things.

Could have shown it off better.

Tagg9

Who is giving the okay for these gameplay snippits? Thus far, Andromeda has had some of the worst marketing I've ever seen. That looked like a random, completely unexciting battle in an unremarkable location.

If they're at an Nvidia conference, don't they want to show off the graphics at least? What the heck is going on...

This might be an odd question, but was the FOV in past games like this? That view felt more claustrophobic than I remember it looking.
Changing class is fine. IIRC Fire Emblem Fates does it.
Did Fates allow you to do it freely without cost? Like say, even the consumption of a limited item? I don't remember that.

Dont let this class change be like a diablo 3 thing. Plz no.

Plz plz plz no. I want my choices have consequences! Not a clean slate cause i feel like it. Fuck off with the participation trophies.

diaspora

This might be an odd question, but was the FOV in past games like this? That view felt more claustrophobic than I remember it looking.

Did Fates allow you to do it freely without cost? Like say, even the consumption of a limited item? I don't remember.

I don't either- I quit when the dumpsterfire story got overwhelmingly bad. FFV and Bravely Default let you change jobs at will though.

TheRed

Gameplay still looks kinda weird and not that exciting. But I'm still in for walking around exploring space planets and towns with pretty graphics on my gtx 1080, sad that that's the one thing I'm interested in that they've shown.

Jarmel

Banned
You want FF5 or Bravely Default as examples then? RPGs let you change jobs/classes, this is nothing new and it's no lesser for it.

Well usually there's some sort of heavy penalty or they don't let you do it on the fly like this. Here it's looks to be a button tap away. So yes it looks like garbage in its implementation as at this point why even have a class system at all?

DinoBoo

Neo Member
Not feeling the ability to change class at will. There had better be a steep opportunity cost or else it just takes away from the feeling of roleplaying.

I had no idea you could that in Andromeda. Not really liking the sound of that, honestly. I was looking forward to be pure Vanguard again...depends on how it'll be done in-game, I guess. Maybe you'll need to strategize instead of being able to switch all willy-nilly. Seems like the person playing wasn't all that good either.

Still cautiously looking forward to this game, though.

Top Bottom