• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Ryder Family Screenshot Thread

Catdaddy

She loves you right back

Rx61OV3.gif

RIP FemBillPaxton

Oh man, I remade my Pathfinder and I'm SUPER happy. More prominent cheekbones averted the 'weird slope' issue I was having and I'm super glad how he looks. The cheekbones are slightly 'sunken' but I think it works and it avoids the weird shiny lighting issue I see so often.

Bioware needs to put up the website to download other faces. Man I need your custom Ryder in my game

YaBish

Question as I'm perusing this thread. Are there longer hair options for bro Ryder? Was hoping to have him rock some locks.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Setting the "Outer Iris" to black -- or at least a much darker colour -- fixes some of the glassy RealDoll™ creepiness:

Not all, but some. The eyes still roll and dart around like they're trying to escape during conversations though. smh.

This is pretty good advice. I'd be careful with pure black, depending on the actual iris color you want (it makes my 'medium/light' blue look a bit odd, for example), but at the very least go with a darker shade.

In other words, been having some pretty good luck (still tweaking minor things, so no pics yet) with this template for Sara from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShareYourR..._up_looking_a_bit_like_the_default_sara_just/

Brow Height: 13
Brow Depth: 15
Cheek Height: 17
Cheek Width: 6
Cheekbone Width: 3
Chin Height: 8
Chin Depth: 2
Chin Width: 8
Jaw Width: 10
Eye Height: 14
Eye Depth: 16
Eye Width: 17
Lip Thickness: 16
Mouth Height: 3
Mouth Depth: 6
Mouth Width: 12
Nose Height: 0
Nose Depth: 15
Nose Width: 19
Nose Size: 3
Eyeliner Style: Default Value, Black, Full Opacity
Eye Shadow Style: Slider max right, Black, Full Opacity
Blush Style: 1, Red, .20 Opacity

Since I got really positive feedback here for Asian bro Ryder Jin Young, I'll try to re-create him for you guys. Thanks for the compliments.

The thing is once you get in ballpark, you can kinda adjust to your liking. Hopefully isn't hard to get back to his general vibe :D

holy shit, this one's really good

i want this now lol, please share your settings if you can

without a doubt the best I've seen. Bravo.

As a matter of fact, I think I'm gonna steal this for my playthrough. It's so damn good.

Nice work, would you happen to have the sliders?

OK guys that liked Asian bro Ryder, just tried recreating him. I think I got pretty close, but you may want to mess around with some settings here and there. Maybe you'd like more eye width, height, or depth, less jaw and cheekbone craziness (comparing the two now I might back off a bit on those two things on the re-creation), extend chin a bit etc...I don't think it's a perfect re-creation, but I hope some of you can find it usable.

Here are the sliders. Have fun with the eye color, tattoos, scars and all that :D

Preset 4

Skin tone - 0.05

Brow Height - 6, Brow Depth - 12

Cheek Height - 18, Cheek Width - 7, Cheekbone Width - 18

Chin Height - 18, Chin Depth - 19, Chin Width - 15, Jaw Width - 19

Eye Height - 4, Eye Depth - 10, Eye Width - 15

Lip thickness - 9, Mouth Height - 16, Mouth Depth - 10, Mouth Width - 15

Nose Height - 3, Nose Depth - 7, Nose Width - 14, Nose Size - 8

Hairstyle - 7, black

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Cimarron

I really hate the character creator in this game. Why does daddy Ryder consistently come out looking the best? To tell you the truth I wish We were playing as him instead of one of the twins.

The game is already unlocked for me.. The character I created on trial was good in character creation but looked derpy in game. So I decided to discard my trial character and create a new female Ryder.. I think she's decent now

Full Album:
http://imgur.com/a/2w64n

Looking great there next to Cora. Awesome job. I like the calm brown eyes. Deep brown eyes can help make videogame characters look so much more real as tempting as the exotic looking blue and green eyes often are.

Does anyone think Bioware will update the Cc with more depth and options?

There has been a tweet or two by Mike Gamble (I think?) that says they're looking at it currently. Sounded like it was a definite possibility. Seems it might just introduce more facial animation bugs though, which means it could be a while. But what do I know...just kinda thinking out loud.

I hope we get more options and soon.

My Sara:

However, I didn't give any change on her brother... I am a female player...
http://imgur.com/QXpK8GL
http://i.imgur.com/2Jn4fXE.jpg

QXpK8GLr.jpg

2Jn4fXE.jpg

I like German Sara :D That ponytail looks great on her.

Edit: Oops double post again. Last one I promise.

(Although the asian one above seems pretty good).

Maybe just try the sliders and improve on it for your liking :D

He animates pretty decently and matches the VA nicely. I'm going to be sticking with the original one I made of him. For a while now I've usually chosen female protagonists 99% of the time in Bioware games(probably since DA2), but there's something about the story/setting of MEA that makes me want to try Bro-Ryder for my first full playthrough. Probably also that I want to
romance Cora

ironcreed

Banned
OK guys that liked Asian bro Ryder, just tried recreating him. I think I got pretty close, but you may want to mess around with some settings here and there. Maybe you'd like more eye width, height, or depth, less jaw and cheekbone craziness (comparing the two now I might back off a bit on those two things on the re-creation), extend chin a bit etc...I don't think it's a perfect re-creation, but I hope some of you can find it usable.

Here are the sliders. Have fun with the eye color, tattoos, scars and all that :D

Preset 4

Skin tone - 0.05

Hairstyle - 7, black

That looks great. Dialing in an Asian female or male seems to work well.

Preset 4

Skin tone - 0.05

Hairstyle - 7, black

Thanks!

ironcreed

Banned
It's funny. You see all of the goofy characters that people are posting and think the character creator is going to be awful and then look in here and see one fantastic looking character after another.

Arcteryx

It's funny. You see all of the goofy characters that people are posting and think the character creator is going to be awful and then look in here and see one fantastic looking character after another.

But there's really only 2 heads per that work as a good base. The CC is downright sad.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kinda like the look of my asian Sara Ryder in the Scavenger set. Even though i bet most asian Saras pretty much look the same with how little you can edit in the CC. lol

Top Bottom