• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda trailer tease, cinematic trailer out tomorrow 1/26

Ridesh

Banned
They shouldn't use the word 'cinematic', it will make people think that it's cgi.

Story trailer would be a better name.

Newman96

This game is releasing in a couple of months and I feel like we've not really seen much significant gameplay, is it just me?

Tovarisc

This game is releasing in a couple of months and I feel like we've not really seen much significant gameplay, is it just me?

Yeah, they have been super stingy on actual gameplay. And no, I don't count X seconds of jogging as gameplay footage.

StereoVsn

They already said long gameplay trailer is coming.

You guys need to calm down it's still 2 months
That means they have to go gold in the next few weeks. There is really no time before release to make any sort of major changes and materials shown so far have been sparse.

Effect

No it's not you. We really haven't seen significant gameplay outside of some scripted gameplay trailers/slices. Nothing even approaching a normal gameplay segment. You know how people from Nintendo just sit down with Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a controller and just play it. I don't expect we'll get anything close to that with ME:A (maybe BoTW has spoiled me on this front) but that's want and need to see with this game. Or something similar to that.

So "caring little" is a euphemism for "participate in every Mass Effect thread" and discuss the game ad nauseam. ;)
i mean, yeah, why not. i used to be way more active in the community thread but there's not much i feel like discussing, but it is good to see the hype behind it, you know

though there is less hype than i thought

prag16

Banned
That means they have to go gold in the next few weeks. There is really no time before release to make any sort of major changes and materials shown so far have been sparse.

It's not like they're going to make changes based on gaf reaction to a gameplay trailer..

Xando

It's not like they gonna change much because Gaf doesn't like it.

Marketing is gonna kick off these next weeks (guess this is the start) and there seems to be a large blowout coming with IGN soon.

Desmond

Always wanted to play the trilogy on PS3 but never got around to it. Can I jump in with this on PS4 or should I pick up the trilogy first?

Always wanted to play the trilogy on PS3 but never got around to it. Can I jump in with this on PS4 or should I pick up the trilogy first?

new story, new characters. you can jump right in, but the original is still worth playing for sure when you get the chance

StereoVsn

It's not like they gonna change much because Gaf doesn't like it.

Marketing is gonna kick off these next weeks (guess this is the start) and there seems to be a large blowout coming with IGN soon.
What does that have to do with GAF? It's weird to have that happen for a major title. When Fallout 4 (faults aside) was previewed at that E3 before its release they certainly showed a shitload of gameplay and that was a few months earlier compared to ME:A and it's release.

So we have ME:A with 8 weeks out from release not really giving customers good info on gameplay, characters, world, etc... It's somewhat strange.

I still don't think it has sunk in yet that I'm getting a new Mass Effect game in a month after all these years.

I should probably finish my second DA:I playthrough before this comes out, haha.

Protip for PC owners of Dragon Age Inquisition: Get the mod that removes the wait times on the map missions, it makes it so much less of a hassle to manage all of those and makes the whole game less annoying as a result.

In-game or in-engine? There is difference. Usually "cinematic" trailers are in-engine.
Well, in-game meaning it's from Frostbite and cutscenes you'll see in the game on your TV. It should be representative of the visuals.

Hmm, okay you technically never said that but how is a purely cinematic trailer going to change the negative sentiment we've seen?
I didn't say 'all' the negativity. Everyone has different feelings on what they want to see, so if you're wanting to see more tone, atmosphere and characters, I think you'll like it.

Dalibor68

Banned
We don't need more teasers or cinematic trailers, we need something like a 15min gameplay walkthrough and/or short 2min character/single gameplay element trailers

How are they not getting that?

Xando

What does that have to do with GAF? It's weird to have that happen for a major title. When Fallout 4 (faults aside) was previewed at that E3 before its release they certainly showed a shitload of gameplay and that was a few months earlier compared to ME:A and it's release.

So we have ME:A with 8 weeks out from release not really giving customers good info on gameplay, characters, world, etc... It's somewhat strange.

They said they're gonna do a shorter marketing cycle with this game than usual.

If in 8 weeks you still don't have enough information to make a purchase decision how about waiting for impressions when it's out or try it on EA Access?

Femto.

I am anxious about how this game is going to turn out based on their last trailer.

I was all in on day one since the announcement until the long periods of info droughts for years and the recentl trailer.

Going to hold out for reviews.

Top Bottom