• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Is anyone else sticking with default Ryder? I tried customizing my Ryder, but I scrapped him because I wasn't happy with him. I'm sticking with default Ryders for my first playthrough.

I did the original trilogy with the default Shepard so I'll probably do the default Ryder as well. I just can't seem to make good looking characters with character creators in games

How do I participate and complete the Andromeda Initiative program on PS4?

Do I have to use a browser still? I have an Origin account on PC, will it be linked to PS4?

Madness

Hopefully people realize it is beneficial to revive teammates rather than think they can go it alone. Have had so many people not revive even though I am right there and no real enemies around. Looks like will take people time to understand how MP works again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Here's some down-sampled pictures from the Pro version, first 10 minutes, nothing spoilery. I started the game as Sarah but I think I'll restart it as Scott tomorrow when I formally begin playing the game. Sarah has a constant smirk on her face and it's sort of annoying and distracting.

Super glad I bought the T3 USB SSD before this, loads are quick and snappy.

Vamphuntr

Is MP completely separate from the Campaign or do you earn rewards like AVP?

I'm about 15 hours in and so far the MP missions and the squads you send you send only give lootboxes. The cryo points are given when the nexus lvl up and the nexus lvl up when you increase viability on the planet doing priority missions and the MMO quests.

Ric Flair

Banned
After playing a few hours, thank GOD I didn't listen to all the negativity and cancel my preorder. This game oozes atmosphere and it might be the best cinematic sci-fi game I've ever played. The custom characters are fugly, but you can really create something amazing if you tinker around with it a bit. I love the look of my character

Madness

I do miss the milky way though. There was established lore there playing on things like Firebase Jade set on Surr'Kesh. I always loved the fact we could also see advanced Asari planets like Ilium.

jtrov

Awesome, specifically didn't play through the whole story segment during the EA Access trial so I could start this afternoon and roll right into the full game release come 12am, but the game kicked me out just now and won't even launch.

Really hoping this gets fixed soon, since I didn't get a chance to save and would rather not close the game and play something else while I sit here waiting for a fix to arrive.

Bummer, but damn am I enjoying the game so far. ME3 left an absolute awful taste in my mouth due to how that game ended and a disdain for anything ME related from that point on. Didn't follow Andromeda much at all, and just really ignored it up this point, but I have EA Early Access and thought, 'what the hell', and damn if it didn't suck me in like the games before it. Both default Ryder's seemed lame to me after running through the original trilogy with OG male Shepard, which made me weary. However, I was able to create an awesome female Ryder that really seemed to match the VO and didn't look an abomination once we arrived in-game. The game just reminds me so much of the first ME in the best way possible and from what I've played thus far it has the exploration and discovery aspect that I really missed in ME 2&3. Weird animation hiccups aside, it's left a good first impression. Now if only Xbox Live would cooperate...

Peterthumpa

Holy shit, the PS4 free pre-order theme is dumpster fire material, ugliest theme I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty bad ones.

X-Frame

Did anyone immediately jump into Insanity?

I found ME3 Insanity to be quite easy, especially after "training" so often in the MP.

Is there any news on what the Pro upgrades are. or the size of the patch on PS4 for physical users.

Lastweek the devs were saying 2GB but some were saying its now 5GB?

Hondo4

I don't know why I can't preload the game. I go to my preorder and all it says is purchased. I don't see anywhere to download

Eos early quest question, light spoilers:

As opposed to jumping right into the story mission I did some sidequests and ran into Drack in a Monolith. After he left I got a quest prompt to scan two glpyhs in the Monolith. I searched and can't find them anywhere. Are there where Drack is located or somewhere else?

Thanks!

I found ME3 Insanity to be quite easy, especially after "training" so often in the MP.

Yes (on Xbox) and I was suitably getting my ass kicked even with upgraded armour and weapons. I don't know how biotic charge users are gonna survive on Insanity because your health is shredded pretty quick.

