• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Ryder Family Screenshot Thread

Rellik

I'd be very surprised if you got anywhere near Jack. Not because I doubt you, but the limited CC is going to be fighting you.

Edit: I keep getting top of the page 😠

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dad Ryder came out looking like this.

5RL3H5d.jpg

Bro Ryder and his sister are both platinum blonde... adopted?
I know it's recessive anyway, but I think Alec always has dark hair, which is interesting

Also I know that's Cora, not his sister. But his sister is blonde in my game.

ironcreed

Banned
Dad Ryder came out looking like this.

Bro Ryder and his sister are both platinum blonde... adopted?
I know it's recessive anyway, but I think Alec always has dark hair, which is interesting

Also I know that's Cora, not his sister. But his sister is blonde in my game.

Dad uses Just for Men.

Replicant

So my first attempt at making tough-looking male Ryder looks like shit. He looks like he's constipated 90% of the time. Combined with the shitty facial animation, he just looks awful.
Warning: What looks good in CC is not necessarily how he'd look in game (which is like this):

20Drqa3.png

So I thought "Reset, reset!" And so I did. And made a 'kinder-looking' Ryder since I figured that's the kind of face that default Ryder seems to have:

HZ1yfHJ.png

Not too bad, I guess. Not the kind of guy I like but he looks decent.....until the facial animation starts....ugh. I mean, there are times when he looks good like this:

r6KkuvX.png

But there are times when he looks like derpy Ken doll. But at this point I'm too tired to try again. Here's his sister. Don't know what she looks like in game atm:

gES3wv5.png

In comparison, this is what I could made in Fallout 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fZnBLQZAL8

So yeah, I'm not too impressed at the moment.

mikemandey

Wow. I thought Ryder just always looked like shit, but I guess I really fucked up my character in the creator looking at some of your guys characters... damn, some of yours look actually really good.

There's no way to change on PS4 right...

Replicant

Wow. I thought Ryder just always looked like shit, but I guess I really fucked up my character in the creator looking at some of your guys characters... damn, some of yours look actually really good.

There's no way to change on PS4 right...

It's not you, it's the game. Even if the character looks good in CC (which is already very limited in terms of what you can create), there's no guarantee he will look good in game's default state. Let alone after the wonky facial animation takes over.

To change on PS4 just do a "New Game" and delete your old one.

I quickly made a male Ryder on my laptop. Settings are medium to high.
Unfortunately he kinda' looks like Ed Miliband, the ex-Labour leader in the UK (but not quite that weird looking).
Also you can't see it but he has an annoying glitch above his left eye. Playing the game in less than Ultra settings (which I do on my desktop) doesn't do the game many favours.

It's not you, it's the game. Even if the character looks good in CC (which is already very limited in terms of what you can create), there's no guarantee he will look good in game's default state. Let alone after the wonky facial animation takes over.

To change on PS4 just do a "New Game" and delete your old one.

This is kind of true. There's only so much we can do. Screenshots won't always represent the jank. It's there for every character and is inescapable (as much as I like this game)

One of the best Bro-Ryd's I've seen. Nice work.

Thanks. He looks goofy in some cut scenes but I'm already a ways in and don't feel like starting over over, Maybe if the opening cinematic was skippable lol. Every character I've made has had face jank in some cutscenes so it'd be a waste of time anyway.

Could you post your settings?

head 6

Skin 0.05
Brow 0.0,6.00
Cheek 20.00, 9.00, 5.00
Chin 8.00, 20.00, 4.00, 8.00
Eyes 0.00, 11.00, 8.00
Mouth 8.00, 12.00, 7.00, 3.00
Nose 3.00, 9.00, 9.00, 1.00

Rellik

You can't use this to change an existing character right? Don't really feel like replaying 6-8 hours gametime to get rid of my weirdo-looking character.

Nope.

I restarted my game almost immediately to change my character. It's the only way right now.

pi0PYN3.jpg

I was trying for a Hispanic look
This is preset 5 with a slight tweak to the nose, lightest skin tone

Finally tried making a bro Ryder.

HRJ1T2Y.jpg

Came out pretty good I think.

Jihyun and Alec Ryder

My Sara Ryder. I tried Asian and default Sara but none of them clicked with me.

17492844_10208669816606767_2690000251036574412_o.jpg

Not too shabby, I guess. Well, after 12 hours in she's already attached to me.
Hoping to get Archive links for these faces.

Any decent looking black dudes? This amazing Ryder needs a brother.

MoonGred

Is there something I'm missing when using archive.

Logged into to archives with my orign account, use appearance, start a new game and select custom character, import the character.

It says succesfully imported but doesn't change the appearance at all.

I really wish bioware would make it so you can immediately see your character in action after creation so you can redo it straight away if they turn out to be an abomination.

I managed to get a female Ryder I'm happy with on my second attempt - my first one had a weird-looking jaw & her facial animations were awful in EVERY scene. I'll post pics later today when I get back on the PS4
My dad does look a bit... odd but it's WAY better than my first one.

Dodgy animations aside, I'm loving the game so far :)

EDIT: Pics!
Clara Ryder
Scott Ryder
Alec Ryder

Top Bottom