• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Ryder Family Screenshot Thread

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The game is already unlocked for me.. The character I created on trial was good in character creation but looked derpy in game. So I decided to discard my trial character and create a new female Ryder.. I think she's decent now

Full Album:
http://imgur.com/a/2w64n

Might I bother you for some slider numbers? Your Sara is hands down one of the best ones I've seen.

mikemandey

Might I bother you for some slider numbers? Your Sara is hands down one of the best ones I've seen.

Ok.. I'll try to recreate it since I forgot to take screenshots of the sliders.. We can use mass effect archive to copy accurately later but only after the website is up.

Preset 5

Skin tone: 0.15

Brow height: 10
Brow depth: 10

Cheek height: 7
Cheek weight: 10
Cheekbone width: 9

Chin height: 10
Chin depth: 8
Chin width: 8
Jaw width: 3

Eye height: 10
Eye depth: 5
Eye width: 10

Lip thickness: 3
Mouth height: 10
Mouth depth: 5
Mouth width: 4

Nose height: 7
Nose depth: 8
Nose width: 7
Nose size: 4

Hair style: 6

Hair color, eyes color, makeup are up to you.

Ok.. I'll try to recreate it since I forgot to take screenshots of the sliders.. We can use mass effect archive to copy accurately later but only after the website is up.

Preset 5

I was hoping for these too. Thanks!!

ViciousDS

Banned
over on reddit no sliders yet......but

oh my

its beautiful

wmb0q982cnmy.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShareYourRyders/comments/60k1n2/sara_ryder_preset_9/

Preset 5

Cheers for the approximates. Might have to borrow this design. :)

PepperedHam

Super super happy with how my Ryder came out, some of the best results I've had making a Mass Effect character. The creator is a bit limited but my Shepard was butt ass ugly so having something I'm happy with here is a relief. Fits his personality in cutscenes too.

LogicStep

Super super happy with how my Ryder came out, some of the best results I've had making a Mass Effect character. The creator is a bit limited but my Shepard was butt ass ugly so having something I'm happy with here is a relief. Fits his personality in cutscenes too.
Got sliders?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People said you couldn't make good Caucasian Ryders... I think mine turned out cool.

Now to see if that coolness carries over in-game.

Man this character creation system sucks... Why didn't they just use the same one from Dragon's Age Inquisition. I feel especially bad for people wanting to play female characters, the presets are kind of hard to work with given very distinctive facial features on some of the characters.

I always try to make Nathan Fillion/Mal Reynolds in my games. Didn't have much luck given the limited options. So after I got as close as I could, I just made a few adjustments as I knew I couldn't really even come that close.

Preset 3
Skin Tone .10
Brow Height: 5.00
Brow Depth: 14.00
Cheek Height: 10.00
Cheek Width: 14.00
Cheekbone Width: 10.00
Chin Height: 19.00
Chin Depth: 18.00
Chind Width: 20.00
Jaw Width: 14.00
Eye Height: 10.00
Eye Depth: 12.00
Eye Width: 20.00
Lip Thickness: 6.00
Mouth Height: 14.00
Mouth Depth: 13.00
Mouth Width: 14.00
Nose Height: 6.00
Nose Depth: 10.00
Nose Width: 13.00
Nose Size: 14.00

Hair Style: 0.00 (god are these limited)
Hair color: 6 down, 4 over.
Facial Hair: None, these looks like terrible maps on everything except light colored hair.
Eye Color Outer: R: 582 G: 610 B: 855
Eye Color Inner: R:400 G:274 B:116

Kept default Sister because I couldn't create one I liked. Might find one online or in here. But the stock one I don't mind at all.

This is pretty good advice. I'd be careful with pure black, depending on the actual iris color you want (it makes my 'medium/light' blue look a bit odd, for example), but at the very least go with a darker shade.

In other words, been having some pretty good luck (still tweaking minor things, so no pics yet) with this template for Sara from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShareYourR..._up_looking_a_bit_like_the_default_sara_just/

Kind of looks like Felicity Jones.

nillapuddin

i apologize for the name, i am literally a child.
JdpCfmXh.png

I wanted to get something close to my face shape but I think I failed, ugh.
QLE5cZ7.png

Dice//

Banned
Oh god all this thread shows is that Bioware should never do facial capture unless they're gonna do it right.

Everyone's original characters (and in-game too) look a thousand times better than

tumblr_oi3vyslRBC1ubh1kvo1_500.png

this or

Miranda+lawson+from+mass+effect+2+and+yvonne+strahovski+_785716c6a6a699f80251e97c387452ec.jpg

this.

Well done all.

marzlapin

Oh god all this thread shows is that Bioware should never do facial capture unless they're gonna do it right.

Everyone's original characters (and in-game too) look a thousand times better than

(snip)

Well done all.

Sara's appearance isn't based on her voice actor.

_woLf

This is a really dumb question, but how the hell do I get nvidia shadowplay screenshots to work with this game?

When I do the keyboard shortcut to take a screenshot, nothing appears. How do I go about taking screenshots in this game?

I went with preset 5 Sara. While she looks great at times, sometimes she's making that angry looks due to her lips and it's pretty bad. I needeed to restart with Asian Sara.

Rozart

I. hate. this. cc.

Anyway, copy-pasting my post from the OT.

My third attempt at Sara Ryder + a bonus pic of Papa Ryder.

She still looks a little off at certain angles when she's talking. I'm not sure if it's the just the game's jankiness or if it's because I messed something up in the CC. Anyways. I'll give the CC one last try to see if I can come up with something better. But if I'm not able to, then I'lll just stick with this one.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShareYourRyders/comments/60k1n2/sara_ryder_preset_9/

I got the sliders from the person who made this. So if you want thank king on Reddit.

Omg, yes. Thanks for these.

Top Bottom