I played as a Sentinel if that matters.

As opposed to jumping right into the story mission I did some sidequests and ran into Drack in a Monolith. After he left I got a quest prompt to scan two glpyhs in the Monolith. I searched and can't find them anywhere. Are there where Drack is located or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Quest help answer:
They are in the Remnant ruins nearby the Kett structure, not inside the Kett thing itself.

VPN trick doesn't unlock the preorder gear?

Took it a bit but it started downloading for me earlier.

I strongly recommend anyone who plans to play multiplayer to download the Apex HQ app. Not because you can send out strike teams whenever, but becuase the in-game UI is SO BAD. The app can switch characters, spend skills, change loadout, etc all within seconds with a sleek UI. Trying to do all that in game is a pain the ass with menus within menus all that have to load...ugh. The app even manages to fit character flavor text on the same screen for crying out loud - in-game you have to like flip cards over.

Now I just need it to permanently mute everyone.

Trickster

Eos mainquestline question -
I'm down in the big remnant dungeon, and there's a bigass door blocking my way, that I'm like 99.999% sure is the way I have to go, but I get no option to open it
. Am I missing something here or is this just a straight up bug preventing me from progressing

Edit update - Seems like it was indeed a bug, restarted the game and now the door will open

nOoblet16

Thanks!

Check the console using your scanner, then follow the lines.
Also that's not really side quest.

hbkdx12

1 more hour.

I'm kind of happy about the shitstorm the game got over the past few days because now i feel pretty desensitized to it all in a way where i feel im more likely to just play the game and not get hung up on awkward facial animations

how did you beat it? there's no cover any where.

I basically fought a war of attrition behind cover inside the building, making sure the Gatling gun guys were dead first before venturing outside to tackle the beast.
Overall I just cheesed as much as I could. Was using the Avenger plus a sniper rifle if that matters. Also make sure to keep ordering your squad to stay near you so that reviving them in combat isn't too much of a struggle.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I am planning to but the various reported bugs and glitches worried me, since you can't save in story missions, and there are reports where triggers or icons do not appear properly when they should during missions creating scenarios where you are forced to reload earlier save.

Can you imagine fighting through dungeons in Insanity only to be greeted by one of those in the end and you have to repeat the whole process? That would be maddening :/

pahamrick

I am planning to but the various reported bugs and glitches worried me, since you can't save in story missions, and there are reports where triggers or icons do not appear properly when they should during missions creating scenarios where you are forced to reload earlier save.

Can you imagine fighting through dungeons in Insanity only to be greeted by one of those in the end and you have to repeat the whole process? That would be maddening :/

I read there's a work around to quick save during story missions. Change objectives, save and change back.

malfcn

mass-effect-andromeda-day-one-patch-sara-ryder-face-comparison.jpg

Faces patched?

Wallach

Deleted all of my trial data. Now just deciding whether to start on Normal or Insanity for the first playthrough. Might save Insanity for later runs.

M.W.

Is anyone else sticking with default Ryder? I tried customizing my Ryder, but I scrapped him because I wasn't happy with him. I'm sticking with default Ryders for my first playthrough.

No way. Gotta customize no matter how simple it is.

Sioul

I'm also using the default name. I like that some NPCs call you Scott instead of just Ryder.
Also, in the case of a possible sequel I'm sure they will screw-up the faces if there are an import option.

Grisby

So I played about an hour but I'm not super happy with the look of my character.

Is there no pale option for skin tone? It's kind of weird that the slider is adjusted to the preset and you can't move it to the extreme on either end. Made a guy but the tone came out a bit different in the actual game.
The character creator in ME:A is awful
Yeah, it's not great.
The announce trailer with the Johnny Cash song is still my favorite
Cash is always a good choice.

Trickster

Man, say what you will about individual parts of the visuals like some animations that are not quite on point, or ugly human models, but overall this game is absolutely gorgeous. Screenshot folder being forcefeed today

Top Bottom