• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Ryder Family Screenshot Thread

Rellik

Asian twins creates such a badass looking father.

masseffect_andromeda_vmyxr.png

Rodhull

Oh god all this thread shows is that Bioware should never do facial capture unless they're gonna do it right.

Everyone's original characters (and in-game too) look a thousand times better than

tumblr_oi3vyslRBC1ubh1kvo1_500.png

this or

Miranda+lawson+from+mass+effect+2+and+yvonne+strahovski+_785716c6a6a699f80251e97c387452ec.jpg

this.

Well done all.

I thought the Strahovski face scan was pretty decent. Especially for the time the game came out.

Neither of the Ryders are face scans of the voice actors though. They're both based on models similar to Shepherd being based on a Dutch model who was done well too.

Mind posting sliders? Really digging that Sara look.
I based her off of this:

Ok.. I'll try to recreate it since I forgot to take screenshots of the sliders.. We can use mass effect archive to copy accurately later but only after the website is up.

Preset 5

Skin tone: 0.15

Brow height: 10
Brow depth: 10

Cheek height: 7
Cheek weight: 10
Cheekbone width: 9

Chin height: 10
Chin depth: 8
Chin width: 8
Jaw width: 3

Eye height: 10
Eye depth: 5
Eye width: 10

Lip thickness: 3
Mouth height: 10
Mouth depth: 5
Mouth width: 4

Nose height: 7
Nose depth: 8
Nose width: 7
Nose size: 4

Hair style: 6

Hair color, eyes color, makeup are up to you.

👌

FHIZ

Really like how my Sara Ryder turned out. Looks quite good in most scenes.
vKadVbY.jpg
Looks really good. I got frustrated with the creator last night and just was fed up so I started with generic vanilla guy Ryder, might have to just start over and join team Asian lady Ryder, they're the only creations coming out of this that look really good to me.

The only problem is that I'd choose that hair style above, but oh my god in the first few hours I've run into enough people in the game who have the same hair. It really bothers me for some reason, and on top of that, Suvi has it too. It's just awkward to me, haha.

Mark5130

Do the CC outcomes differ between consoles and PC? I'm on PS4 and I've tried a few of the FemRyders I've seen both here and on Reddit and they look nothing like the screenshots people post along with the slider settings.

Maligna

Banned
Do the CC outcomes differ between consoles and PC? I'm on PS4 and I've tried a few of the FemRyders I've seen both here and on Reddit and they look nothing like the screenshots people post along with the slider settings.

I've found my Ryder looks great in some cutscenes and not so great in others. It all depends on the lighting.

_woLf

Is there a way to change your appearance in game? I know that feature was added in DLC with Dragon Age Inquisition, so I'm curious. Especially if they're planning on adding more options to character creation later like they indicated.

Big Nikus

Is there a way to change your appearance in game? I know that feature was added in DLC with Dragon Age Inquisition, so I'm curious. Especially if they're planning on adding more options to character creation later like they indicated.

From what I've read, nope.
I hope they give the possibility. It's the future, I'm sure people can change their faces with an Omni-tool.

Spacetime

Neo Member
I came here looking for inspiration for my Ryder and realized I had an account. Huh.

Anyhow, this is Thalia Ryder.
tumblr_on8btnIC021qbconeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_on8btnIC021qbconeo7_1280.jpg

More pics underneath:

tumblr_on8btnIC021qbconeo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_on8btnIC021qbconeo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_on8btnIC021qbconeo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_on8btnIC021qbconeo6_1280.jpg

No, definitely looks like Dick Ryder to me.

People are allowed to post this kind of stuff on GAF towards another member?

A member posted a pic of himself looking for help and is allowed to get this kind of response. How is this supposed to make members feel confident in their posts?

I'm vicariously embarrassed honestly for offender. I'm sure he wouldn't give a shit, though.

jowell24

Used Female Preset 9 and Male Preset 6 to make my Ryders.

Think they turned out pretty well. Not much you can do with the eyes sadly.

S4Z22pC.png
k5dBtRz.png
rbKcRjH.png

J9db56Q.png
DmpEdXo.png
erRT3l7.png

unmTCeR.png

Male Ryder and Dad
3ItmLTO.png
SfuQEWr.png

Honestly didn't think they were half black when I saw Alec Ryder for the first time.

Lighting in the CC is a bit misleading

LogicStep

Ok, now I'm finally done and happy with it. The bro stayed the same as my last post.

Sara:

Preset 9 (I believe this is the one)

Skin tone: .50
Brow height: 13
Brow depth: 15
Cheek height: 17
Cheek width: 6
Cheekbone width: 3
Chin height: 8
Chin depth: 2
Chin width: 8
Jaw height: 10
Eye height: 14
Eye depth: 16
Eye width: 17
Lip thickness: 14
Mouth height: 3
Mouth depth: 6
Mouth width: 12
Nose height: 0
Nose depth: 15
Nose width: 19
Nose size: 3
Eyeliner style: 5
Eyeliner opacity: 1
Eye shadow style: 8
Eye shadow opacity: 1
Blush style: 1
Blush opacity: .20

ThEoRy...

People are allowed to post this kind of stuff on GAF towards another member?

A member posted a pic of himself looking for help and is allowed to get this kind of response. How is this supposed to make members feel confident in their posts?

I'm vicariously embarrassed honestly for offender. I'm sure he wouldn't give a shit, though.

apparently, oh well. I've got thick skin.

It sucks because I just wanted to get along with the game so now Im too far into the game to ever go back and try again, shrug
The way I understand it, the Dick Ryder joke was a reference to the character nillapuddin created in an effort to look like himself while at the same time naming his avatar "Dick Ryder" which he himself admitted was childish. Then the other poster made a poor joke about agreeing that nillapuddin indeed captured his likeness by saying his photo resembled a Dick Ryder. It was just a bad joke and I don't think there was any malicious intent. Sort of like when you could say to one of your good friends, "dude, you're an asshole" and it doesn't mean anything because you are just playing around. Now you wouldn't say that to someone you just met however as it's a different circumstance. Boundaries people. We have to have boundaries.

The way I understand it, the Dick Ryder joke was a reference to the character nillapuddin created in an effort to look like himself while at the same time naming his avatar "Dick Ryder" which he himself admitted was childish. Then the other poster made a poor joke about agreeing that nillapuddin indeed captured his likeness by saying his photo resembled a Dick Ryder.

Fair enough, I guess I didn't notice the smaller details of the situation. Just felt like I should stick up for a GAF member who seemed to be getting picked on.

Rockeeo

I think my character looks too much like a Sims 3 character. I considered starting over and using the default character. I now just keep a helmet on in most situations.

YxDFnVf.jpg

XVYHoYK.jpg

pitchfork

Will be starting afresh from the trial this evening

My plan is to recreate Jack' from ME2
th

No idea how successful i'll be though

Top Bottom