• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combat crackles and the worlds are lush, but mediocre writing and tepid quests add up to what is probably BioWare's worst RPG yet.

Considering Dragon Age Inquisition this is an incredible claim. I believe it.

On the one hand I'm sad to see the game is poor, on the other hand I hope it is a wake up call for ... who am I kidding nothing will be learned.

Damn :(

I'll still play it some day on a sale. But there is too much out there right now for me to shell out a "Fuck it I love the franchise" $60 on launch day for this.

DKHF

Seems like it will probably settle in the high 70s/early 80s. I predicted 83 in the score predictions thread, seems like I will actually be a bit high...

wig

I'm going to buy the game regardless of what reviews say but damn I wasn't expecting scores to be this low.

9kgemuJ.gif

TI82

Banned
But, I will say this, EA really went out on a limb with this game and the TEN HOUR trial this past weekend and that really takes some guts. It really showed (most of) us that the game is not good, but hey they let us try it early. I know that betas are a thing and this felt like a beta but supposedly it's the full game. It's impressive they believed in the game that much.

Now if only it were actually good...

giphy.gif

Card Boy

Banned
When IGN gives a game 7.7 (after bribes) you know the game is not that great. Heres here to picking it up for $5 during the Christmas sale.

The scores aren't bomba tier but this is definitely a new low for Bioware. I expected a bit better due to how fun the combat looks.

Karak

Basically what I was expecting. We have seen a lot of bad, but I have also seen a bunch of things that make it look great.

For many the issue is. nothing magically changes later. It just continues on at that level or higher through the entire game. Coupled with extraordinary bad writing...uhg. But each to their own man. If folks love it awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom