• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition launching on May 14

Ascend

CTfOIk6.jpg

June

Even in mass effect 1 I found the fov way too small, but 2 and 3... literally unplayable for me. Thankfully there was a method to fix the fov on pc (and it was actually quite specific, there were different mods but only one was working correctly for all situations), this might not even be possible on these remasters. I never understood what they were thinking with this fov.

same, the character model just take up too much of the screen. it makes the image far too tight on the eyes

its such a shame that for all the good a remaster can do it's these simply-to-do changes that can do so much damage. and its only done to create visual parity with the sequels. They should just leave stuff alone

this is exactly why a few months back I posted in another thread that I would rather EA just do a straight res/texture upgrade, because any gameplay changes they do they are more than likely going to get wrong

VanEs

Yeah, Zaeed doesn't look anything like the left picture even on xbox 360. That's like the most unflattering, worst case scenario screenshot you could use lol.

Bought this series on 360. Rebought on pc. And I will buy it again when I have a next gen console.

Really hope they will update some of the animations. Shepard looks like a constipated man running in ME2 ,and I can't even find the words for what happens in ME3.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How can a remaster not be 60fps?
Absolutely disgusting.
They put effort into it and didn't just port the PS3/360 versions to PS4/XBOX ONE
I know you would be happy with that, but hey just switch your motion+ on your TV to max if it bothers you so much and pretend it's 60fps

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah, Zaeed doesn't look anything like the left picture even on xbox 360. That's like the most unflattering, worst case scenario screenshot you could use lol.

Bought this series on 360. Rebought on pc. And I will buy it again when I have a next gen console.

Really hope they will update some of the animations. Shepard looks like a constipated man running in ME2 ,and I can't even find the words for what happens in ME3.
LOL.

I guess I missed the side mission where Zaeed does Blackface.

I didn't watch the videos, but I'm hoping EA isn't cherry picking the worst looking scenes at the worst situation to compare against the remastered look. That would be ultra ingenuine.

JayK47

At first I was excited about this. Well, as excited as one can be for an update. But the more I am seeing and hearing about it, the less I care about it. I played the originals mostly on PC, and they looked and still look pretty good. It sounds like most of the work was done to ME1 to bring it up to ME2 and ME3 standards. No mention of additional content. In fact some was removed or lost. No mention of fixing the ending to ME3 or adding alternative ending(s). It really sounds like a reskin for ME2 and ME3 with updates to ME1. It may be a much bigger update to console gamers with a 4K TV and a 4K capable console. But for PC gamers, not much to see here. I will wait for reviews and a sale if I ever pick this up.

VulcanRaven

Looks great. I only played ME1 for few hours many years ago so these will be new for me. I have been thinking about continuing so good that they are remastering these.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

System requirements are a joke, they're not complete remakes of the original games. I'll also be disappointed if the trilogy won't allow to pick games for install instead of having to reserve whole 120 gigs.

Last edited:
Man that trailer ................. that music. I have always had a love/hate relationship with this franchise (especially after the way they wrapped the franchise up). But that trailer fuck it makes me want to buy the legendary version and I probably am.

Fbh

Will eventually buy it even if it's just a basic upres. Love this franchise and there's hasn't been anything quite like it since.

Hopefully you can download and play them 1 at a time to not have 120gb occupied on this at all times.

wtf is this shit

EtO57CEXEAkMd9X

Yeah saw this in some video posted earlier.
Went from some apocalyptic end of the world vibe to a nice sunny day WTF.

Makes me wonder how many other weird changes like this are in the game. Where they "updated" it to look nicer while completely missing the point of the art direction

The Shepard

Seems like ea is putting the work into this and not rushing it out for some quick bucks. Fair play to them, can't wait to replay it all. Hopefully dead space will follow along with part 4.

Still pissed they're not going change the ending to ME3. Even with the Extended Cut it's still one of gaming's big travesties.

I think the new game is going of this ending via the destroy ending. Shepard will probably be brought back.. again, like at the start of 2. Much in the future though.

Ascend

wtf is this shit

EtO57CEXEAkMd9X
Look like the main character is not angry anymore because he/she is not seeing red 🙂
Yeah saw this in some video posted earlier.
Went from some apocalyptic end of the world vibe to a nice sunny day WTF.

Makes me wonder how many other weird changes like this are in the game. Where they "updated" it to look nicer while completely missing the point of the art direction
Family friendly.

Too much chaos and the apocalypse will make the twitter crowd's depression drop 3 pts down the ladder.

Honestly, I think the reason they changed it is because a lot of people simply missed the 'ship' during the first mission. Sounds crazy, I know, but that's how it is. I also missed it on my first playthrough, and after looking at many people reacting to the game in playthroughs, most of them missed it.

Adding the sun right next to the giant bug-thing will likely make people look more in that direction, to make sure they see it.

RAIDEN1

So much for the latest "leaked" date of March 12th....hell even April 23rd was a possible date, but MAY?! Wasn't this going to originally be released in Oct/Nov, but then they pushed it back? How much more work do they need to do on it? It's not exactly a 6-parter, you'd think they were re-building the entire trilogy from scratch...

Fbh

Honestly, I think the reason they changed it is because a lot of people simply missed the 'ship' during the first mission. Sounds crazy, I know, but that's how it is. I also missed it on my first playthrough, and after looking at many people reacting to the game in playthroughs, most of them missed it.

Adding the sun right next to the giant bug-thing will likely make people look more in that direction, to make sure they see it.

I guess that could be the case.
Though surely there was a way to do so while maintaining the gloomy vibe

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Day 1 I guess for me - if it has a 1080p 60 fps mode on the PS4pro at least (not holding my breath to get my hands on a PS5 until then).

Fbh

These seem kinda high considering the recommended specs for M3 were:
OS - Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7
CPU - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)
RAM - 2GB for XP / 4GB RAM for Vista/Win 7
Disc Drive - 1x speed
Hard Drive - 15 GB of free space
Video - AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater, NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB or greater
Sound - DirectX 9.0c compatible

I'm not seeing that big of a visual upgrade.

Last edited:

Glitterhoof

Neo Member
Especially looking forward to the Citadel in remastered ME1, should be a nice place to walk around. Scanning those keepers should be fun again.

But most likely I'll get it on a discount sometime later in the future. I already spend a lot of money on this franchise, and the memory of 2 and 3 is still very fresh to be nostalgic about replaying it.

VanEs

wtf is this shit

EtO57CEXEAkMd9X
I guess I'm in the minority when I say it's an improvement. Never much liked that Doomsday red sky, and this actually works better knowing
the Reaper invasions in ME3 don't cause sudden dramatic changes in the atmosphere.

It's just my opinion though there's really no need to spread it around.

Ascend

Disc Drive - 1x speed
Video - AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater, NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB or greater

I agree on the system requirements. Seems insanely high for fairly modest gains over the originals.
I suspect these are for 4K, but I could be wrong.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh
I’m generally anti-remaster - make something new ffs, but I may make an exception for this. One of my all time favourite series...

MrA

Banned
Disc Drive - 1x speed

lens flare ain't cheap

• LOL
Reactions: Fbh

Dorohedoro

DLC:

Bring Down the Sky
Genesis
Zaeed – The Price of Revenge
Kasumi – Stolen Memory
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Firewalker Pack
Overlord
Normandy Crash Site
Arrival
Genesis 2
From Ashes
Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
Leviathan
Omega
Citadel
Equalizer Pack
Aegis Pack
Firepower Pack
Cerberus Weapons and Armor
Arc Projector
ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack 1
ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack 2
ME3 Alternate Appearance Pack 1
Firefight Pack
Groundside Resistance Pack
Recon Operations Pack
Collector's Weapon and Armor
Terminus Weapon and Armor
M-21 Incisor
Blood Dragon Armor
Inferno Armor
Recon Hood
Sentry Interface
Umbra Visor
N7 Warfare Gear
AT-12 Raider
Chakram Launcher
M-55 Argus
M-90 Indra
Reckoner Knight Armor
N7 Collector's Edition Pack

It lacks Pinacle Station of ME1, Bioware lost the data of that little DLC and they couldn't even include it on the PS3 release years ago. That said that DLC was totally forgetable and less than 1h of story content. The only good thing is that it was the only way to see the Earth from the moon.
The umbra visor? You'll get it in ME2 this time? (Maybe even ME1?) Nice. It was only available for PC players in ME2 that I know of. I loved wearing it in ME3.

1214765.png

Top Bottom