• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda "Tempest & Nomad" briefing shows ship interior and Nomad stuff

Akai__

YouTube Video

Watch all Briefings to Unlock an ingame Helmet and Armor here: https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub/tempest-and-nomad

AsstymZ.png

J2tNuGg.png

ydomMbK.png

9fkkiGg.png

lUVh2oe.png

Simo

Tempest looking sleek and sexy as hell. Nomad looks great and good to see the customization is confirmed again and like the deployable mining drones.

Quite liked the music score there too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No that was a cool video: the Tempest looks amazing!

No main gun though is disappoint.

Why? The Normandy had one and it only used it in cutscenes. The only thing "no main gun" means is that we're pretty defenseless for story reasons.

I'm guessing the Tempest will also be known as the "coward spaceship", since all we'll do is run away as soon as trouble shows up. :p

God, this looks so good.

If the Nomad controls well (love that speedboost!) it could be the true realization of what the Mako always wished it was.

Can't wait for this game.

Only "complaint" is that the Tempest UI looks a bit weird, like not very Mass Effect but more "modern." Past control interfaces had that holographic orange/blue omni-tool look to it, this interface seems to be a mix of touch screen and orange holograms.

kennyamr

For a sec back there I heard "No Man Sky's rover."
ehem,
Very nice video.
I liked it way more than some previous "trailers".
I think the hype is coming back.

Akai__

God, this looks so good.

If the Nomad controls well (love that speedboost!) it could be the true realization of what the Mako always wished it was.

Can't wait for this game.

Appareantly they had guys from Need For Speed over to nail the controls, so that's probably a good sign.

This is the best thing they have shown so far, beyond me why it is "unlisted" on Youtube :/

Because they want you to watch it on their website. I just looked in the source code of the website and found the Video ID that way.

Bubble

Neo Member
The Tempest is looking fine. It does feel very small in comparison to the Normandy though, but that is probably to be expected.

Also, I really hope there won't be any loading screens on the Tempest. There was nothing worse in the Trilogy then waiting one minute just to see if any of your squadmates had anything new to say.

hydruxo

Was kind of hoping the interior of the Tempest would stand apart more from the Normandy, but it looks very similar. Not that that is a bad thing, just would've liked a different look I guess.

Nomad is looking dope. Love the sleekness of it.

Anoxida

The Tempest is looking fine. It does feel very small in comparison to the Normandy though, but that is probably to be expected.

Also, I really hope there won't be any loading screens on the Tempest. There was nothing worse in the Trilogy then waiting one minute just to see if any of your squadmates had anything new to say.

Do we know if it actually is smaller? I thought Normandy's size by ME3 was perfect. I'm sure they didn't show all the rooms.

samn

I don't know why I feel so unexcited by this, especially as I didn't even dislike ME3 (or its ending).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Oh god, was it that bad? On PC, it takes literally 2-3 secs to load a floor.

Blobbers

I completely dislike that they're using the same med kit and gas-tank-explosive-thing design from the previous games, as seen in pictures #3 and 4. I want everything to look new even if it makes less logical sense.

BL6klRC.jpg

5ej38nI.jpg

Was kind of hoping the interior of the Tempest would stand apart more from the Normandy, but it looks very similar. Not that that is a bad thing, just would've liked a different look I guess.

Nomad is looking dope. Love the sleekness of it.

In what way does any of that interior in the video resemble anything of SR1 or SR2? The fact that it has chairs or a place to actually sleep?

Ralemont

not me

Guess it might depend on the game but my first thought was actually that the Tempest looked much roomier. Here's ME2's briefing room:

1129336281.jpg

And no loading screens throughout Tempest already confirmed!

Haven't been following much regarding the Nomad if there's been information previously shared by them, but despite everything looking really great and all, I'm a little uneasy about the terrain they're showing off with the Nomad in this video.

Still haven't played ME3 yet, as I'm currently playing through the series for my first time and on ME2, but I hated the Mako in ME1 not because of the controls, but because it was basically a massive empty environment with like 3 waypoints randomly thrown about in opposite corners of the map. That's not fun to explore, and that's literally what the environment they showed off in this video looks like.

Like I said, I haven't been following the game all that well, so hopefully all signs point to this just being a method of theirs not to spoil the actual contents of the environment, and focus more specifically on the Nomad's functions.

Edit: Wait, the Nomad has no weapons, and you have to manually drive around in an empty environment dropping those drones off? They created and refined that feature to be one of the many random mini-games in ME2. Why's it now becoming this game's version of running around gathering plants?

Top Bottom